Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sarvar

more scarring after subcision ?

subcision was performed by last Friday along with tca-cross .

doctor did the procedure for 2-3 rolling scars .

I did hear the scar breaking sound quite clearly .

But immediately after procedure one area turned blue/black and raised .

I am 5 days post procedure and all other treated areas have healed properly apart from one

area .

This still looks like severe bruise and is kind of dark blue in color .

Is this normal or have the doctor caused more scarring ?

..anything is possible...doctors are not god..you know..., but you should wait until it heals completely..maybe it heals good..

and the best thing is to call the doctor and ask him a question...he might has an answer for you...

hope it will heal well.. :)

subcision was performed by last Friday along with tca-cross .

doctor did the procedure for 2-3 rolling scars .

I did hear the scar breaking sound quite clearly .

But immediately after procedure one area turned blue/black and raised .

I am 5 days post procedure and all other treated areas have healed properly apart from one

area .

This still looks like severe bruise and is kind of dark blue in color .

Is this normal or have the doctor caused more scarring ?

What you are experiencing is quite normal if you just had subcision.

I had it done on March 16, 2009 and also had some dark blue/black spots followed by a yellowing of my skin that lasted for about four days or so.

If you heard a "popping" or "snapping" sound, the doctor was doing his/her job properly.

By week three, the swelling and bruising should subside and collagen remodeling should be underway.

I had subcision with Dr.Chu in london just over 2 weeks ago and with one of my scars there is a large hard lump left.Has anybody else had this problem after subcision and will it resolve itself over time?

I had subcision with Dr.Chu in london just over 2 weeks ago and with one of my scars there is a large hard lump left.Has anybody else had this problem after subcision and will it resolve itself over time?

I had subcision done on large rolling scars on both my right and left cheeks.

The scars on my right cheek were very deep and large. The subcision created swelling and a large lump that lasted for about 2.5 weeks and then it began to fade away and the scars began to re-appear. However, since that time, the scars have flattened out somewhat and the lump went away.

I would encourage you to use EMU oil on your face as this is supposed to help with swelling. If the lump is still there after six weeks, you may have a subcutaneous nodule which can be treated by your doctor with a steroid injection.

Do you have any before and after photos can you can post later on?

blue lumps and other hard lumps are perfectly normal after subcision. I personally think that the more trauma the better for collagen induction. cos don't forget that scars have a tendency to re-attach to where they broke off from within the months following the procedure. the more collagen induction u get in this time period, the better the result.

I did subcision once and I can only say ...

Thank God for the Dark/blue ones!!!

Those are the ones that have the most improvements from subcision.

Although they take the longest to heal :P ... well I am sure you dont mind that if the improvement is good.

i actually have had it done twice. the second time, i had it followed with filler and one of the spots has remained raised for more than 8 months. not cool. but i haven't read about this happening with others yet so i am sure you'll be fine.

I am at 3 weeks from treatment and significant swelling,bruising is still there . I am hoping

swelling will go down with time.