Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sunbear

Your exfoliating scrub (:

Q. What scrub (if any) do you use to exfoliate your skin weekly?

Please state the brand name, approximate cost and what you think of the scrub itself :)

I am trying to find one to use with the acne.org regimen, preferably a gentle scrub.

Thanks and I appreciate all feedback :wub:

The Body Shop's Vitamin C Micro Refiner for $24 Cdn.

I like it because:

• Ultra-fine exfoliating crystals stimulate cell renewal and leave skin incredibly soft and smooth.
  • Vitamin C encourages production of collagen, improves elasticity and protects against damaging environmental aggressors.

i use st. ives apricot scrub for sensitive skin. i think it's $3 in most areas. it's one of the those love or hate it products. the reason i like it is largely because of the smell .. lol. i'm not a huge fan of apricots, but the smell is refreshing, it wakes me up in the morning. and i do feel like my skin is healthier after using it. it says it's all natural, but that's a lie.

I don't use any St. Ives products... most of them contain Apricot which is too rough on your skin.

They used to cause me to break out, I guess because it irritated my skin too much.

I use St. Ives apricot scrub blemish & blackhead control...I use it daily,

That stuff is aweful for acne prone skin!

Well it works well on my skin.. :dance:

That stuff is aweful for acne prone skin!

Well it works well on my skin.. :dance:

Good for you *deep sarcasm* It doesnt work on most peoples skin

just bi-carb soda and water. its the best there is. i have used it TWICE and i can already see improvements on my red marks after acne.

ill occasionly use a black head scrub cause they feel nice and stuff :)

(bi-carb soda also doesnt dry out skin and you will get about 100 or 150 out of a 4$ thingy :) )

google it.

I use Dan's Jojoba Oil to exfoliate. Everyday after Cleansing and before applying BP i take about 10-12 drops of Jojoba Oil and put it all over my face. Then I take my finger tips and go to work with them. i rub in little circles all over my face to remove any flaking skin. ill do this for 5-10 mins. depending on how flakey i am. then I will let the Jojoba sit on my face for 10 mins. after that i take a towel and gently wipe off the excess Oil and continue with the BP. It really helps to exfoliate off all that dead skin. good luck!

I use Dan's Jojoba Oil to exfoliate. Everyday after Cleansing and before applying BP i take about 10-12 drops of Jojoba Oil and put it all over my face. Then I take my finger tips and go to work with them. i rub in little circles all over my face to remove any flaking skin. ill do this for 5-10 mins. depending on how flakey i am. then I will let the Jojoba sit on my face for 10 mins. after that i take a towel and gently wipe off the excess Oil and continue with the BP. It really helps to exfoliate off all that dead skin. good luck!

Good idea Karlie!!! I'll give this a try tonight. :dance:

I use a rag with cleanser two nights a week instead of hands. Exfoliating at its finest. :lol:

My most recent foray into exfoliating while on the Regimen was St. Ives Apricot Scrub (the Gentle version). At first, I really loved it, my skin seemed much softer and smoother after using it. But about a week and a half of using it later, I broke out a fair bit. I think it leaves a kind of residue on my skin, which makes it feel much nicer, but clogs my skin up. I've heard the same thing from someone else on a cosmetics/skincare review site.

So at the moment, when I feel I need it, after cleansing, I gently stroke/rub at the flaky areas with a wet face cloth (flannel/wash cloth depending on where you're from).

It works okay-ish but I think I'm going to try the baking soda thing next.

Me too, love it. Kept me clear for 4 years, stopped using it because of crappy reviews from acne.org, broke out in cystic acne for 4 monthes, started using it again, cleared up in >2 weeks. Won't stop using it for any reason now.

St. Ive's Blemish and Blackhead scrub once a week. I adore this stuff. ;)

Me too, my skin loves it. So many people hate it, but everyone is different. It got 80% on makeupalley, with almost 1000 responses consisting of 3/4 of them being acne-prone (I've spent an intire night reading all the responses before starting back up again). People, be GENTLE! REALLY GENTLE. My skin is baby butt smooth right now. I just can't say anything bad about it because it really worked for me.

Everyone is different, period.

10-12 drops and 5-10 minutes sounds over the top

It's the technique recommended by cool as kim deal and is an excellent method for controlling flakes. http://www.acne.org/messageboard/problems-...in-t162645.html

It's the technique recommended by cool as kim deal and is an excellent method for controlling flakes. http://www.acne.org/messageboard/problems-...in-t162645.html

Yeah but thats too long to exfoliate the face, five full minutes!

Whatever. It wont work on sensitive skin

Whatever yourself. If it's done gently it will work just fine EVEN for sensitive skin.

Weird, how would jojoba exfoliate, you don't need something even mildly abbraisive? I only exfoliate for 30 seconds gently TOPS. Maybe not even that. Jojoba to control flakes sounds pretty good though, I'm going to check out Kim's post to see how she does it.

Edit - I just read her post, it actually sounds like giving yourself an at home facial massage to improve circulation.

Weird, how would jojoba exfoliate, you don't need something even mildly abbraisive? I only exfoliate for 30 seconds gently TOPS. Maybe not even that. Jojoba to control flakes sounds pretty good though, I'm going to check out Kim's post to see how she does it.

Edit - I just read her post, it actually sounds like giving yourself an at home facial massage to improve circulation.

The gentle massage is enough to dislodge flakes while the jojoba is soothing and gentle and moisturizing at the same time.