Benzoyl Peroxide su...

Notifications
Clear all

Benzoyl Peroxide sucks

MemberMember
(@shadow-yoshi)

Posted : 04/20/2009 6:20 pm

Seriously, it's a horrible product. All it's done is make my acne worse. I checked a picture of myself before starting BP, and my face has only gotten worse in the 2 and a half months using BP. There were a few days where it looked better but that's it. Let me tell you all the nasty side effects that I got from Benzoyl Peroxide.

- Sunburn problems, I used to never get sunburnt before BP, and now I can't even go out for 30 minutes without getting a bad sunburn

- Bad headaches. Going out in the sun for even just a little bit gives me a massive headache now. And I get headaches A LOT more often that before using BP.

- Worse acne. My acne was very mild before using BP. A week after starting it looked about moderate, then went down to mild (but still worse than pre-BP), and now it's starting to become moderate again.

- Time consuming. I spent lots of time carefully applying BP so I would put the right amount on. All that time was wasted.

- Red marks. You know what? I NEVER EVER got red marks before BP. After more than 2 months of using it, I'm now stuck with red marks from acne that first appearing right after starting BP. I've probably got around 20-30 noticeable red marks on my face that have not faded at all in at least a month, and probably never will.

- Scarring. BP is giving me scars, how lovely.

- Wrinkles. I got a lovely, big line across my forehead now that wasn't there before BP use.

adamrodrigue or whatever was right all along, BP really is horrible. And I've realized now that the whole regimen is just a money making scam that I fell for, and now I'm paying the price. Sucks, doesn't it? You don't want all this crap happening to you, right? Then don't use BP or start the regimen. EVER.

MemberMember
(@cest-la-vigne)

Posted : 04/20/2009 6:27 pm

I'm sorry to hear that The Regimen didn't work out for you, but that doesn't mean it's a scam. It's worked for lots of people, myself included.

MemberMember
(@davis507)

Posted : 04/20/2009 6:44 pm

I read through some of your other posts. Have you ever been checked for Rosacea? I have acne and mild rosacea and if I do not treat both the BP gives me the same problems you have as well. With BP it seems everything gets worse before better. It takes at least a good month or two to see some results. That line on your forehead is from dryness, it is temporary and the right moisturizer will make it go away. I think I see alot of people complaining about it. For the most part the BP helps the acne, I was not happy with it either for a long time but found out in a quick hurry when I stopped using it I ended up with big acne cysts all over my forehead. Maybe some kind of TCA would be a better option for you, since you do not like the BP. It kills acne bacteria too.....Some people just cannot tolerate BP, I never associated my headaches out in the sun with BP but it may be possible. It is still not enough for me to stop using it though. Sorry it is not working out for you.

MemberMember
(@cash-money)

Posted : 04/21/2009 1:06 am

well BP made my skin really dry and flaky, but thats about it.. although it helped my acne abit, i am seeing the same results now that i just use a simple cleanser+moisturizer

MemberMember
(@andrewstoppable)

Posted : 04/21/2009 1:12 am

bp got rid of my inflamed acne in 2 months. i still have black heads and clogged pores but nothing noticeable to other people. it did make my red marks worse when i was using 2 pumps twice a day, but it stopped me from getting cysts and huge whiteheads that created more marks constantly. now im using bp in the morning and only half a pump, and acv+olive oil to combat the red marks. it was definately worth using for me and is not a scam.

MemberMember
(@alfoxo)

Posted : 04/21/2009 8:57 pm

^^^I agree with this guy, the regimen has cleared up my acne (I had 95% inflamed acne) and it is not a scam. I did notice that the BP makes my red marks last longer, however. I started using EVOO on the red marks and it works really well. So all-in-all, I am very pleased to have gone on this regimen. I am down to using 1 pump twice daily.

MemberMember
(@chemicalcakes)

Posted : 04/21/2009 9:37 pm

Personally, this regimen has worked like a dream for me.. and for some reason my red marks are fading faster than they were before I started the regimen. Doesn't seem like a scam to me ;)

MemberMember
(@realme2008)

Posted : 04/22/2009 5:08 pm

The regimen is definitely not a scam. It may not have worked for you, but that definitely does not mean that it doesn't effectively treat acne and that it doesn't work for many others. I've tried countless different products in my 20-year-life existence, and the only thing that has really worked for me is B.P. I've been religiously using it for four years now, and it works great and has never stopped working. You do realize that B.P. does create sun sensitivity (clearly indicated on all B.P. containing product packaging), and it tells you to avoid prolonged sun exposure and to apply skin moisturizer and spf? As far as B.P. causing headaches I have never even heard of this.

MemberMember
(@utahjazzfan)

Posted : 04/22/2009 5:18 pm

It basically just comes down to everyone is different. There is no one product that I'm aware of that will work for everyone. I don't use BP but I use all the other products and like everyone of those. If you've ever read reviews on other product's on this site, some people hate stuff that has worked for me while they praise another product I absouletly hate.

MemberMember
(@minty-peas)

Posted : 04/22/2009 5:44 pm

I was on Dan's regimen for a couple of years before I got on birth control. It cleared up my acne completely, and I only got one or two inflamed pimples around menstruation time. I only wished I'd known about it sooner because, for me, it was a miracle worker.

Please don't try to tell everyone never to use a certain product just because it didn't happen to work for you personally. It has worked very well for many others, including me. If I had listened to you back then, I never would have found my relief. The Regimen is definitely not a scam.

MemberMember
(@littlesister)

Posted : 03/11/2013 11:00 pm

I have been using BP and each and every time I do, I get pretty bad headaches. So while I love the fact that yes it works, I have to wonder what's in it that causes my headaches.

It's not a scam, that's going to far. We have acne...bacteria on our face and our faces react to it. BP is the only chemical that works to kill it, just not crazy about the side effects.

I thought I was the only one, and am comforted to see that it wasn't all in my head.

Good luck to us and Thank Dan for giving such open and honest information and products!

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 03/12/2013 1:19 pm

Seriously, it's a horrible product. All it's done is make my acne worse. I checked a picture of myself before starting BP, and my face has only gotten worse in the 2 and a half months using BP.

Um, 2 and a half months? It clearly says on the front of this website (and the regimen instructions) that you have to do the regimen perfectly for 3-4 months before you can expect to see results. I feel you on the number of scams out there, but you can't claim something is a scam (or even that it didn't work for you) when you didn't even follow the instructions properly. Dan warns that there can be a lot of redness and dryness, sun sensitivity and even a worsening of acne in the beginning.