Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
belladonna1234

acne worse than ever after apple fast

Ok, I've been doing an apple fast and now my face is all messed up :(

I feel very depressed, it's not been this bad in a while now.

Then i used some olive oil because my face looked really dry, but it made my acne look worse too.

http://img10.imageshack.us/my.php?image=photo1649.jpg

:(

I feel so confused now. I had faith in acne being caused mainly by diet, but it seems maybe not now, I have been trying to be so healthy recently, used natural products, now i feel i may as well shove on bp even though i know it's bad for the skin, at least i could be clear.

:boohoo:

There's nothing 'natural' about three days of eating apples, shoving enemas up your butt.

I'd suggest reading the pinned posts at the top of this forum and discovering for yourself which foods might work well for you. It's NOT going to be the same for everyone, just like any topical is not going to work for all.

You can get clear. You may have to add in topicals, you may not. But you CAN get clear. :) I do suggest the apple cider vinegar method for toning after cleansing. Make sure you're diluting the ACV though! Read one or two of the many posts about ACV. ACV is nicely acidic and it helps the skin (at least it does mine). :)

Awww I'm sorry you went through that!! I actually tried the olive oil extra virgin at that myself once, on one of my cheeks with aloe vera and that mother did not agree with me either. I took a week to just clear it up and hear later I had to get the cold compressed one, either way i'm done with it. I've never heard of an apple fast but it doesn't sound to good for you due to all of the sugar involved.

If BP works use it, when you are all cleared up try and slowly incorporate things into your regime if you still want to. I personally do one cheek but use the same thing on the rest of my face as normal just in case I have a bad reaction. Then move up to my chin an so on.

I wish you luck, you'll clear up quickly!

It is related to diet. There are many factors that lead to acne and almost all of them are affected by diet. But you need to follow a good diet.

Heh, surprised you fell for their trickery. If it truly worked, people in masses would start trying just through word of mouth. Well, at least you've learned from this awful experience and won't succumb to future B.S.