Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Inchun

Red/Hot Face. Dark and oily complexion. Tips?

I've had a dark, red and oily complexion for about 3 years now. For some reason, my face is the only part of my skin that has this. My body is literally bright while my face is just dark, red and oily. I used to have many pimples but they went away after I started taking vitamin supplements. I still have a few but it's nothing compared to before. Also, my face feels REALLY hot sometimes. Like my whole face is just burning including my ears which is supposed to be cold. It seems that facetends to get irritated very easily making it red/dark. I barely go out due to this reason but it hasn't really been much of a help.

I am asian and my mother has really bright, non-oily skin. My father apparently has the same skin type but I'm not really sure since I don't see him that often. Mostly likely it's genectic which I'm really hoping for it not to be. Funny thing is though, I used to have really bright skin when I was younger which makes me believe that cigarretes are the root of this problem. I began smoking when I was 16 which was almost 3 years ago. I'm 19 now. Not too long ago, I've quit smoking which seems to help but then again, I look at my face every day so I probably can't tell the difference.

I used to use many cleansers, toners, and lotions but I've gave up on those. Now I use none, just wash with water and just leave it alone. I would occasionally wipe the oil off my face (every 2 hours since it gets really oily by that time) but other than that, nothing. I drink almost a gallon of water a day, I drink green tea and eat an apple every morning, occasionally I'll order pizza which hasn't really made me break out or anything. Other than pizza, I avoid all types of fast food such as: Wendys, McDonalds, etc.

I'm sorry, that was alot reading I know, but if anyone is kind enough to give me some ways to make my face brighter and less oily, I would be very thankful.

Hi, I have similar problem with my face. Since last year, I started washing my face with salt water (salt+water) and applying makeup powder helps a lot.

For nights: apply salt water on your face and let it dry, and go to bed with a salty face!

For days: apply salt water again, let it dry, and remove excess salt (don't wash it, just with a cloth), apply small amount of a face moisturizer and use makeup powder on it to protect your skin. During the day, apply makeup powder on your skin every two hours to absorb excess oil. I used this method and it really helped.

Good Luck

I've had a dark, red and oily complexion for about 3 years now. For some reason, my face is the only part of my skin that has this. My body is literally bright while my face is just dark, red and oily. I used to have many pimples but they went away after I started taking vitamin supplements. I still have a few but it's nothing compared to before. Also, my face feels REALLY hot sometimes. Like my whole face is just burning including my ears which is supposed to be cold. It seems that facetends to get irritated very easily making it red/dark. I barely go out due to this reason but it hasn't really been much of a help.

I am asian and my mother has really bright, non-oily skin. My father apparently has the same skin type but I'm not really sure since I don't see him that often. Mostly likely it's genectic which I'm really hoping for it not to be. Funny thing is though, I used to have really bright skin when I was younger which makes me believe that cigarretes are the root of this problem. I began smoking when I was 16 which was almost 3 years ago. I'm 19 now. Not too long ago, I've quit smoking which seems to help but then again, I look at my face every day so I probably can't tell the difference.

I used to use many cleansers, toners, and lotions but I've gave up on those. Now I use none, just wash with water and just leave it alone. I would occasionally wipe the oil off my face (every 2 hours since it gets really oily by that time) but other than that, nothing. I drink almost a gallon of water a day, I drink green tea and eat an apple every morning, occasionally I'll order pizza which hasn't really made me break out or anything. Other than pizza, I avoid all types of fast food such as: Wendys, McDonalds, etc.

I'm sorry, that was alot reading I know, but if anyone is kind enough to give me some ways to make my face brighter and less oily, I would be very thankful.