Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BePimpled

Chin about to fall off!!

Hi,

I am in desperate need for help. I've had this skin colored bump on my chin for about a month and I've been really good about not touching it. Well, until yesterday. I thought I'd give it a "gentle" squeeze and see if anything comes out. WRONG! Nothing would come out, but I wouldn't stop squeezing either. By the time I was done, I had ripped off the skin and was left with a huge, red/purple bump on the chin. A few hours later, I noticed another huge bump forming right next to that one but this one had a white tip. So, ofcourse I tried to pop that one too but nothing came out...except that the monster tripled in size. Now my chin is HUGE, red and inflamed. It hurts so bad that I can barely talk. WHAT CAN I DO TO ALLEVIATE THE PAIN AND REDUCE THE SWELLING??? PLEASE HELP!

Take an Aleve morning and night for a couple days to help with the inflammation. You can put an antibiotic on it overnight and cover it with a bandaid. I know a lot of people use neosporin but I use manuka honey +16. Stop touching it.

I iced it, took an 800mg Ibuprofen, applied some BP and placed a bandaid over it. I am just terrified to look at the damage once the bandaid comes off. Its a beautiful day but I refuse to go outside looking like I got attacked by a vicious flock of birds :xxx:

Please dont touch anymore.. they can burst on the inside of the skin and the "yuck" can spread. I did something similar a while back to my cheek.. i went nowhere for a while, only applied alcohol and neosporin on it and took ibuprofen.. then when it healed a little i would put extra virgin olive oil on it whenever i would think about it. it healed in about a week. it is still a pink scar.

I recently had two similar STUBBORN ass cysts that were there for 2 months. No kidding.

I finally went to the derm and got cortisone injections. They only went down about 50 % and the next day I popped out with two new ones, one enormous one dead center in my chin about the size no joke of a quarter. I went back the derm 4 days later and had the two original ones injected a second time and the two newer ones injected as well.

Right now they are all flat....finally but one of the cysts that got double injected did leave a little dent that I'm not happy about. I can only pray it will fill back in over time. I was desperate to get rid of them. They are gone.....for now.

I recently had two similar STUBBORN ass cysts that were there for 2 months. No kidding.

I finally went to the derm and got cortisone injections. They only went down about 50 % and the next day I popped out with two new ones, one enormous one dead center in my chin about the size no joke of a quarter. I went back the derm 4 days later and had the two original ones injected a second time and the two newer ones injected as well.

Right now they are all flat....finally but one of the cysts that got double injected did leave a little dent that I'm not happy about. I can only pray it will fill back in over time. I was desperate to get rid of them. They are gone.....for now.

TWO MONTHS??? I would rip my face off if they lasted that long! I think the Ibuprofen really helped. After taking it, I iced the monsters, then applied hydrocortisone cream and neosporin....the swelling definately went down a lot. It still hurts but not as much as before but the purple bruising is still there and will be there for MONTHS. I hate my face ;(

OMG!!! 20min after I wrote that post, the second cyst just blew up..its HUGE and so painful. I'm on the verge of tears...my entire chin is throbbing! I feel like just STABBING IT...stupid bastard ;*(

ice ice baby, always works for me. also tea tree oil is pretty good

Ice it, and use the cream neosporin.

So, I iced the bastard for 3 hours before I eventually fell asleep. When I woke up, it was even bigger and more painful than before. I took the bandaid off and the cyst was so red and swollen. I didn't know what to do anymore since everything else has failed...ice, 800mg Ibuprofen, hydrocortisone cream, neosporin, tea trea oil.etc. So, I soaked a cotton ball with apple cider vinegar and pressed it on the cyst for about 5 minutes. When I looked at it again in the mirror, I saw it was white now underneath the skin. I didn't know if it was actual puss or the color change was due to the acid. I took a needle and poked it slightly and OMG...it literally EXPLODED. I was in so much pain that I had to scream..I've never experienced anything like this before. My entire head was throbbing!!! Now that all the crap is out, it doesnt hurt as much and it has gone down a little. I hope this thing doesn't kill me lol...

Omg 2 months! Sorry you had to go through that. It sounds painful

ice ice baby, always works for me. also tea tree oil is pretty good

Ice it, and use the cream neosporin.

So, I iced the bastard for 3 hours before I eventually fell asleep. When I woke up, it was even bigger and more painful than before. I took the bandaid off and the cyst was so red and swollen. I didn't know what to do anymore since everything else has failed...ice, 800mg Ibuprofen, hydrocortisone cream, neosporin, tea trea oil.etc. So, I soaked a cotton ball with apple cider vinegar and pressed it on the cyst for about 5 minutes. When I looked at it again in the mirror, I saw it was white now underneath the skin. I didn't know if it was actual puss or the color change was due to the acid. I took a needle and poked it slightly and OMG...it literally EXPLODED. I was in so much pain that I had to scream..I've never experienced anything like this before. My entire head was throbbing!!! Now that all the crap is out, it doesnt hurt as much and it has gone down a little. I hope this thing doesn't kill me lol...

