Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Daffodilia

Sugar withdrawal

Sugar is crack. I've got withdrawal symptoms like crazy! Increased body temperature, irritability, cravings, fidgety-ness... argggghhh!

I decided to eliminate it from my diet because of all the research I've read about its inflammatory properties, but this is proving to be more difficult than I thought. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, what helps?

Uh, discipline for me. If I want to accomplish something, I'll do it. Will power, man.

Commitment. It takes lots of commitment to get sugar off your diet. I know that you can do it.

Cold turkey, wow, you're a lot braver than me. :) I've tried this before for about 2 days and I think it causes severe drops in blood sugar levels. I was really tired and irritable... You could try gradually getting off sugar, like only getting your sugar from fruits and fresh fruit juices before totally getting away from it...but I think people need to have a least a little bit of sugar in their diet, just not from candy and coke or anything else that has sugar put in it on purpose.