Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alethia

Why do people say acne on the forehead is from diet while cheeks and chin are from hormones?

Where do people get this info? Have you found it to be true for you? It doesn't seem logical to me, but what do I know?

who said that? i thought it was dependent on age.

I don't remember who, but I've seen it in a few posts on this forum already, and I haven't been a member for long. I remember a while back reading something online that said the same thing. It said that, for example, if you have problems with digestion, then you'll have acne in a certain spot on your face, and another spot on your face if you have lung problems, and another spot on your face for hormones......

For those that actually do make statements like that, where are they getting it from?

I've heard a similar story, I often break out on my chin when my period arrives.

I rarely have acne on my forehead, though I do eat and drink a lot of sugar which I am cutting back on.

I'd like to hear more on this topic.

Here's a post where it's mentioned:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/acne-forehead-t213265.html

Funny thing is, even in this one post, two people are saying different things. One person says forehead acne is supposedly caused by hormones. Then another person says forehead acne is called by digestion problems.

Maybe it really is all myth, and there's no correlation.

It's interesting, Sunbear, though, that you break out around your chin around your period. That is consistent with what I've heard.

Oh okay, i see the contradictions. hmm, hopefully someone has a real answer then but even if there is one, it still may not be the cause for some.

Yeah, what I said in that post was:

""Hormonal" acne is usually a cheek/chin/jawline issue, I think this because when women break out before their period it is usually in those places specifically."

Monthly cycles are the whole reason I said that. And from my experience, when my digestion is good and my elimination is regular, my forehead acne disappears. I can't give you any scientific proof though.

Myths that people keep spreading.

First of all, all of our acne is related to hormones with the exception of pores blocked from topicals.

Second, acne tends to start on the forehead in the early teens as that is usually the oiliest place. It did for me and that has been my observation of other people, and there's a thread on one of these forums with tons of people chiming in saying it was the same for them.

Third, my chin and jawline acne was an allergic reaction.

Fourth, people are always assuming hormonal acne means breakouts once a month coinciding with the menstrual cycle implying other acne is not hormonal. But that isn't the case.

Also, the only time I've ever observed a topical breaking me out, it was right in the center of my forehead. It's from moisturizing with oils which works great everywhere else, but clogs pores in my forehead. So there's an example of forehead breakouts not related to diet.

Besides, your diet affects your hormones. So it's all hormonal and it's all diet.

are scars also caused my hormonal acne- i.e. do they stay there on our face because of no proper diet or is hormonal acne only pertaining to the actual acne?

Myths that people keep spreading.

First of all, all of our acne is related to hormones with the exception of pores blocked from topicals.

Second, acne tends to start on the forehead in the early teens as that is usually the oiliest place. It did for me and that has been my observation of other people, and there's a thread on one of these forums with tons of people chiming in saying it was the same for them.

Third, my chin and jawline acne was an allergic reaction.

Fourth, people are always assuming hormonal acne means breakouts once a month coinciding with the menstrual cycle implying other acne is not hormonal. But that isn't the case.

Also, the only time I've ever observed a topical breaking me out, it was right in the center of my forehead. It's from moisturizing with oils which works great everywhere else, but clogs pores in my forehead. So there's an example of forehead breakouts not related to diet.

Besides, your diet affects your hormones. So it's all hormonal and it's all diet.

What else besides food causes hormonal imbalances?

And what food is it that causes hormone imbalances? What food is beneficial for balancing hormones?

are scars also caused my hormonal acne- i.e. do they stay there on our face because of no proper diet or is hormonal acne only pertaining to the actual acne?

I don't exactly know the answer to your question, but I do know that it's true that a nutritious diet and keeping well hydrated and good circulation (via exercise) help speed the healing process of your skin to help get rid of scars more quickly.

And what food is it that causes hormone imbalances? What food is beneficial for balancing hormones?

I don't exactly know the answer to your question, but I do know that it's true that a nutritious diet and keeping well hydrated and good circulation (via exercise) help speed the healing process of your skin to help get rid of scars more quickly.

hmmm this is helpful http://www.greenspangoodhealth.com/hormone...ance-causes.php

Yeah, what I said in that post was:

""Hormonal" acne is usually a cheek/chin/jawline issue, I think this because when women break out before their period it is usually in those places specifically."

