Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I started using fresh squeezed lemon juice on my face every night back in November, so its been about 6 months now. It is by far the most amazing acne treatment I have ever found, and I have really tried everything besides Accutane. Lemon juice took my acne from cystic and moderate-severe to very very mild within a week or so, and the results stayed pretty consistent...until now.

All the sudden I'm breaking out again. The only thing that has changed that I think could be contributing is that I've been sweating alot lately. It's been warmer and very humid where I live, so its been very hot at work for a couple weeks now because they have yet to turn the AC on, and I've also started working out recently, so obviously I sweat while doing that. But I don't wear any makeup besides mascara, and I make sure to wash my face as soon as I get home from work or the gym.

I can't imagine that bacteria would become resistant to lemon juice...I mean, its like pure acid.

If anyone else has used lemon juice for a long period of time, what are/were your results? Did it keep working, or lose effectiveness? I really hope this breakout is just a fluke and the lemon juice keeps working because its really the ONLY thing that works for me...

Also, any tips on how to not break out when you're sweating alot?!

Thanks.

Wash the sweat off your face with water as soon as u finish your work out, don't wait till ya get home. Also keep some tissues with you during the day to blot excess sweat off your skin. I don't really have any experience with lemon juice.

I doubt it's the lemon juice--I use it as well, and swear by it for my acne (and it keeps my face nice and pale, which is a plus! :P). I'd say try and keep the sweat off of your face by using a clean towel or rinsing it off your face when you're able. The humid weather might also be contributing to excess oil; it happens where I live, too, but maybe not.

Your hair might also be sticking to your face because of the sweat. Just make sure to keep everything off of it and keep it dry. Hopefully that will work for you!

it makes you pale? really? huh. i have been looking pale lately, i guess thats why! whatever, i'll take pale over red and inflamed any day.

but yeah i've pretty much been doing those things already...been keeping my hair up and pinned out of my face when i work out...wiping my face off alot throughout the day...so idk...thanks though...

i guess i have to choose between being fat or having acne lol.

Do u use the lemon juice only to wash your face? or do you dilute it with water? So when you sweat, do you smell like lemonade? lol

retrolicious: yes lemon juice helped immensely, and much faster than anything else. it also stopped them from coming back for a few months here, now they're starting to pop back up, and i'm not sure if its from the lemon juice losing its effectiveness or from sweating & humidity.

johndear: i wash my face with johnson&johnson head to toe baby wash and then sqeeze lemon juice onto a cotton ball, no water, and wipe it on my face like a toner, and just leave it on over night. and no, i don't smell like lemons when i sweat haha.

I'm betting it's the weather. It warmed up here (MN) and I broke out. Really pissed me off, lol.

Hey I had the same experience u did I had bad cystic pimples on my chin and starting cutting out topical cleansers and stuck with drinking lemon juice and applying it topically and indeed my pimples went from cystic to moderate whiteheads here and there but now I have a few in the same spot my thing is I have been cheating a little going crazy with sweets so now Im back to drinking it every day and puttting olive oil at night maybe you revaluate your diet there is prob an imbalance there sugar def. makes me breakout.

I just read on another site that lemon juice actually has a bleaching effect on the skin and that you aren't supposed to go out into the sun immediately after use as it can actually cause "white" spots on your face. Has anyone tried sea salt and lemon juice? I think I might be trying that tonight.