Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bubba88

Accutane and taning after youve stopped

Hey,

Im about to start my first course of accutane i was just wondering after im off my cycle will i be able to get a tan like i used to have. Recently 4months ago after stopping with the tretinoin And going into the sun for a bit of a tan i just go red then back to my pale self, will it go back to normal?

Also what is the best product for dry lips caused by accutane?

Thanks

Any product with Petroleum Jelly - like Vaseline pocket size lip therapy with ALOE VERA! So it's awesome for your lips : )

Hey,

Im about to start my first course of accutane i was just wondering after im off my cycle will i be able to get a tan like i used to have. Recently 4months ago after stopping with the tretinoin And going into the sun for a bit of a tan i just go red then back to my pale self, will it go back to normal?

Also what is the best product for dry lips caused by accutane?

Thanks

It depends on your skin. Some people I believe after a month or few months off accutane were able to tan. Accutane drys out your skin and makes it more sensitive and can thin your skin. Accutane effects everyone diffrently.

I would not recommend however to tan while on accutane and if out in the sun please where sunscreen. I would wait a few months after u are finshed with ur course to try tanning. I would start slow too and only go for a few minutes at a time to see how u will react once ur course is done.

funny thing for me was I got off accutane last May/June and I was fine w/ sunscreen to be out in the sun that summer, but 4 months later being out in the sun I get red even with sunscreen.

i started tanning again 3 weeks after stopping accutane and was fine. if anything, i think i tanned better! as long as i dont tan TOO long (then i burn).

best lip product... Nivea Kiss of Moisture (the dark blue tube) the stuff is amazing! my lips never cracked once!

i've been on accutane for 2 1/2 months (& on a fairly high dose considering my body size), & actually laid out in the sun today for quite a while to study (70 degrees, no wind, no clouds is hard to resist). I want to test my skin out slowly, and found that I did not burn. Obviously, this might change once it reaches 90 degrees & so on, but I was able to tan as normal. I do not have freckles or really pale skin though as some of my summer 08 tan has stuck around, but for my skin I did not burn , though you can tell I got some sun. Yes, I know the sun is bad for me regardless, but I am a tanorexic. I do wear SPF on my face & sunglasses.