Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey all...I've been on accutane for about 47 days(not straight thru)...my first pill was on 2/25 and was on it for a month @ 20mg a day and then my dermotologist screwed up my prescription and didnt fax it over in the 7 day ipledge window which was AWESOME :naughty: ...So I had to go 19 days without any pills until I could take another blood test and for my lockout period to end on ipledge...sooo needless to say it was a stressful few weeks which did not help my skin at all...

I just started my second month @ 40 mg daily on 4/6 so I'm a little over 2 weeks in...deff noticing ALOT more dryness/tightness on my face not so much the chapped lips but I still use aquaphor like crazy to try and beat those damn chapped lips haha...

Hope everyone's doing well!!!

Stina*

U give me hope! :0

U have such good improvements! Ur face is really looking good. Congrats, very happy for u . :)

U give me hope! :0

U have such good improvements! Ur face is really looking good. Congrats, very happy for u . :)

Thanks Hun :D !! it's funny cause i'll look in the mirror and be like UGGH my face looks like sh*t then i'll look back at these pics and wonder how i dealt with that only a month ago..it's a bumpyyy road but totally worth it..you will start seeing big improvements soon i've been reading your log, you're so cute and soon we will both have flawless skin!!!! good luckkk!!!

wow ... i agree your improvements are awwwsomeee! you should be sooooooo happy. i am so happy for you and your skin clearing up so well and fast! .... may get better by the day... :) goodluck

Thank you homegirl!! the positive feedback helps ALOT!!! you guys are the best!!

Day 49...

Good Morning...

So I woke up this morning with a massive headache and a big red whitehead hindu spot RIGHT inbetween my eyebrows..i HATEE those they are impossible to hide lol && a cluster of new ones underneath the left side of my chin which really hurt right now but atleast those arent staring you in the face like my THIRD eye...UUGGHH!!! So i took a hot washcloth and held it on it for a few minutes and then stuck a pin in it and drained it justttt like acne.org told me too :angel: lol usually i would just ATTACK it...so hopefully it wont swell up too much or re-form a whitehead(mine do that sometimes after i pop they just re-form a whitehead like it's fighting back HA!!)

But what i really need to do is STOP popping all together which is SO hard for me, i know it only makes it worse and bla bla blaaaa but when i go to work i feel like thats all people look at. I'm a sales rep for Verizon Wireless so my whole day is talking to different people constantlyyy and it's hard to sell with no confidence...sometimes customers will walk up soooo close to me and i will automatically back away, i hate people being that close too my face seeing every little imperfection. i also hate when people like scan your face right when they look at you, could you atleast wait until i'm not paying attention..EERR..okay enough venting for now lol..

Hope everyone has a good day!!!

This was yesterday before I went to work..you can actually see my third eye gearing up for it's big debut lol

ps..i miss bein able to go tanning

post-91759-1240578697_thumb.jpg

post-91759-1240578697_thumb.jpg

Hey your skin is looking fantastic!! I've lost count what day I'm on but I think I'm roughly the same stage as you..around 45-50days in but not been put up to 40mg yet. Your progress is so great. It really does help having pictures to look back on as like you, I still look in the mirror and go...urgh! But when I look back at photo's from Jan/Feb time its a big difference. Keep at it hun. All the best xxx

Thanks Angelina, yea it's deff good to see how we are changing..it helps on the days when you feel like crap you can look back and KNOW it's working and things will be better in a few more months!!! good luck on your course!!!

DAY 52

So not too much to talk about...I keep getting pimples on my cheeks and forehead which drives me nuts..but I actually went out on Friday night after work and had a few drinks with my co-workers (which is big for me lol, I'm usually counting down the hours till I get to go home and wash my face) saturday was a different story.. during the course of the day 2 big zits formed on my forehead and 2 more big ones on my cheeks :wall: , I made plans to go out because I had been feelin' pretty good all last week but I must have jinxed myself, so I just stayed home...o well

I have a derm appoitment tomorrow @ 1:30, gunna find out what MG I will be bumped up too next and also try and get some advice on a good sunscreen, I lovee being in the sun and it's gunna be in the 80's tomorrow and I need some color lol so maybe if I just lay out a little bit at a time like 1/2 hour increments and see how I react to that...but I will be careful I dont wanna fry in the sun...

A little update on my side effects..I have really dry ears, like on both earlobes and going up the skinny part of my right ear...thought that was pretty wierd...also really dry patches on my forearms almost looks a little bit like a rash...nothing really more than that, my face feels more tight than like the flaky dryness I was having before and lips have been fine but I'm knocking on wood...

