Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
boyo

Nosebleeds on Tane

ive been on 40mg for 2.5months now, and i only yesterday i started getting nosebleeds. I had 2 yesterday and one today...(ive never ever had nosebleeds before)

is there anything i can do to prevent these nosebleeds?.. some say put vaseline up your nose..has this worked for anyone?

thanks

Vaseline up your nose? eww. I have a netty pot (did I spell that right) which seems to help a little. I started getting them after being on Accutant one week....usually when I sneeze I have to deal with it.

I use the netty pot because I am prone to sinus infections anyhow. But I just deal with them.

Hopefully someone will have advice because I would love to hear it :)

I know it sounds gross but it's really the only thing I've found that works - I put some vaseline or aquaphor up my nose morning and right before bed and sometimes mid day if I find that my nose is feeling dry. A humidifier would def. help too if you have one. Other then that drinking lots and lots of water. Good luck, hope I helped :)

ok thanks v much..and can someone please explain the reason for the bleeding, is it due to the nose being really dry/crusted inside? because if it is, then it makes sense to put vaseline up there..(even if it is gross! :P)

yeah ive used the vaseline petroleum jelly w/ vitamin E.. same thing as everyone else says.. morning and night and drink a lot of water and youll be fine.. granted nosebleeds still come but they are minimal. dont pick either..for the slightest reason.. that will DEFINITELY create nosebleeds.

It seems like my allergy medication just isn't working on Accutane so my nose is always running --it doesn't feel dry at all. The bleeding is coming from way up there too...I think it is anyhow. So I can't see getting vaseline that far up! But it is worth a try!