Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New here, Just today trying lemon juice with golden syrup(closest to honey I have) and sugar to help it stick, want to know if anyones tried any lemon juice remedies for red marks and had success? Ive had them about 3 years now, I only get a few spots every now and then but the marks just never leave when the spot has. I've been on Dianette now for a month purely for my skin, but sadly its made me break out twice, worst breakout I've ever had and Ive had the joyful experience of nausea every-single-day.

Any success stories? :(

P.S. I will be updating if this works or not in a couple of weeks!

I've tried lemon juice once or twice, but never consistently, so I can't say how well it works. But what I would advise is that you would be careful, your skin may react badly (or not) to the lemon juice. So maybe just try it on a little area of your face for a day or two...

100% aloe vera gel (the clear stuff "fruit of the earth" brand) is supposed to help reduce redness, good for sensitive skin because theres no harsh chemicals, also there are some good reviews on Dan's aha+ (alpha hydroxy acid). Good Luck!

Heya :) im not sure about the lemon juice at all as i have never tryed it! but im using Dianette too, is yours a controceptive pill? As mine is, and i got given a Dalacin topical lotion too? but ive never ever been sure if i was ment to take something else too! Is it just the Pill called Dianette you take?! haha

Also good luck with findin out about the lemon!il use it if it works! lol

Defeating my hyperpigmentation is basically what I've replaced my regimen with: for a toner I use lemon juice, for my moisturizer I use pure aloe vera (except in the mornings, where I add the aloe vera to my Olay SPF moisturizer), and Tea Tree Oil for blemishes/hyperpigmentation/scarring.

I've only been doing it for about 4-5 days, but I think I've seen improvement already in the redness. And, inadvertently, I've stopped getting pimples since I've started this new regimen. Seriously, not one so far... and I am no where near growing out of it. :) Try it! I love it--makes my skin so soft and smells delightful, and who knows? It might work for you just as well!

Heya :) im not sure about the lemon juice at all as i have never tryed it! but im using Dianette too, is yours a controceptive pill? As mine is, and i got given a Dalacin topical lotion too? but ive never ever been sure if i was ment to take something else too! Is it just the Pill called Dianette you take?! haha

Also good luck with findin out about the lemon!il use it if it works! lol

Yeah just Dianette! Its a contraceptive but I got it for the acne, I had a prescription topical lotion before this, but it didnt really do anything other than really dry out my skin! It was "Zineryt". Lol no I dont think you have to take anything with it! It's meant to stop your skin from getting too oily and other stuff I cant remember... I'm meant to wait three months to see how it progresses if at all but I will definately be going back to my doctor! I could take the nausea (EVERYDAY) if it wasnt for the fact I now have big spots I didnt have before!!! I dont normally get many at once! ):

Btw the lemon juice and golden syrup has left my skin feeling very VERY smooth! Even if it does nothing for my red marks I think ill keep using it for a cleanser!

Defeating my hyperpigmentation is basically what I've replaced my regimen with: for a toner I use lemon juice, for my moisturizer I use pure aloe vera (except in the mornings, where I add the aloe vera to my Olay SPF moisturizer), and Tea Tree Oil for blemishes/hyperpigmentation/scarring.

I've only been doing it for about 4-5 days, but I think I've seen improvement already in the redness. And, inadvertently, I've stopped getting pimples since I've started this new regimen. Seriously, not one so far... and I am no where near growing out of it. :) Try it! I love it--makes my skin so soft and smells delightful, and who knows? It might work for you just as well!

Yes! My skin is so smooth! Even if theres no improvement I think ill use this as a cleanser! My face feels so clean and smooth and its only been 30 mins! :D

New here, Just today trying lemon juice with golden syrup(closest to honey I have) and sugar to help it stick, want to know if anyones tried any lemon juice remedies for red marks and had success? Ive had them about 3 years now, I only get a few spots every now and then but the marks just never leave when the spot has. I've been on Dianette now for a month purely for my skin, but sadly its made me break out twice, worst breakout I've ever had and Ive had the joyful experience of nausea every-single-day.

Any success stories? :(

P.S. I will be updating if this works or not in a couple of weeks!

It seems pretty good with diluted with Golden Syrup! So lets hope for the best!

Yes! My skin is so smooth! Even if theres no improvement I think ill use this as a cleanser! My face feels so clean and smooth and its only been 30 mins! :D

Glad to hear you like it! I hope it will continue to work with your skin and improve it like it has mine. :)

It does not work for red marks (in my case)..but it works on the brown marks..

Lemon juice has done WONDERS for my red marks. I used to hide my face behind layers of foundation. Now I only wear a sheer tinted moisturizer. I apply undiluted lemon juice to my face with a cotton ball at night and wear a tinted moisturizer with sunscreen during the day (Arbonne makes a great, albeit expensive one that I love). I also drink lemon juice. The thing that will help your skin most is eating healthy and finding out what your breakout triggers are. Mine is refined sugar. I eat desserts very sparingly now that I know. I also drink lots of water and try to eat lots of fruits and vegetables. Derms won't tell you that many foods cause breakouts because then they wouldn't get any business. Avoid refined sugar, fried foods and dairy. Eat a healthy diet and drink lots of water.

LEmon juice helps to reduce red marks , but you have got to use it everyday or frequently , mix yogurt and lemon and honey , put on face for 10 minutes , rinse .

i dont use chemical products on my face , i do it all natural =) ...