Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MonarchX

Razor blades for acne prone skin?

I use Gillette Mach 3. I noticed almost all razors have this gooey strip that leaves a thin layer of itself on your skin. That stuff probobly clogs pores too! I usually remove that blue strip manually. It soothes skin but I'm afraid its comedogenic. Are there razors without that blue strip?

Many razors today have a strip here or there that is a "conditioning" strip. Sometimes this can make people's skin sensitive, depending on what kind you use. There are tons of different kinds of razors out there. The only ones I can think of that do not have those strips are the plain Bic brand razors, but those are only one bladed, not with 2, 3 or 4 blades like most razors now a days.

I DO know, that most of the time, these strips only last after a few shaves, and the products the companies put on those strips are usually long gone. I would suggest just trying a different brand? I know lost of people (men in particular) swear by Barbasol brand shave cream because it's just plain, nothing special, and great on sensitive skin.

Hope some of this helps

yeah i would say go for a disposable razor as you can get 2 blade ones without the conditioning strip also they will always make these so you dont have to worry about them being discontinued but this is in the UK

Typically, I think that most of those strips are just aloe vera, which is non-comedogenic.