Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pan760

how long should it take ACV to work

i started 2 nights ago.

at first i did probably a 40/60 mix and dabbed with a cotton ball.

last night i just did 100% ACV. so far no difference.

How long does it usually take to see even a slight lightening?

Give it another week and if there's no change, ACV may not be right for you. But also keep in mind ACV seems to be good at preventing acne for some people. It's totally up to you of course. Also, try 50/50 mix from now on. 100% ACV can burn your skin. Good luck!

Sometimes it can take up to six weeks to see any effects when using a new treatment. Persevere and be patient. They won't clear up over night. :)

True, won't clear overnight. But I noticed it like the day after. I assume since it's an acid, it works like any other...salycilic, lemon juice, AHA, etc. It's cheap and readily available..smells too :(. I'd give it a week. You might want to take a before and after to see. Hard to be objective sometimes.

In addition to applying it on face as toner, I ingest a teaspoon or two once a day. Supposedly, it helps detox.

Generally you'll want to give any method at a minimum 2 weeks before noticeable results happen. Take before and after shots just to compare.

It took me only a few days to see a slight but noticable difference in my red marks after applying ACV. I'm not even close to being clear, but I can see progress, day by day.

And I've tried prescription medicine after prescription medicine to clear these marks... ACV is working better than these by far..

nothing works overnight

i have been using it for 8 weeks now, mind you i had moderate acne with cysts and nodules. and i have many redmarks over the past year.

i have noticed a slight fading after about 5 weeks. but no significant difference. i will continue to use it.

also, i use a 8:3 mixture of ACV and water