Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Listen, I've been on these products for some time now. Recently I went off,rightly so, to see if perhaps the small pimples I was getting was perhaps from me clearing up and using the regimen was simply causing irritation. I regret the decision haha but whatever, I'm back on, I know it works, so I should be alright. However, as much as I hate going through the process of the regimen, I think what bugs me the most is the fact that whenever I go somewhere, and whip out the bottles they say ACNE right on them. I hate acne, it sucks, and when I get clear, it sucks that I am reminded that I have it, it makes me think about it. I'm sure this subject has come up, and maybe I am just being superficial, but why aren't these products named after Dan? I think they should be, I'd love to whip out a bottle of Dan Kern's Facial Cleanser, Or Dan Kern's BP or better yet Danny K's Moisturizer. Even better would be DK's facial products. I'd even buy a bottle of BP with dan's face on it! look at his skin now, its beautiful. Really, its tough being 22 and having to travel and go through the airport customs with a bunch of bottles of that say ACNE.org on them. I love this site, thank god, I'm back on the products and I won't doubt them again until I know I'm done, but I would love to pay an extra 30 cents for the extra ink that had dan's name on it. It would be like a specialty product, you know, something you can;t buy in stores, and thats way easier to explain to people then whipping out a bottle that has acne all over it. At least if it didn't say ACNE, you could say "oh well I have bad skin, but this Dan Kern specialty line gets the job done" not "ya I have acne, so I use ACNE on my acne." Theres enough social awkwardness about having acne, but since we can avoid having it, maybe we can avoid it in conversation now too? Whos with me... or am I alone. We love dan, he should be aloud to have his name on it, he's helped thousands of people. Or abbreviate Dan Kern's Acne Regimen DKAR, I know some use DKR but DKAR, that shits bad ass.

I completely agree, lol. I hate having 5 products around my bathroom sink that's labeled as Acne.org products. I'd love it if it said Dan Kern's Cleanser, BP, Moisturizer, etc. or something along those lines. Maybe put a small Acne.org label on the back or something, but that's it.

Dan, if you happen to read this, is it at all plausible that you'd be willing to make this change? If not, I hope Sharpie makes white versions of those permanent markers. :lol:

Good idea, I totally agree.

Dan should be allowed to put his own name on the label, DKR Skincare or summin sounds pretty dope!

Of course a link to acne.org is cool to put on the back of the label so that people know where to get the products.

Looking forward to a response from Dan!

Thats 4 votes danny boy! lets keep this one alive to see what kind of response we get. I mean I understand if its completely unfeasible financially, but you know, I'm sure this stuff can be changed at the end of every fiscal year or whatever. it can't be that costly for a change up of ink? I'm not really into ripping my labels off and drawing a big 1 2 and 3 down the bottles, its like I've got some home brewed skin care products laying around my house. We love you dan, get your name out there, I'd kill for a line of products with my name on it, and Dan Kern is a name I can get behind.

I have to agree that ACNE on the label is a little too pronounced. It would be nice to have something a little more discreet!

I seriously think that people get a little too worked up over what the bottles look like. The site you've buying them from is called Acne.org, so that's what it says on the bottles. So what? There's a product out there called ZapZyt too.

I just don't see why it's such a big deal. People have all sorts of products in their bathroom. Tampons, anti-fungal creams, hemorrhoid treatments... Bit deal. It's a product. No one's going to go into your bathroom and go, "Oh my GOD. You have bottles that say ACNE on them! I'm going to shun you forever, you cretin!".

I don't think I've ever judged anyone by what I've seen in their bathroom. In fact, I'm usually more curious about whether or not they have anything that might be worth looking into. If I'd never heard about Acne.org and was visiting someone that had Acne.org products in their bathroom, I'd just be like, "Hmm. That's pretty straight forward. Acne.org, huh? I'm gonna have to check that out when I get home.".

I don't see any reason for Dan to change his packaging. If you're that concerned about the containers your products are in, there are plenty of places where you can get umarked bottles, and you can transfer the products into them.

First of all, it is your bathroom cabinet. Anyone looking in there is invading your privacy. Airport security doesn't care if you have acne or not. They have to follow strict guidelines and deal with grumpy customers who complain. You're not going to be held back for questioning because of an acne bottle.

If one of your friends asks a question, just say "I have acne, so I found a website that advertises an acne regimen and I decided to try it." That's all. It's no different than having a Proactiv or clean and clear box lying around. Why are you trying to hide the fact that you're treating acne?

Based on the last two replies, the only people getting worked up are the people here who seem to be on the defense because some of us want discreet packaging.

