Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shawng

rosacea on forehead help plz

Hi, my name is Shawn and I have been suffering from acne/rosacea since i was about 14 years old and I am now 18.

I used to think it was just acne and tried everything from proactive, to clean and clear, acnefree, etc...

so i went to my local doctor and he presribed me metro gel topgel 1% for the roseca that occurs on my forehead, and tretinoin 0.01% for the rest of my acne and an antibiotic i used for 3 months, but don't have refills for it anymore.. I also use Clearasil Ultra wash to wash b4 applying, its not too harsh for my skin

I only suffer from the roseca on my forhead, and i get zits around my nose and lip and sometimes on the chin area..

I've been using the combination of tretinoin and metrogel since September 2008 and it did help me out alot, but my forehead still looks red with marks everywhere..

Recently i have been breaking out along my chin and lip area, and little on my forehead but the topical gels usually contain the big zits from coming..

I really need some advice or something on how to help get rid of the red marks, etc...any diet or something i could be doing? I really had hope when my face cleared a bit from using it for about 6 months, but now im starting to lose hope.

Please post

hello.

Diet has nothing to do with what you have.

It would be better if you posted a picturer. Go to another dermatologist to see his opinnion.

peter;

Okay, well I've changed up some of my rountines and cut out soda and been drinking a lot of water and I've noticed I haven't been getting any flare ups on my forhead anymore..It's really hard for me to post a picture because it really only looks bad when I sweat, or if i put something on it that makes it look shiny.

I'm going to see a demeteologist soon because my regular doctor told me there was nothing i could do to get rid of them and I would have to wait 20 years until my skin relaxes.

Okay, well I've changed up some of my rountines and cut out soda and been drinking a lot of water and I've noticed I haven't been getting any flare ups on my forhead anymore..It's really hard for me to post a picture because it really only looks bad when I sweat, or if i put something on it that makes it look shiny.

I'm going to see a demeteologist soon because my regular doctor told me there was nothing i could do to get rid of them and I would have to wait 20 years until my skin relaxes.

That's a very strange response and not accurate. I hope your derm appointment goes well and you get more information that's helpful to you.

In the interim, read Rosacea Information and Treatment options.

I haven't been to the dermetologist yet because there isnt any real close to where i live, but i will soon..

in the meantime i've been apply vitamin e oil onto my forehead to help out?

what else would work too

Read the link I posted above. It has over the counter treatment options. All your worries/concerns are addressed in that post. Read it.

Your condition is mild. No worries, continue using the tretinoin. You might want to try out oral medicine to cure it from the inside too such as Nimegen / Accutane.

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

I was on an oral med for about 3-4 months called doxycycline hyc. Idk if you ever heard of it, but it eliminated all my breakouts completely and got me to where my skin is at today. I only have minor breakouts but redness/marks.

I'll have to look into Nimegen because I've never heard of it. I don't think my condition is serious enough to take accutane though.

In the meantime, before I can get to the derm, is there anything that can help reduce the redness or tips etc..

Just an Update from my dermt appointment yesterday

She put me on two new topical gels

Differin 0.3%

and this new stuff called Acanya Gel

Anyone here use these before? Have Success with them? Please post