Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
beckyg

and, here we go.

Ok, so I've technically been on Dan's Regimen since January.

I don't have severe acne, but I have a nervous picking habit.

Anytime I get a zit, I'm a bit OCD about things being under my face...

So I pick at it until I know everything's out. No matter the damage.

The best way for me to control my picking is to eradicate my acne.

The first is what I looked like in January.

And the second is what I looked like a week ago.

In both photographs I'm wearing makeup.

post-92996-1241119452_thumb.jpg

post-92996-1241119620_thumb.jpg

post-92996-1241119452_thumb.jpg

post-92996-1241119620_thumb.jpg

Finals week + Blessings of being a female...

Does not make for clear skin. As if to spite me for my skin a week ago, I currently have six spots on my face. Three are scabs from me picking. Two are deep zits that I'm not dumb enough (at this point in my scarred face) to attempt to pick. I've been icing them to get them to go away. The final spot is a fading zit that was popable, so I gladly did so.

This is the worst my skin has looked in a month. ):

I can, however, chalk it up to -

- Finals & stress.

- Being a female and hormones *coughcough*.

- And carelessness on my part, cause I've been busy.

I also have this incredibly sore thing in the corner of my mouth. I thought it was a zit, and I can usually pop the ones on my lip line. So I did that yesterday and now this thing hates me. I don't think it was a zit, but I'm not sure what it was. I've been putting Neosporin Lip Treatment (also for cold sores) on it, which seems to be helping it. That and Vasoline. The only thing that bugs me is the way it looks... like a zit that needs to be popped a while after I've put the neosporin on it. Makes me twitch to look at it, so I haven't been to the mirror.

I can't wait for this week to be over. My last final is the 6th of May. ):

It's never only a test when you're trying to get into med school.

But I've been studying my butt off for about two weeks, so I'm hoping I do well.

Calculus today. D: If you guys think of it, pray for me. xD

Anyway, today I woke up and my face is about the same. Three bad scabs from picking and three bumps I'm knocking out with bp. The sore thing on my lip is about the same, but it's not worse.

Well, the good news first! I did well on my biology lab final. So much memorization. xD Thanking Jesus for that one, I thought I changed answers I shouldn't have because I overthought myself. I was expecting a low B. Even had a dream about it. xD But I got a 95. :D

My face is recovering. Only one ugly scab, and one bump that will turn ugly if I pick at it anymore. Crossing my fingers for tonight. haha. The bump in the side of my lip is what's killing me now. ugh. It's taking forever to heal. How do you guys get stuff to heal out of the corner of your lips? It keeps splitting.

In other news, I have an infection on the bone behind my ears. So I'm taking antibiotics for that. And I'm also having physical heart complications. ): So I'd appreciate any prayers or words of encouragement there. It's scary when my only heart starts doing funny things.

Anyway, studying for another final and getting food soon. (:

4.0 this semester, :D.

so, that's a relief, and a lot of my stress is gone. i think that stress was the cause of my heart problems, as now that i'm home for summer i seem to have been doing better.

face-wise, i've accidentally dropped the bp. >>' i started packing my car a few days before i actually had to leave college, and i couldn't get at my bp. so it's been about three days since i last applied it. i've been using purpose liquid wash and dan's lotion still. we'll see how it goes; i've been wondering if i could get away with just a gentle wash and then moisturizer, especially since i think most of my acne came from product abuse and stress leading to picking. it would make my summer schedule much less strained if i could have 25 more minutes in the morning. (: especially since i'm going to be at a pool this summer. hopefully i won't regret this. hehe.

latest pictures. (: no makeup.

right side. http://i43.tinypic.com/sfz5zn.jpg

two inflammed spots, because i picked. bad becky.

left side. http://i40.tinypic.com/vfkuhi.jpg

all old scars. they'll fade this summer as i'm out in the sun. that's what usually happens to my face. (:

Ok, so I've technically been on Dan's Regimen since January.

I don't have severe acne, but I have a nervous picking habit.

Anytime I get a zit, I'm a bit OCD about things being under my face...

So I pick at it until I know everything's out. No matter the damage.

The best way for me to control my picking is to eradicate my acne.

The first is what I looked like in January.

And the second is what I looked like a week ago.

In both photographs I'm wearing makeup.

I love your bible verse! :) Your skin looks nice

I love your bible verse! :) Your skin looks nice

thank you. (: i put it there to help me remember through this struggle what is most important.

so, last night i got panicky and started up with the bp again. ^^ i decided trying a new regimen wasn't going to help anything if i was stressed that stopping the bp would hurt me. so i'm back to what's in my signature and comfortable with my regimen again.

back with the bp makes me happy. i have two healing (thanks to j&j advanced healing pads), once inflamed spots on my right cheek and and two or three fading, newly healed scars. my left side is fine. i'm using a bit more bp and a gentler application (because before i was kinda hurried, being a college and late to class. lol) and nothing new has come up at all. (:

i wonder why only my right side has been flaring up lately? i could be because that's the side i talk on the phone with, but i try and put rubbing alcohol on it at least once a week

ugh. i dislike this time of the month.

regardless, i have two really bad spots. one right above my left eyebrow, exactly outside the area my bangs cover. ): and then my other spot is on my (go figure) left cheek. i have a couple other spots which pale in comparison and i don't even notice due to my other two spots. thanks goodness for j&j ahp.

i've been using sunscreen a lot lately. haven't noticed any differing breakouts than what i usually experience during... well, life. i use a neutrogena spf 30 oil free kind. i like it for not breaking out, but it does kinda sting. i have no idea why.

anyway, in a couple days i'll be (hopefully) clear again, which is AWESOME because i'll see my boyfriend soon. :D

we're doing pretty good, except for picking. i have a couple spots but you can't tell because i'm tan. :D i'm in the sun too much for bp. it makes my skin burn, even with 30 spf sunscreen. so i'm just washing with purpose/whatever i have and moisturizing with jojobo and dan's lotion. i'm not as clear as i used to. but i've stopped breaking out really badly like i did when i was at college. i'm back to my previous, normal, years of the same skin i've always had. which is a good deal in my opinion.

also, i'm trying to stop biting my nails. i'm hoping i can use that discipline to stop picking.