Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello,

I'm becoming more and more convinced diet is a cause of my problems. I'm going to get some blood work done and determine any food intolerance and hormone imbalance. Plus, my diet is really aweful and needs some changing.

So from what I gather here, dairy and grains are BAD. That is fine, I have no attachment to either of those. I already have a very low dairy intake and can eliminate both IF I know what to replace them with.

I love eating meat, and I see that fat is a good thing? This would be perfect, because I'm trying to take in a lot of protein and fat to gain some weight. This is what I'm looking at:

Breakfast:

Eggs and low fat turkey bacon, maybe hash browns and sausage too

Orange juice/tea

Lunch:

Soup, carrots, more meat

Supper:

Rice, pork chops/chicken/fish

I know that's pretty vague but it's what I'm looking at right now. You'll notice my extreme lack of fruits/veggies. I really hate both of them! I do take a good multivitamin as well as zinc, fish oil, vitamin E and D.

Please give me your 2 cents on what I can do to improve my diet (acne wise).

By the way, my current condition is constant breakouts on chin (off to the sides) and corners of mouth. I get the occasional nasty bump on my jawline too. Random cysts by ears...basically a huge mess.

Thanks!

If you hate fruits and veggies, then look into green smoothies. http://www.acne.org/messageboard/FABULOUS-...-G-t108917.html Nutrient dense veggies are vital. Especially the dark green sulfur containing ones like spinach, kale, broccoli, etc.

But when you say you hate veggies, is it because you don't like plain boiled veggies? Because I don't like those either. There's very few that taste good that way. But that doesn't mean I don't like veggies. You don't like stir fry? Are those veggie free soups you are eating for lunch?

You know what I love?? Fresh grown granny smith apples off a tree, not from supermarket, yuck. Don't get veggies and fruits from supermarket, they are gross.

Also, you need fruits and veggies. No amount of pills can replace them. If you don't like them, wash lumps of them down with water, thats what I do for ones I can not stand, but I know I need them so I have them.

Look at the stickied post for B5 regimen, might interest ya :)

Hello,

I'm becoming more and more convinced diet is a cause of my problems. I'm going to get some blood work done and determine any food intolerance and hormone imbalance. Plus, my diet is really aweful and needs some changing.

So from what I gather here, dairy and grains are BAD. That is fine, I have no attachment to either of those. I already have a very low dairy intake and can eliminate both IF I know what to replace them with.

I love eating meat, and I see that fat is a good thing? This would be perfect, because I'm trying to take in a lot of protein and fat to gain some weight. This is what I'm looking at:

Breakfast:

Eggs and low fat turkey bacon, maybe hash browns and sausage too

Orange juice/tea

Lunch:

Soup, carrots, more meat

Supper:

Rice, pork chops/chicken/fish

I know that's pretty vague but it's what I'm looking at right now. You'll notice my extreme lack of fruits/veggies. I really hate both of them! I do take a good multivitamin as well as zinc, fish oil, vitamin E and D.

Please give me your 2 cents on what I can do to improve my diet (acne wise).

By the way, my current condition is constant breakouts on chin (off to the sides) and corners of mouth. I get the occasional nasty bump on my jawline too. Random cysts by ears...basically a huge mess.

Thanks!

your diet sounds fairly good so far..

I would have fruit with breakfast, instead of juice like:

Boiled eggs, strawberries, and sausage

and make sure to have a veggie with every meal. you can also have some kind of nuts between meals for a healthy source of fat.. almonds or walnuts are best

Thanks for the responses,

My favourite soup is potato.

I can do strawberries and watermelon and that's about it for fruits. For vegetables I like potatoes, carrots and corn. I'll have to try and expand on those.

Good idea on the nuts, I really like almonds.

Please keep the input coming!