Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lapis lazuli

Article on men with facial scarring...

Hate to put a negative spin on this, but in reading that article and also in speaking to girls in the past I really think this refers more to scars which have come as a result of an injury or accident. I'm sure a couple of minor acne scars wouldn't matter, but women like to associate the look of scars with bravery.

I doubt very much that women would find scars which have clearly come as a result of acne attractive. But I could be wrong. At the end of the day, as people have mentioned work on personality and confidence and that may overcome any other insecurities you may have.

I think guys with a bit of acne scarring is kinda hot! And I think it is what they say in the article, its still a sign of masculinity. I'd much prefer acne scarring on a guy then a huge scar from an injury... but that's just me!

what's with the disturbing avatar man?

don't need more doom and gloom here ;\

I would have to return the favor. I can't refuse a woman just because she has scarring. Humans are not perfect. I thought you were just supposed to accept your partner for who they are.

Men, however, regarded women with and without facial scars as equally attractive for both types of relationship

Clearly we're desperate to get laid.

You know, I had a woman tell me once that my scar made me look like a tough warrior, come to think of it... I thought she was just trying to make me feel better but after reading this article, I'm not that sure anymore. :lol:

In any case, I can't say that I've met that many women who get excited about scarring so this article is kind of surprising to me.

As for acne scars vs. scars due to trauma... I think the only difference is what the scarring is associated with. Which is also what some of you are saying, if I understood correctly. But ultimately a scar is a scar, really. So it's kinda weird. lol..

I would have to return the favor. I can't refuse a woman just because she has scarring. Humans are not perfect. I thought you were just supposed to accept your partner for who they are.

Right on.

There have been plenty of times when a woman lost interest in/rejected me solely because of my scarring. It says a lot about someone, I think. And none of it is good.

what's with the disturbing avatar man?

don't need more doom and gloom here ;\

Ain't it cool? :lol: Before this one I had a smiley that looked like it was being hit against the computer screen every few seconds. That one was cool, too. :)

At the end of the day, as people have mentioned work on personality and confidence and that may overcome any other insecurities you may have.

There's truth to that for sure.

Men, however, regarded women with and without facial scars as equally attractive for both types of relationship

Clearly we're desperate to get laid.

:lol:

When I was clearer, I had an affair with a fellow grad student (short lived, but intense), and he had some pretty significant scarring on his cheeks (no active acne). He had really low self confidence about his ability to be attractive to women, so he dated the same girl all through college. Slowly (by about age 28?) he started to realize he was pretty cool, not in spite of scarring, but just over all. He was tall and thin, funny, and looked at me like I was a movie star (even told me that once). He was cute, but not conventionally handsome. Good style, good politics, good taste in music.

I hear that he got married to his long time girlfriend, but continues to have affairs. Scars don't stop this man!

(in no way do I endorse extramarital affairs. My husband and I were just having a good laugh about him today).

When I was clearer, I had an affair with a fellow grad student (short lived, but intense), and he had some pretty significant scarring on his cheeks (no active acne). He had really low self confidence about his ability to be attractive to women, so he dated the same girl all through college. Slowly (by about age 28?) he started to realize he was pretty cool, not in spite of scarring, but just over all. He was tall and thin, funny, and looked at me like I was a movie star (even told me that once). He was cute, but not conventionally handsome. Good style, good politics, good taste in music.

I hear that he got married to his long time girlfriend, but continues to have affairs. Scars don't stop this man!

(in no way do I endorse extramarital affairs. My husband and I were just having a good laugh about him today).

Probably rich or extremely well off, that's why.

Probably rich or extremely well off, that's why.

Actually, we were all poor graduate students (making about 16K a year) back then. He is still a poor graduate student. His parents are divorced and middle class. He wears second hand clothes, rides a vintage bike everywhere, and is active in radical politics. The opposite of rich and well off!