Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cydia

I have horrible skin and it's making me depressed.

Acne started appearing on my face, back and chest when I was 16 years old; currently 18 years old now. When it first start I using St. Ives Apricot Scrub in the morning and before I went to bed to help with the acne on my face. For the acne on my back and chest I washed my sheets every couple of days and started using a loofah in the shower. The acne on my back and chest have now gone but the acne on my face has gotten much worst. I'm currently using Tretinoin Cream 0.025% and taking Minicycline 50MG pills. Now the acne on my face aren't white or black heads its the giant red sores that stay for weeks. The sores are along the bottom sides of my face and somewhat on my neck.

Before I had acne people told me I look like Adam Brody at least 50 times which I took as a compliment

When I talk to people now I can see them looking at my acne. Through out the day I can feel the acne on my face it's horrible.

I feel like it's never going to go away and I will be one of those adults with horrible acne.

Are you still using the St Itves Apricot Scrub? Its very harsh and people who are prone to acne should avoid that cleanser. Its very abbrasive

are you seeing a dermotogist?

Yes, this dermatologist is the one who prescribed the medication I'm on now. I have told them I'm not satisfied with it but they are reluctant to give me anything else; she says just to keep using what I have.

Are you still using the St Itves Apricot Scrub?

I'm now using the Apricot Cleanser: Blemish Fighting. "Oil free * 0.5% Salicylic acid: Gently deep cleans without drying using gentle microbeads and apricot extract"

are you seeing a dermotogist?

Yes, this dermatologist is the one who prescribed the medication I'm on now. I have told them I'm not satisfied with it but they are reluctant to give me anything else; she says just to keep using what I have.

Are you still using the St Itves Apricot Scrub?

I'm now using the Apricot Cleanser: Blemish Fighting. "Oil free * 0.5% Salicylic acid: Gently deep cleans without drying using gentle microbeads and apricot extract"

Its a business. People can write that a cleanser is noncomedogenic and gentle when in fact, it has comedogenic ingredients and isnt gentle. Its their way of making money. Ignore that and look at the ingredients.http://www.zerozits.com/Articles/acnedetect.htm print this out and bring it with you when you buy your cleanser and if you shop for make up.

Hey!!! Use apple cider vinegar! I know it sounds pretty lame. And it also stinks a bit. But 1. you totally get used to the smell just like riding a bike haha 2. It works like a dream. It can make your face a bit oily but just do it every other day or you can mix it with some water to chill it out.

Its a business. People can write that a cleanser is noncomedogenic and gentle when in fact, it has comedogenic ingredients and isnt gentle. Its their way of making money. Ignore that and look at the ingredients.http://www.zerozits.com/Articles/acnedetect.htm print this out and bring it with you when you buy your cleanser and if you shop for make up.

Thanks, I'll check out that website.

If you're not happy with your derm, switch to a new one. You're paying this person a good deal of money so they can mitigate your skin problems; it's not worth maintaining a relationship if you're not getting the help you need.

I'm currently living with my mom until I graduate high school. She's in the military and we have tricare insurance which only covers the air force dermatologist. I would switch to another dermatologist but I don't have any money to spend.

Hey!!! Use apple cider vinegar! I know it sounds pretty lame. And it also stinks a bit. But 1. you totally get used to the smell just like riding a bike haha 2. It works like a dream. It can make your face a bit oily but just do it every other day or you can mix it with some water to chill it out.

I'll try this out, I actually have some in the kitchen right now. Should I wash my face with warm water and just normal soap (I use Dove) then put the apple cider vinegar on a a face pad and rub it on my face then rinse my face or just leave it?