-Stina ;)

lol Thanks Jadedpoet .. yes i love marilyn she's so classic .. i got that picture for so cheap, her whole face is made up by all her quotes it's really cool...

Day 53

Had my derm appoitment today @ 1:30 he decided to keep me at 40mg for the next month which I was kinda bummed about, all because I told him how sometimes my eyes get dry and burn a little so he wants me to go see an eye doctor and THEN as long as everything is fine with my eyes then he will up my MG's in my 4th month...Now I wish I hadn't said anything at all because my side effects have been so minimal I feel like 40mg's is too low..I dunno I've heard the higher the dose the shorter the treatment and better results, but I guess there is nothing I can do for now so I should probably just get over it...I just want it to be over with so I can be confident again...Now I'm just discouraged cause there is no way I will be done by July/August..I guess thats it for today no real changes still broken out on my forehead and cheeks...Was only out in the sun for like 1/2 hour 45 min. today and got a lil burnt so probably wont be trying that again

Hope all your days were better than mine...

<3Stina

Day 57...

So I dont know if anyone else has this problem but I tend to peel my skin when it's dry and flakey and lately there have been some spots on my cheeks and corners of my mouth that get big flakes of dry skin and when I peel them it leaves my skin really raw and red and sometimes will bleed and the spots are SO hard to cover up with makeup (any suggestions are more than welcome for makeup advice) so obviously I need to stop peeling and just touching my face in general it has deffinetly become a very bad habit...anywaysss...

I went out last night with a bunchhhh of people from work and I was really nervous about going out because I'm still not confident with the way my skin looks at all...But I pushed myself and was happy I did until one of my friends was like "steen you have somthing on your forehead" and tried to wipe it off .. and guess what there wasnt anything on my forehead EXCEPT a pimple that was healing and was pretty dark colored from like dried blood underneath the skin I guess, she felt so bad for saying somthing and I know she was just trying to help but WTF ya know?!?...SOO that was **AWESOME** and from then on I just wanted to go home and hideee...I probably won't be going out again any time soon..whatever...

Nothing has really changed with my skin, I do have really dry arms and ears still..the red marks are really aggrivating me I want like instant gratification and it's just not gunna happen, I just really hope they fade away ... my cheeks are still pretty bad pores are still big which I HATE..Just havn't been feelin so good this last week in general hopefully next week will be better...Buttt today I was watching MTV's "True Life" and they had an episode called "I Have Acne" one girl was taking accutane I actually really liked watching it...Well I guess thats it..Hope everyone had a good week!!

Stina

Here's the site for the "True Life" episode

http://www.mtv.com/ontv/dyn/truelife/episo...pisodeId=142998

Yea I was watching that these evening as well. That one girl who wouldn't go on it because of her brother almost made me cry :(. She should have went on it! The girl that did was nearly completely clear and she had like a month left on her treatment.

I am a week or so behind you so I know what your going through. I had flaky skin the first few weeks, but I just learned to moisturize a shitloaddddd and it doesn't do that anymore. Also, my favorite sunscreen is Neutrogena Healthy Defense SPF 45, if you haven't found something already.

I know what you mean about the embarrassment thing, I was experimenting with different moisturizers and I was sweating and my face started dripping white. I had to wash it off and I didn't have any other moisturizer with me, I had to spend the entire day w/o moisturizer on my face and I felt like leatherface the wholeee day. I wanted to hang myself.

Hang in there!

P.S. Don't use Eucerin Moisturizer + SPF 30 something, it sucks!

Yea I was watching that these evening as well. That one girl who wouldn't go on it because of her brother almost made me cry :(. She should have went on it! The girl that did was nearly completely clear and she had like a month left on her treatment.

I am a week or so behind you so I know what your going through. I had flaky skin the first few weeks, but I just learned to moisturize a shitloaddddd and it doesn't do that anymore. Also, my favorite sunscreen is Neutrogena Healthy Defense SPF 45, if you haven't found something already.

Hang in there!

