Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mimie2022

Please, Dan or Brandy : Difference between Dan's jojoba oil or other organic jojoba oil ???

Difference between Dan's jojoba oil or other organic jojoba oil ???

I have read the review on the jojoba oil (Desert essence and Dan’s) and one person said this :

“I wrote a review at the end of January after having used it for a few weeks. It has now been three mos. and it is still working like a charm. I hate to say this about Dan's Jojoba because I love this site & everything I have learned here, but I believe Desert Essence to be a superior oil. I bought the DK kind and didn't like the smell. It had a slight chemical smell (maybe from the plastic or processing?) and after a few weeks of using it I seemed to be having a few breakouts. Then I switched back to Desert Essence and I'm clear again. It could be a coincidence, but I think DE has a more natural smell and it keeps me clear. Sorry Dan »

I used jojoba oil (bio purchased in Europe, I live in Europe) for 1 year and suddenly it made me break out.

I can’t make the regimen only jojoba oil because my skin is too flaky, so my acne is come back !!!!

Do you think there really a difference between various organic jojoba oil?? ?????

I can not order Desert Essence jojoba oilfrom Europe (Swizerland) !!!!!

Jojoba oil, if it's pure and without additives, should be the same regardless of the brand. The main difference I am aware of is that some are organic while others are not. Dan's is organic, btw, which to me means it's as pure as it gets.

Brandy is right on, as usual :) Our oil is organic, so it's as pure as you can get. Plus, the farm that makes it is the best (and just happens to be the oldest) in the business, and the place where we have it filled are incredible sticklers for detail. While I don't think there is probably much difference between one organic jojoba oil vs. another, I am more confident in Acne.org jojoba than anywhere else. If I had to guess, I would think even the non-organic is probably fine as well. Just try to get a bigger brand name and take a quick look at the expiration date to make sure it's fresh.

I use the Acne.Org jojoba oil and I love it. I would hate to be without it, I haven`t tried any other brand of it so I can`t really say anything about it compared to other brands, but I`m so happy with it that I don`t plan on switching to another brand. I`m on my second bottle of it, and on the first bottle I didn`t notice any smell, with the newer bottle I know what smell you are talking about but it`s pretty faint & doesn`t bother me.

Wow, you guys have such a great sense of smell. Honestly I have never noticed anything like what you're saying, but I just got a batch in. I'll have some people smell it and let me know what they think. I'm stuffed up from allergies :)

I got a nose like a labradour retriever, lol. The jojoba has a very faint smell, but it is not overly noticable and not offensive. Just can't really describe it, though.

I think it's great. I mix a few drops into my moisturiser as needed.