Ive had that happen before. I dont pop those kind of pimples anymore. I only pop pustules and I never use my bare hands or my nails. I havent used my nails since I joined acne.org but I have tried popping pimples with my bare hands and I think I have finally learned not to. I find sea salt with three tablespoons of warm water on a cotton ball helps

This is unbelievable! After I popped the damn thing this morning, the size went down drastically. However, about 3hours ago I started feeling pain in my chin and the throbbing was back again. When I looked in the mirror, it was HUGE again. I dont know what to do anymore..it hurts so bad and I dont want to mention how BAD it looks. I just want to cry!

Aww...I'm so sorry. I know how you feel. Not too long ago I had 10 of them like that. I know it's going to be hard not to try to fix them. Keep taking that advil...I had better luck with aleve but you can't take it as often.

This is unbelievable! After I popped the damn thing this morning, the size went down drastically. However, about 3hours ago I started feeling pain in my chin and the throbbing was back again. When I looked in the mirror, it was HUGE again. I dont know what to do anymore..it hurts so bad and I dont want to mention how BAD it looks. I just want to cry!

I hope you feel better soon :comfort:

You poor thing! I don't have much experience with big cysts, but what works for my bigger and reoccurring pimples is to soak a cotton ball in a salt water solution and hold it there for a while. Ice and Advil always help. I know you've been trying everything, but maybe your skin is just too irritated with everything you're trying and is breaking out over and over again to spite you. I know it's hard, but maybe leave it alone as much as you can for a day and see if it improves.

Aww...I'm so sorry. I know how you feel. Not too long ago I had 10 of them like that. I know it's going to be hard not to try to fix them. Keep taking that advil...I had better luck with aleve but you can't take it as often.

I cannot take advil ever. It gives me severe cramping and you know what afterwards

I gave up! Honestly, I just don't give a shit anymore. I cried for about 3 hours last night...not only about the way it looks but about the pain my FACE was going through. The first zit is gone but has left a beautiful hole on my chin and something that looks like a burn wound. The second cyst, that is right next to that one, is still HUGE, red and painful. I can't even IMAGINE the hyperpigmentation and scar that is going to result from these two monster. I hate my life ;(

Thank you for your help and support..I really appreciate it :wub:

The horrible inflamed wound on my cheek was big red and scabby for two weeks. After that it started to fade and heal and become where i could cover it with make-up. hang in there.. We all wish you a quick recovery... leaving it alone as much as you can actually will help! Good Luck : )

I just spent $80 at Nordstrom on Mario Badescu products. I bought a Glycolic toner, healing cream , which is suppossed to heal acne eruptions and scabs, and a whitening mask that brightens hyperpigmentation left by acne. I am proud to say that this was the first time that I left the house since Saturday! I was so embarrassed to go out for this stuff but I just had to :( Why does acne suck so much?

I just spent $80 at Nordstrom on Mario Badescu products. I bought a Glycolic toner, healing cream , which is suppossed to heal acne eruptions and scabs, and a whitening mask that brightens hyperpigmentation left by acne. I am proud to say that this was the first time that I left the house since Saturday! I was so embarrassed to go out for this stuff but I just had to :( Why does acne suck so much?

I am happy to read that you are better; although, I got in here a bit after the fact. Those horrible cysts are the worst thing about acne, and there is no way to quickly get rid of them except for possibly the cortisone injections. If you could afford the dermatologist. Ibuprofen seems to work sometimes... Although, it didn't seem to help you. Poor kid... I went through that.. It is tough even for a guy... Sometimes, if I am really desperate and it doesn't matter because it looks bad anyway, I mix some clay and water with a small amount of baking soda and sea salt. I like using natural sea salt, but the regular kind is fine .Maybe a 1/4 of a teaspoon of each--salt and baking soda in a small cup of clay and water mixture to a past that will stay on the skin without sagging....too much, Put it on thick and leave it for a about ten minutes... Do this several time a day. Make the water cool and you can refrigerate it for a short while to make it a cool pack type clay mask. Basically for the troubled areas...

Thanks for all the help, especially to SNUGS since I haven't done this method before. I am very upset with myself because I brought this onto myself. If I hadn't tried to squeeze the skin colored bump, WHICH WASN'T VISIBLE AT ALL, I wouldn't have a disfigured chin now. I have a physical tomorrow with my doctor of 10 years and I'm sooooooo embarrassed to go see him. I know he's going to ask what happened to my face and I feel like I'm going to die from embarrassment. :(

Please keep us posted on how these products work for u... Good luck!

Ruski, I will definately try these products for a few days/week and I'll report my progress. Actually, the sales lady told me that her daughter had terrible acne until she started using Mario Badescu but as u know, everyones skin is different.