Monthly cycles are the whole reason I said that. And from my experience, when my digestion is good and my elimination is regular, my forehead acne disappears. I can't give you any scientific proof though.

Thanks. That makes sense that you would come to that conclusion. I'm not looking for scientific proof. Just experience, like what you mentioned.

Various impaired bodily functions such as the liver, adrenals, thyroid, circulation, etc. Of course those things are affected by diet.

It's not a particular food, it's a generally crappy diet that's void in nutrients and causes unstable blood sugar. That would be why we are always talking about that here.

Although there are plant foods that contain plant estrogens and plant androgens. And the hormones in dairy that may cause problems. And there are nutrients that help balance hormones in various ways from block DHT conversion to strengthening organs that help regulate hormones such as the liver.

Inflammation worsens scaring. Eat an anti-inflammatory diet.

Oooo, that's very helpful!!! Thanks for finding it. :clap:

lol yw

I will say my diet is really really aweful and I honestly wouldnt be surprised if I died by age fifty. I am a chocoholic/sugarholic. Whenever Im not at work, I eat all day. I never used to eat like this until bcps and celexa. I honestly dont know what to do about it

Oooo, that's very helpful!!! Thanks for finding it. :clap:

Hah. At a glance it looked like it said 'Greens and good health' and so I thought it looked like it might be really good. But no, it's not really.

Read this instead. http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Good-t230...l&p=2574113

hmmm, so does this mean if we control our diet, we can control our hormones which in turn controls our acne? i know this is written all over these boards, but how do you start...we eat different things everyday...don't know how to figure out the safe stuff.

hmmm, so does this mean if we control our diet, we can control our hormones which in turn controls our acne? i know this is written all over these boards, but how do you start...we eat different things everyday...don't know how to figure out the safe stuff.

Avoid processed nutritionally void, blood sugar spiking and inflammatory foods and drinks, especially sugar and trans fats. Eat real, nutrient dense foods. What you want is a blood sugar stabilizing, anti-inflammatory, nutrient rich diet.

And then by trial and error, figure out anything that you, personally, might have an intolerance for.

oh okay, to name a few things....would you suggest wheat flour, milk and legumes/beans/chick peas to be fit the category of things you just mentioned? these are things i do almost on a daily basis and think they may be skeptical items.

oh okay, to name a few things....would you suggest wheat flour, milk and legumes/beans/chick peas to be fit the category of things you just mentioned? these are things i do almost on a daily basis and think they may be skeptical items.

Wheat flour is a processed food. What do you do with it? How much do you eat of it a day. It tends to be used to make high GI foods like bread, pancakes, cookies.

Milk is a problem for many people for a variety of reasons: lactose intolerance, allergy and the iodine and hormones it contains. That would be an example of a personal intolerance.

Legumes are real, nutrient dense foods. So long as you aren't preparing them in some nutrient destroying way, like deep frying as in falafel.

Read here for what to eat: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...t&p=2356573

Wheat flour is a processed food. What do you do with it? How much do you eat of it a day. It tends to be used to make high GI foods like bread, pancakes, cookies.

Milk is a problem for many people for a variety of reasons: lactose intolerance, allergy and the iodine and hormones it contains. That would be an example of a personal intolerance.

Legumes are real, nutrient dense foods. So long as you aren't preparing them in some nutrient destroying way, like deep frying as in falafel.

Read here for what to eat: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...t&p=2356573

oh man, thanks a lot for that help. my mom makes some kind of "tortilla" type thing with the flour by adding water, a tad bit of oil and then puts it on a pan to heat. I eat it about 1 to 2 times a week.

oh man, thanks a lot for that help. my mom makes some kind of "tortilla" type thing with the flour by adding water, a tad bit of oil and then puts it on a pan to heat. I eat it about 1 to 2 times a week.

Hmm, what ethnicity?

Also, unless you are gluten intolerant, it probably isn't a problem as long as you don't eat a ton of them. You eat it with food right?

Hmm, what ethnicity?

Also, unless you are gluten intolerant, it probably isn't a problem as long as you don't eat a ton of them. You eat it with food right?

I'm Indian. Yes, i eat it with vegetables and I dont believe im gluten intolerant.