Thanks gLx ... Seriously I felt so bad for that girl, if she went on it she would be completely clear..it was funny to actually see people going through the same exact thing I do, even thought you know you arent the ONLY person with acne lol sometimes it feels that way when everyone around you is clear..and I will deff get that sunscreen I've been trying to find a good one...but thank you so much for the support...and good luck to you as well!!!

wow! that is amazing! there is hope haha keep up the clearness!

i have been on tane for almost 2 months now, still getting cysts, and my worst cyst has been with me since jan ;) and showing no signs of wanting to leave! lol

Hey ettat813! Thanks for the reply before. We're pretty much on the same day...I think its day 59 for me today and my ears are peeling too...its very odd! Like little patches further up my earlobes. I'll have to make sure I moisturise them from now on! And I'm the same with the dry patches. I've got one just underneath my bottom lip which isn't exactly pretty. My appointment isn't until the 18th I think so hopefuly my doseage will get put up to 40mg...still only on 20 at the mo but getting there! Keep smiling hun x

wow! that is amazing! there is hope haha keep up the clearness!

i have been on tane for almost 2 months now, still getting cysts, and my worst cyst has been with me since jan ;) and showing no signs of wanting to leave! lol

Thanks so much!!! lol yea those damn cysts they are FIGHTERS lol well good luck hun!!!

Hey ettat813! Thanks for the reply before. We're pretty much on the same day...I think its day 59 for me today and my ears are peeling too...its very odd! Like little patches further up my earlobes. I'll have to make sure I moisturise them from now on! And I'm the same with the dry patches. I've got one just underneath my bottom lip which isn't exactly pretty. My appointment isn't until the 18th I think so hopefuly my doseage will get put up to 40mg...still only on 20 at the mo but getting there! Keep smiling hun x

haha yea it deff is wierd and i've been putting lotion all over my ears lol...I hope you get bumped up hun!!! and thanks for the support...let me know how it goes!!!

Thanks AceGuy :)

Day 59

Sorry I missed yesterday I had ALOT goin on..my sister got staples in her head because some psycho girl hit her with a flask(my sister is only 14)...so it was very dramatic, but she's okay thank god!!! After that drama was squared away, I actually went out to dinner and a movie with my mannn...we went to PF Changs (which was delicious) and saw Obsessed which was pretty good, he's so happy I've been more outgoing.. he hates that I hibernate because he knows how I was before this lovely acne came and he hates too see me sad or suffer..so after a terrible day I had a really good night...

My skin is still really tight, and dry patches around my mouth and chin I can barely open my mouth to eat a freakin' sandwich..I can feel 2 big ones comming in on my right cheek bone and under my chin EERRR I hateeeee when you can feel them comming it's soooo depressing especially when I've been feeling alot better the last day or 2 and then NOPE more come and invade my skin...other than that nothing new just hopin the 2 forming won't be SOOOO bad so wish me luck :) lol

xo Stina

Day 62

FINALLY past the 2 month mark and very excited to see how the 3rd month goes...I'm hoping for alot more improvement and REALLY hoping that I get bumped up for the 4th month..there hasn't been much going on I've gotten about 5 new pimples that HURT like hell ya know the deep under the skin red ones that can't be popped EERRR I'm so sickkkk of pimples...lol and I'm sure we all are....I'm getting a lil red kinda looks like a sunburn on my cheeks and my pores are still big on my cheeks and forehead...Had the day off but didn't do much jus cleaned up my apartment.. wanted to give my skin a rest because I've worked 5 days straight and had makeup on for like 10 hours each day...So I'm not sure if this is wierd but for the last 4 months I've only been washing my face with spring water I feel like the water at my apt. is too harsh for my skin..when I take a shower I avoid the water touching my face as much as I can..I honestly don't know if it even makes a difference but I can't go back to using regular tap water lol I think I might be slightly nuts haha just thought I'd share my wierd lil thing acne has made me do...

Well thats it for now...

xo

Stina

post-91759-1241742020_thumb.jpg

This was 2 days ago @ work...it shows u 4 of my new pimples, the dry lips, and the lovely pores on my cheeks YUCK :cry: i just really hope my skin looks pretty after all this...

post-91759-1241742020_thumb.jpg

Day 62

Right Side: I HATE this side..all i have to say is YUCK!!

post-91759-1241744810_thumb.jpg

Left Side: my cheeks are just the worst...hate them..but you can see the dozen roses my babe got me in the backround..<3 him

post-91759-1241744803_thumb.jpg

Forehead: clearing up pretty nice..but lots of leftover reminders, i hope those go away

post-91759-1241744818_thumb.jpg

post-91759-1241744803_thumb.jpg

post-91759-1241744810_thumb.jpg

post-91759-1241744818_thumb.jpg