Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gda_11

Stressed Too Much and Terrified

Lately, I've been having a pretty rough time. My partner of a year told me she didn't love me anymore a few weeks ago. I also just recently went off Accutane, and I've been afraid my acne will come back. (I still have lots of red marks.) Exams are about a month away as well.

I've been trying to take it easy, but 3 days ago I was trying to let her know that I still love her and I'm having trouble moving on. I got very emotional and couldn't handle it, later at home I broke down completely. And what do you know? A few hours later I notice 4 new friends come to visit my face. I have no doubt this is because of all the stress I've been under. So I'm really really trying not to stress out anymore and really try and calm down. Do you think my breakout was caused by the stress?

Just a few minutes ago, I ran across an old picture of her while cleaning up, and well I just couldn't take it. I told myself to just breath and calm down, but I could tell it wasn't working. I wanted to cry and scream but I made myself hold it in because I knew I could just breakout again. I love her so much and I feel the exact same, a month after the fact. I just feel like I can't take this, and I'm so terrified I'm going to completely break out like crazy because of it.

I need you guys to help me out here, how can I deal with this? I see her everyday and I've had to leave and go home a few times because I just can't take seeing her, I get too overwhelmed. How can I deal with all the stress? Thanks.

Get a new girlfriend. You can't make somebody love you, but other girls will. :D DO NOT STRESS. Okay, oxymoron, but go buy something like a video game or good movie. And splurge!

I can't just get a new girlfriend, for one I still love her a lot.. she means so much to me as a person and a friend, not just a girlfriend. And there aren't any other girls who like me right now. To be honest I wouldn't date Jessica Alba right now if she showed up at my door wearing nothing but chocolate.

Okay no, that's a lie.

Then call her or something. Make her jealous! DATE SOMEBODY Even if she dumps you, most likely if you ask another girl out and show up at a party with her, she'll get jealous. If she has a boyfriend, if she really doesn't care about you, or even if she does, she will probably be jealous.

Accept the pain. It's fine to cry and be upset about what happened. When you cry, you're releasing those emotions. It's important that you stay busy and do the things that make you happy. What does make you happy?

Getting over a break up is a process. It won't happen overnight. Honestly, I know what it's like to feel like the right person is gone forever. Time is the ultimate healer. It looks bleak today, but in the future that wound will heal.

I was like you dude. When I broke up with my girlfriend, I was absolutely depressed. I loved her so much. I finally moved on. what did I do? I tried my best to make her jealous. Everytime I see her, I hanged out with all my friends. I'm always smiling and laughing, trying to show her that I'm fine without her. hehe, it sounds wrong and it makes me look bad, but dammit, I loved her so much. I tried my best to win her back. I made my self look miserable without her. so, I figured, I'll never win her back so I should just make her jealous and prove to her that I'm fine. I've been doing that for about 3 months. soon afterwards we just became friends.

Glad to hear you're friends now Ezento. And thanks Mortalsinner, I guess I just need time.

Pink_polka234, I don't think your suggestions are that helpful. I don't want to be rude, but people post here with real problems and making light of their situation doesn't help them nor anyone else.

Stress can induce breakouts because of the extra amounts of certain substances being produced and excreted through your skin. I understand that new pimples compounded with your situation can make things seem truly terrible, but time is needed. You can't magically move on from this previous relationship that meant a lot to you overnight. It will be hard, but you can do it. I have faith in people and you are no exception. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. =)

Pink_polka234, I don't think your suggestions are that helpful. I don't want to be rude, but people post here with real problems and making light of their situation doesn't help them nor anyone else.

Stress can induce breakouts because of the extra amounts of certain substances being produced and excreted through your skin. I understand that new pimples compounded with your situation can make things seem truly terrible, but time is needed. You can't magically move on from this previous relationship that meant a lot to you overnight. It will be hard, but you can do it. I have faith in people and you are no exception. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. =)

Sorry. But I do think that making light and trying to stay happy will help you. It's important to stay positive. The sooner somebody can say "I'm tired of being sad, I need to do something" the quicker they will. I don't believe staying depressed will help anybody at all. Act happy, and eventually you'll become less stressed. "fake it til you make it"

I don't think that remaining depressed is good either. I hope I never suggested that in my post. I do feel that you need time to realign yourself, deal with your emotions, and move on. It's a process, and something you need to go through. That is the only way to really find happiness is those types of situations. I truly hope he finds that balance again.

Thanks to both of you, it's just hard you know... when you love someone and they tell you they don't love you anymore. But thanks for your support and suggestions, I truly appreciate it.

Thanks gda_11. Yep, that's love. It can make you happy but once it's gone, it'll hurt you for a while. you know how that song by Leona Lewis goes, "it'll all get better in time."

Hopefully, you'll find a new girl. You deserve to be happy, just like everybody in this site :D