Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pandaboy

To what lengths have you gone . . . . .??

Was having a terrible terrible breakout today. Was really trying to avoid people all day. It became so bad, I decided to walk down 20 flights!!!!!! of stairs just to avoid having to be in a lift with people on my floor for 20 seconds (I've got issues I know). The lighting in our elevator has these bright fluorescent lights that pretty much reveal every flaw on my face. I know it's so trivial but being in that tight space in really bright lighting makes me feel really uncomfortable.

It just got me wondering, to what crazy lengths have you gone to as a result of your acne??

I think I win hands down.

This was a lot of years ago, but remember it very well. I was probably 14 years old or so. I awoke in the morning and could hear my mom downstairs at the dining room table talking to a good friend. There was NO WAY I was going to walk down past them to get to the bathroom (and my make-up) because I knew my mom's friend would want to talk to me. I waited and waited and waited....but they just kept gabbing away. Pretty soon I had to go pee reeeeeaaaallllyyyy bad, and I couldn't hold it anymore! So I went pee into a cup that was in my room. All to avoid a confrontation with my zits.

Like I said, I win. :whistle:

I quit college and in the past I've taken long lengths of time off because I couldn't face going out on certain days, those days where you feel worse than usual.

Will be going back to college again in September, I'm about to enter month 4 of Accutane and while some improvement has been made I really hope it improves further, I'm starting to lose faith to be honest. But hey you never know, I've only just finished month 3 after all...

If I get rid of acne I might actually get somewhere in life, by that I mean putting the effort to be attend college and I could finally get a part time job so I can afford more luxuries. (rather than just selling old stuff and/or asking my parents for cash)

I actually did something similar to LukeEightynine, I quit an amazing job I had ( it was super fun and easy) because I had visited the dermatologist for the first time earlier that week and the medication he gave me didn't work well with my BareMinerals makeup. The derm said I would see more progress if i didn't wear makeup. My job was in the cosmetics department so makeup was a MUST.

The day I had to go to work I was feeling super guilty wearing makeup over my medication so I just opted to never go again and quit. I couldn't bare to let my co-workers see my then monster face. :(

I've skipped classes before. I was afraid of meeting new people because of their first impression, and that I would not be able to overcome it. Oh, and I wore a hat in public every single day. My forehead looked terrible.

This was a lot of years ago, but remember it very well. I was probably 14 years old or so. I awoke in the morning and could hear my mom downstairs at the dining room table talking to a good friend. There was NO WAY I was going to walk down past them to get to the bathroom (and my make-up) because I knew my mom's friend would want to talk to me. I waited and waited and waited....but they just kept gabbing away. Pretty soon I had to go pee reeeeeaaaallllyyyy bad, and I couldn't hold it anymore! So I went pee into a cup that was in my room. All to avoid a confrontation with my zits.

Hehe funny story. I just hope your cup was big enough!

Well, once I deribately scratched my knee/leg with a dull piece of metal so that it bled and looked scabbed and kinda bad. All because I wanted an excuse to stay home and not go to school. It worked...

I walked home instead of taking a bus ride. It's horrible on the bus. You're right next to all these strangers, locked in a small, hot area with terrible lighting... If you run into trouble, you can't walk away.

So I just avoid busses altogether nowadays. :)

Well, once I deribately scratched my knee/leg with a dull piece of metal so that it bled and looked scabbed and kinda bad. All because I wanted an excuse to stay home and not go to school. It worked...

Wow... That's intense. But, you know, I can totally see how scratching your knee is less of a torment than the things you run into out there from time to time. I really can.

Note: Not that I'm recommending people to go scratch themselves, though. But still.

Edited by I do not have acne

Hehe funny story. I just hope your cup was big enough!

hehe. I can't remember if it was big enough or not. I only remember the horror of going to such extreme measures.

I remember another time when I was about 1 or 2 acne years old. You know, back in the day when you actually thought you'd find the cure and all would be well. I got this bright idea that if those anti-infection ointments (that you put on before a band-aid) worked to prevent infection of wounds, then it should surely work to take away my zits. So I put it on every zit on my face, with a band-aid over each one (just in-case that helped). Then I went to bed early, fully expecting to wake up in the morning with clear skin. Boy was I stupid back then. The embarassing thing was that I went to bed really early, and my sister in law came up to my room and turned on the lights to talk to me. I can't remember if I buried my head under the covers and refused to come out or not. That part is a blur cuz I was on a mission to cure my face. :rolleyes:

lmao.. oh my, I can say I'm somewhat lucky I didn't went that far..

but I did miss being the top of the class due to avoiding standing in front of the class. and being not on the top caused me to lose motivation and in turned resulted to poor grades. argh, what a stupid me. >_< well, stupid acne me.

Wow... That's intense. But, you know, I can totally see how scratching your knee is less of a torment than the things you run into out there from time to time. I really can.

Note: Not that I'm recommending people to go scratch themselves, though. But still.

Well, it wasn't really that painful. I scraped it really slowly 'cause I didn't like the pain and it took me around 2h in total before I was done. Afterwards it just felt sore and stinging for a day or two. And the bad looking scab effect I accomplished by wearing very dark jeans afterwards and some of the fabrics got stuck on my wound when I took them off.

lmao.. oh my, I can say I'm somewhat lucky I didn't went that far..

but I did miss being the top of the class due to avoiding standing in front of the class. and being not on the top caused me to lose motivation and in turned resulted to poor grades. argh, what a stupid me. >_< well, stupid acne me.

Oh, I can relate. My grades have also suffered a lot because of acne and other things making my school life miserable.