I like my privacy, and I don't need to explain what products I use for anything: be it a fungal treatment, a hair treatment, whatever. I do not live in a big house with LOTS of cabinet space to put away my products so unfortunately for me I do not get to stash my ACNE.org bottles away.

I know and I am sure others know and have thought up ways around the issue, but making a request for an alternative packaging is a fair opinion to express and shouldn't receive so much backlash.

Why are you trying to advertise the fact that you are treating acne? I don't feel anyone needs to know about any sort of medical or personal condition I am addressing unless I want to share the information. And that is a personal choice I am allowed to make.

For me it's not even about having it stashed around the bathroom sink, although it kinda is. For me, it's more along the lines of when I want to go somewhere and have to take the products with me. Like say I go to a public pool and would like to bring the Acne.org Moisturizer along for after I'm done swimming. I'd rather not have this big 8 or 16oz. bottle laying next to my stuff that says Acne.org on it for all the girls to see, lol. Hell, my acne is mild enough that people don't seem to notice it too much anyway, so the last thing I want to do is bring attention to the matter that already bothers me to death as is, mild or not.

Oh well, this year I've been trying to get off the Acne.org regimen anyway, so it might not even be an issue for me much longer, but I totally get why people would rather have some different labeling.

It costs Dan money to print up the labels for his products, and to have to design and print up all new labels would cost even more money, which would probably result in an increase in product prices, and then people would be complaining about that.

And seeings as this is his site and product line, I don't see why he shouldn't be able to put the site and product's name right on the front of the bottle. It's no different than other brands.

Again, a simple solution if you're that conscious of how the products might come across to others is to just go buy unmarked bottles and transfer your products into them.

I seriously think that people get a little too worked up over what the bottles look like. The site you've buying them from is called Acne.org, so that's what it says on the bottles. So what? There's a product out there called ZapZyt too.

I just don't see why it's such a big deal. People have all sorts of products in their bathroom. Tampons, anti-fungal creams, hemorrhoid treatments... Bit deal. It's a product. No one's going to go into your bathroom and go, "Oh my GOD. You have bottles that say ACNE on them! I'm going to shun you forever, you cretin!".

I don't think I've ever judged anyone by what I've seen in their bathroom. In fact, I'm usually more curious about whether or not they have anything that might be worth looking into. If I'd never heard about Acne.org and was visiting someone that had Acne.org products in their bathroom, I'd just be like, "Hmm. That's pretty straight forward. Acne.org, huh? I'm gonna have to check that out when I get home.".

I don't see any reason for Dan to change his packaging. If you're that concerned about the containers your products are in, there are plenty of places where you can get umarked bottles, and you can transfer the products into them.

I dont see why thats a big deal either! People already know we have acne. Its not some big secret

I don't really see it as a big deal either, but I highly doubt the cost of printing up a new logo would hike the price up then more then a few cents. Thats more of a set up cost that would be incurred once. DKR would cost less to print then acne.org, actually, I really doubt there would be a difference. I'm more on the same lines T.J., if I go somewhere, its embarrassing to have it right out there. It's nothing I want to discuss with my friends, it makes things very awkward. I was pretty clear from the regimen, to the point where nobody knew I had acne so apart from the bottles, it would never come up. Unfortunately, I get really socially awkward when the subject of acne comes up, and I just avoid it at all costs, thats a personal thing. Anyway now I'm on AHA because I really just have clogged pores, so at this point I just rip the label off the cleanser and nobody really sees the AHA. I just really think Acne sucks, and I think the word Acne sucks, and if I could avoid it, I would. I honestly think DKR would actually sell better then Acne.org and thats a marketing point of view. This is not an attack against Dan, I just honestly think this would help more then not. If you like Acne.org thats great, I personally wish I could just use normal cleansers and that was it, so it kind of sucks to be reminded every morning I have to buy these chemicals to get the job done. I guess there's just a mental aspect of acne, the less its on your mind the better. I really see no harm in trying to get this changed and I'm really sorry if I personally offended anyone, but I'm a paying customer of 3 years, its my right to provide feedback. If you really love the name now, it likely won't be changed, so you alright. I started this thread to see if there would be enough of a response to get it changed, but can you honestly say you like acne.org better then something like DKR? I know acne.org represents a community, but it could still be on the back of the bottles somewhere?

Unfortunately, for those who think people don't get judged on how they look, what they do, or what products they have to use, I would like to introduce you to the real world. And it was never about that, it was about changing the name to something a little less reminding and maybe even a little more cool. We already have acne, the whole point is to get rid of it, so in a sense, ya we are all hiding it. However, its my humble opinion that its the mental game that destroys people with acne, so sometimes its the little things that make all the difference.

