Am I ugly?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Am I ugly?

• Yeah, you're pretty ugly
    • Nah, you're about average looking
    • Actually, you're pretty attractive
    • You're not just ugly, you're hideous!

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/8903/098l.jpg

Many people have been telling me that I'm ugly. Now, I don't know if this is really true or if they're just trying to be jerks. I've asked friends and parents and they say I'm good looking, but I think they might be saying that because they don't want to hurt my feelings. I'm concerned whether I actually look good or not. Personally, I think I'm ugly, but that might just be my self-esteem issues kicking in. Just answer the poll honestly please, I won't get upset if I get bad results. I'll just be encouraged to improve my flaws, as I would be much more confident going out in the real world knowing I'm an attractive person rather than an unattractive one. If I really am ugly, any advice on how to improve my looks are most certainly welcome. I already know the acne needs to go, that's one thing I'm working on. I might look into getting a tan too. Go ahead and mention any other good tips if you want.

I'm so sorry folks have said that to you, i remember in middle school people used to say some really harsh stuff to me, and it made me feel ugly up to this day. Its hard to enjoy life, or even go through the day-to-day when you feel that way. I voted that you are average.. your eyes are pretty. your skin is not bad at all, when you get older you will be an attractive man, hold your head up. :cool:

hey dude...sorry i cant give u a detailed explanation cuz im a straight male but u look normal to me..definitly not someone i would call ugly

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/8903/098l.jpg

Many people have been telling me that I'm ugly. Now, I don't know if this is really true or if they're just trying to be jerks. I've asked friends and parents and they say I'm good looking, but I think they might be saying that because they don't want to hurt my feelings. I'm concerned whether I actually look good or not. Personally, I think I'm ugly, but that might just be my self-esteem issues kicking in. Just answer the poll honestly please, I won't get upset if I get bad results. I'll just be encouraged to improve my flaws, as I would be much more confident going out in the real world knowing I'm an attractive person rather than an unattractive one. If I really am ugly, any advice on how to improve my looks are most certainly welcome. I already know the acne needs to go, that's one thing I'm working on. I might look into getting a tan too. Go ahead and mention any other good tips if you want.

You ain't ugly mate, from where I'm standing you fall somewhere roughly in the middle ground that's between average and attractive. Which I guess is the second option on that poll of yours. But now look, you've probably heard the phrase 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder', well that basically means everyone's opinion on what's physically attractive differs, and so their opinion of you will obviously differ. So - put some effort into making yourself look good according to your own point of view(new hair style, tan, weight training whatever) and then don't give two shits about it again. It's not worth the bother. Because once you've done that there is nothing else left for you to do. There will always be some shallow people, who will not see you as matching up to their 'standards' what ever happens, so just accept it and move on. There are plenty more people out there. Focus instead on improving your personality, listening skills and sense of humour. For these are the things that come to the fore after the intial first impression - where looks alone doesn't guarantee you anything there after.

*IN BEFORE LOCK*

Lol at dudes pretending they don't know if someone is ugly or not because same gender.

You ain't ugly op. Just need more style to ya. Shake things up. Good luck.

Dude relax, ur a normal looking guy! And im not trying to make you feel better either im serious. I consider myself a stud so be happy :P also dont fret about getting a tan, if you get one you get one. Some healthy sun wont kill you though.

I think we've all been called "ugly" in the past at some point. I remember being teased to no end at middle school and thought i was pretty damn ugly... But I grew up and realized that those people were either jealous or ugly themselves :P or just being a bunch of dickheads. Now I'm in my 20's and for the last 5 years evreyone has been telling me the exact opposite- that i'm "very handsome" and i also have a gorgeous long term gf.

You're still young mate, things will change. But in all honesty- no, you are not ugly at all. You have a reasonably handsome face. You can do a lot to change your appearance from a good haircut to wearing the right clothes. I think in time the ladies will be swooning for ya!

Good luck!!!!

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I don't feel so bad about my looks now, I've gained confidence from reading your replies.

ehh no homo ur not ugly ur just a average looking dood. Style things up. Get a hair cut and a line up. Wear good clothes. Everything you wear adds to how you look. Dont think yur ugly or u will be ugly cuz its all what you think you are. See all those ugly ass people with super hott chicks? u think those doods called themselves ugly? have confidence in yourself and dont think soo much

This thread is being closed.

Threads like this only reinforce the fact that people need other people to tell them that they are attractive in order to feel acceptable. Base how you feel about yourself on who you are, not on what you look like.

As a wise woman once said, "Get your self-esteem in order by DOING something about it and BEING something, not basing it on only what you look like."