Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So, I was in class yesterday (nursing school) and we were going through assessment of the neurological system. In one of the tests you stand behind the patient and whisper words to test his hearing. So naturally we started "loud whispering" random words to each other, laughing the whole time. The teacher starts off "baseball, doughnuts...," then looks at me, points at my face, and screeches: "ACNE! PIMPLE!" THe whole class turns around to look and bursts out into hysterics.

I just sat there and blushed, making my red scars look even worse no doubt.

Now I'm just plain angry. I hate being the only girl in nursing school with skin problems... Anyways, I'm wondering if I should file a complaint with the head professor about this incident??? But I'm afraid she'll just say something like "well you do have them, right? pimples I mean."

Sigh... :cry:

Man, fukc that teacher. Bloody douche bag.. Insecure for sure.. File a complaint man. It'll be worth it.

I'm sure you could file a complaint, fat people complain all the time, it was clearly a personal remark that is not acceptable in the workplace.

Then again, by complaining, word will spread and it might make you an easier target.

Either way, it was still uncalled for and rude.

I'm sure you could file a complaint, fat people complain all the time, it was clearly a personal remark that is not acceptable in the workplace.

Then again, by complaining, word will spread and it might make you an easier target.

Either way, it was still uncalled for and rude.

I think you should complain to the board, because what that teacher did was very wrong and very insensitive. They need to learn that it isn't acceptable to say that to other people, and it's never okay to treat people like that. A teacher is supposed to help you grow and learn (They are supposed to set examples)... not publicly humiliate and bash you. You should definitely report it, so the teacher knows that this type of behavior is definitely not okay and so it doesn't happen again.

complain.

that is bullshit and it is for sure unacceptable.

its pretty much discrimination and if it bothers you emotionally you must be sure to tell someone about it. You're a student in an already stressful environment. You don't need to be harrassed ontop of it. To be honest, I would have reacted the same as you but I'm certain that it would bother me for the next month or so causing undue mental anguish. Fuck the prof and report it.

And if youre scared make it anonymous as if you were a student in the class who was offended by it.

"well you do have them, right? pimples I mean."

This would be a pretty ridiculous response, and honestly, if this was her answer to the complaint, you could say a lot of things back. For example, should we be able to use the N-word to describe black people? I mean, they are black, right? Should we yell "FAT!" when a plump person is sitting there? I mean, they are fat, right?

People who think pointing out truth and honesty is always right or justified are on a whole new level of stupidity.

Ugh. I'm angry for you!

Don't complain. Perhaps you can find some revenge. You're teacher is stupid. I've never had a teacher that acted like a child. Seriously, she pointed her finger and said that?

I am really sorry to hear this... back in middle school i had an english teacher that commented on my bad skin in front of the class.. I was already painfully obsessive about it. In your case I would say something to the board or the head professor or whomever, because this type of harassment is unacceptable. For the sake of every pupil the teacher should know, as a person, not only as a professional, that pointing something like that out, and singling a person out of a group for anything is cruel. Something like this would have devasted me, I probably couldnt force myself out of the house for the rest of the semester. Someone should reprehend the teacher for deciding to "teach" with such an inconsiderate method.

I would have turned it around on the teacher. lmao "Oh, you are laughing now, but you won't be laughing so hard when I go to the board. Hey, wait... why did everyone stop laughing? I guess it's really not as funny as you thought it was, was it?" :naughty:

or you could talk to the teacher about it, and tell them how upset and humiliated that comment made you feel. Tell her that you are thinking about going to the board regarding the issue. I bet their attitude will certainly change, and she will feel apologetic for her words then. You will hold the cards. :D

or complain to the supervisor anonymously if that's what you feel comfortable with.

That's horrible. I was just called a pizza face today, and I felt disgusted with myself, because I thought it was clearing up a little. I do think you should go and file a complaint. It's bad enough that you probably are grossed out by yourself often, but to have everyone in your class laughing and joining in.. well.. I'm pissed off at hearing that. You might feel uncomfortable with telling anyone about this because then you'd be pointing attention to your face, but I definately think it'll be worth it to tell someone about her. The BITCH.

wow, that's horrible. I would confront her in private. beat her ass. no j/k, But you should confront her. Guilt trip her, seriously. Some people don't learn until they are told to.

Welcome to the world of nursing and backstabbing. This is just the beginning.

Do NOT allow yourself to be intimidated or backstabbed.

File a complaint with the Dean of Nursing School or the Administrator of the school. If someone thinks you're an easy target to intimidate and make blush, boy are you in for a great career and much misery.

You are going to have to toughen up.

How do I know? 12 years Registered Nurse. ;)

You shoulda been like

Crooked nose!

ugly hair!

chipped teeth!

big ears!

But yeah, file a complaint, that shit is ridiculous. Anyone in that position should know MUCH better than that.

This reminds me of my business law class. Not only can you complain, you can ever sue him if you wanted to according to tort of negligence under the remedy of aggrevated damages (and make some $$$!). Aggrevated damage are injuries such as humiliation or distress caused by the defendant's reprehensible conduct. Ie, embaressing/humiliating you in front of your class.

You can pretty much sue anyone for anything! :) BLAW was such a fun class!

Stay strong and toughen up. Even if you dont have anything to help you feel strong and only negative things ignore those and toughen up because no matter what everyone has different opinions and one person cannot effect your life in a way where it ruins everything you do. Ignore it and dont give in to feeling sad.

I'm normally among the last to advocate going forward with a complaint, but if the situation occurred as you described it, that is absolutely ridiculous, and something that you would be well within reason to complain about. Sorry you had to put up with that.