Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Survivor540

NO NO NO! Not the school pool!

I'm really frustrated because I found out we have swimming next meek in PE and my skin has been acting up lately. I really don't want to swim and have the chlorine turn my face red and wash off my makeup (that sounds very vain of me, but I'm really self-conscious about it just like how we all seem to be). Any suggestions, stories, advice for PE swimming hell next week?

Not sure what chlorine does to acne. But you could always wear waterproof makeup.

Also, remember all the other girls are going to have to go through what you are going through. Not wearing makeup, that is.

Keep your head up! You can get through this! I had to go to school with my face Beet red!! :redface:

Other people in other classes have tried that, but my teacher is ridiculously strict and won't take doctors notes about the chlorine. He says he will only believe it if somebody gets a rash after class, then it's ok for them to stop swimming. Lame

I'm really frustrated because I found out we have swimming next meek in PE and my skin has been acting up lately. I really don't want to swim and have the chlorine turn my face red and wash off my makeup (that sounds very vain of me, but I'm really self-conscious about it just like how we all seem to be). Any suggestions, stories, advice for PE swimming hell next week?

p.e. swimming is the worst. i hope they won't make you swim when it's raining .. like my teacher did.

my skin was really broken out during that unit, so i would only put my head under water when i was being tested for "swimming skills". my teacher did that at the end of class, so i would only have to be bare faced for a couple of minutes.

there's this makeup on laminerals.com that claims to be waterproof. i've never tried it, but they give cheap samples & free shipping on your first order.

sophomore year i ended up taking dance, so no more shivering in the rain as i ran to the locker room. gosh i really hated high school.

I agree with Butch - skip it. But have a heart to heart with your Mom and tell her you can't bear to go through it. She can get you out of it, and then you can skip it - excused. I hated swimming too. One time (after swimming), a guy told me I didn't even look like the same person. yeah thanks.

Swimming is fun and good exercise. My PE class was great; I even beat the instructor. (didn't hurt that I swam competitively... :lol: )

Forget about your skin, your face. Get in the water. Other people are stressing about the tiny little jiggle on their butts or thighs, some are stressing about not wearing makeup for the first time ever in front of anyone (OMG!), some are stressing about showing off the size of the package. Everyone's just as nervous as you. Don't worry, just get out there and face your fear.

If you keep letting small things (and yes, this is a small thing) bother you to the point that you can't/won't face them, you will not be able to face the bigger things in your life. Consider this a small step in your maturation process. Face down (so to speak) anyone who's nasty to you with your chin and nose proudly stuck up in the air (but not while in the water as you might get water in the nose).

Swimming is almost the perfect exercise! It buoys up the body and protects the joints, exercises ALL muscles nicely depending on which stroke you're doing, and sculpts and tones a truly gorgeous figure.

I know how you feel, I used to love swimming but I haven't been able to face a public pool in years. In secondary school I remember quite a few girls used to have their 'time of the month' whenever swimming was due for PE, and it used to last for several weeks as well!

Can't really offer any advice, just wanted you to know ther are others out there who understand.

Other people in other classes have tried that, but my teacher is ridiculously strict and won't take doctors notes about the chlorine. He says he will only believe it if somebody gets a rash after class, then it's ok for them to stop swimming. Lame

Oh Oh right after class give yourself a rash with something else :D Like rub Poison Ivy on your arm or leg :D IDK

I agree with Butch - skip it. But have a heart to heart with your Mom and tell her you can't bear to go through it. She can get you out of it, and then you can skip it - excused. I hated swimming too. One time (after swimming), a guy told me I didn't even look like the same person. yeah thanks.

:comfort: he was a A**hole

your highschools have pools? jealousssss

Yeah really, mine didn't have a pool either, we never swam, but I'm glad!

me too :shifty:

Or you can get the "swine flu virus" ;);););) for that whole week

oh gosh im glad my school never had a pool. im going to second CAKES ^_^ on the swine flu virus excuse lol!

:hifive: