Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AcnePwns

Fraxel Restore - Should I do it?

I have a coupon to have a first Fraxel Restore treatment done for $300. I have the money. I know it takes several treatments to see significant results but I guess I don't have much to lose if I don't choose to have any further treatments. There are dark sun spots that I would like to get rid of in addition to my acne scars. I'm hoping one treatment can significantly fade these dark spots.

Won't do much if you have indented scars IMO from my own experience.

I'm getting good results with Total FX and I hear Fraxel Repair is very similar.

One treatment for $300 for full face?? I would be all over that kind of deal, especially for fraxel. Yes, it takes multiple treatments to be effective, but you'll at least get a chance to see if fraxel works for your skin type and get some skin remodeling/collagen production. Most laser treatments are not that cheap. Go for it! Just make sure the doctor is willing to do repeated passes over the scars and have the setting high enough for significant improvement (low settings normally give disappointing results.)

What type of scars do they work the best on?
i have an app. in May 2 get the one time treatment fraxel it costs 4000.00,i would really like to know if it works. i have the rolling acne scaring and they are getting worse as i get older, even my 8 yr old is saying things about them. I'm also going through a divorce after only one yr and he made a hurtful coment about my face, I would like to know the best source to go with i don't care what it costs. Have any suggestions?

What type of scars do they work the best on?
i have an app. in May 2 get the one time treatment fraxel it costs 4000.00,i would really like to know if it works. i have the rolling acne scaring and they are getting worse as i get older, even my 8 yr old is saying things about them. I'm also going through a divorce after only one yr and he made a hurtful coment about my face, I would like to know the best source to go with i don't care what it costs. Have any suggestions?

Check out the Fraxel Repair thread. That is suppose to be the best laser available for acne scars.

Bellydance,

Are acne scars or dark spots easier (or more effective) to fade away with Fraxel?

Bellydance,

Are acne scars or dark spots easier (or more effective) to fade away with Fraxel?

Easier or more effective compared to what methods? Not sure what you're comparing Fraxel to.

I've had lots of red spots and melasma prior to Fraxels and Fraxels did not do much to them. It was Retin-A that I was on during Fraxel treatments that got rid of 60-70% of my melasma/red spots, not Fraxel.

Read Fraxel Restore thread. It's unrealistic to expect ANY type of improvement after one treatment.

I agree, you won't see any improvment from one treatment. If you have medium to deep scarring you would need at least 5 treatments if not more. If you have mild scarring it might do some good but I doubt you would be able to tell from one treatment.

Bellydance,

Easier or more effective compared to what methods? Not sure what you're comparing Fraxel to.

I've had lots of red spots and melasma prior to Fraxels and Fraxels did not do much to them. It was Retin-A that I was on during Fraxel treatments that got rid of 60-70% of my melasma/red spots, not Fraxel.

Read Fraxel Restore thread. It's unrealistic to expect ANY type of improvement after one treatment.

I'm asking if Fraxel is more effective at fading dark spots/sunspots/broken blood vessels compared to indented acne scarring. I've heard it works wonders for dark spots/sunspots/broken blood vessels.

Bellydance,

I'm asking if Fraxel is more effective at fading dark spots/sunspots/broken blood vessels compared to indented acne scarring. I've heard it works wonders for dark spots/sunspots/broken blood vessels.

Got it, thanks. I misread your post.

To answer your question, Fraxel has worked wonders for my boxcar scars and icepick scars. It hasn't done much for my red marks/melasma.

But then some people say exact opposite so you have to try and see for yourself. But either way, you most likely won't see any improvement whatsoever with just one treatment. Even if it's just $300, it's your hard-earned money and I wouldn't waste it if I were you.

Bellydance,

Got it, thanks. I misread your post.

To answer your question, Fraxel has worked wonders for my boxcar scars and icepick scars. It hasn't done much for my red marks/melasma.

But then some people say exact opposite so you have to try and see for yourself. But either way, you most likely won't see any improvement whatsoever with just one treatment. Even if it's just $300, it's your hard-earned money and I wouldn't waste it if I were you.

Thanks for the info.

Bellydance,

You are telling me that you have had 8 freakin' Fraxel treatments? My doc said it would take 2 treatments for me.

That's great. You have a wonderful doctor who is very honest with you. Good luck!

Remember that summer is almost here. You are supposed to avoid direct sun exposure for 3 months!!

I work outdoor 6 days a week so I would have to either quit or take a very long vacation