And then people can ask, "What's DKR"? Then you go into a long spiel about the regimen and acne. So what's the difference? :shrug:

A black sharpie is cheap.

Again, a simple solution if you're that conscious of how the products might come across to others is to just go buy unmarked bottles and transfer your products into them.

But then that would cost us more money. :razz:

It'd really be no different than what he did with the bottles. I haven't been here that long, but I guess he used to have blue bottles. It's not like we're saying, "Hey, could change this labeling...like now?" We're just saying maybe he could look into it as a possible future consideration before printing up even more Acne.org labels.

Well, I explained the difference for me, its the mental aspect. Anyway, thats probably just me, but posting on a forum is free right? Thought i'd see if there was anyone else who agreed, and I believe there is. I guess I would just say its the Dan Kern Regimen and they should look it up and completely avoid the subject of acne, if anyone actually were to ever ask that? But your right I'll just color my whole face in with a sharpie, thats much cheaper. :cool:

And then people can ask, "What's DKR"? Then you go into a long spiel about the regimen and acne. So what's the difference? :shrug:

A black sharpie is cheap.

Eh, I don't think most people would even care to ask what a few initials on some bottle means. I just say go with Daniel Kern's <insert product here> and put a small Acne.org logo elsewhere on the bottle, not blatantly on the front in big, bold letters. Something more elegant than that would be much more inviting and better received in general. We don't like acne as a condition. We don't like acne as a word! :naughty:

This is definitely an interesting conversation. Let's keep having it. I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand part of what I want to do is reduce the stigma of acne, so I kinda wanna encourage the attitude of, "Boom! Yeah, the products on my shelf say acne.org on them. So what!?" Plus, by saying Acne.org on the bottles, it's my hope that other people will see the bottles and come to the site and get cleared up.

On the other hand, I can see what you guys mean that it can be indiscreet. I thought about solving this problem by adding a sticker to the bottles that was removable. That way you could optionally peel off the "Acne.org" part. That got expensive to produce though, and I don't want to pass that extra expense on. But maybe it would be worth it to you guys. I dunno.

Ultimately, it's my goal to get the Acne.org brand so well known that it doesn't carry the stigma that it's just an "acne" brand. Stay with me here... :) ...we all get zits from time to time, so I think it would be cool if Acne.org became the brand that people know just doesn't break out the skin. It's not necessarily just for people with lots of acne, it's for everyone. Y'know?

Even as a consumer, I have mixed feelings about it too. On the one hand, I, and I'm sure most other people would condone the branding, and would want you to gain more awareness by putting the brand name on the bottle as a form of advertisement too I guess, but people do obviously have issues with discreetness, and even though it would be fantastic to eliminate the negative connotative and denotative meanings behind the word 'acne', they still remain today, and I believe this is largely responsible for all the conflict. It's quite a touchy subject! I must say though, it's relatively easy just to conceal the print with Tipp-Ex like I've said before, or another label over the top if you are sensitive to it. I could also mention potential psychological effects of seeing the label if you really were that sensitive, but I think that's a bit extreme, and it most certainly doesn't apply to the majority!

My two PENCE. ;)

Well I mean Dan thats a great explanation and thanks for weighing in, I was hoping you'd shed some light on your decision. Your fight against acne really is from all directions and I really appreciate that. I like the idea of the sticker, but ultimately I just pull the whole thing off anyway. So from my point of view I guess the cost increase wouldn't be worth it, for me anyway.

I guess I'm for discreteness, I'm a very private person, but your reasoning makes perfect sense. I also respect that you have built up a brand name that people have come to trust and if its your ultimate goal to reach everyone then I think its a good one. I think you could get it done by using your name, a name people have come to trust as well, but again this is a community and I guess there's a lot behind acne.org.

I really started this topic to see if there was a majority on this, and I don't think there is. I expected back lash but some people seem to be really invested in the name, which is great. My vote still goes towards the name change, but at the end of the day I still think these are super products and will always get behind them.

I don't care what it says on the label or whether the stuff comes in a tube or a bottle. As long as the price of the products (especially BP) stays low for the amount we get, I am happy! :D

That said, I don't really understand why the word "acne" in the label should be of any concern. Worry about the appearance of your your skin/face, not the appearance of the poor bottles! :(

I agree about a name change...

I live in a college dorm and have a public shower. My products are scattered on my nightstand and in my shower caddy. When I've got people in my room...I don't want a huge bottle of "ACNE.ORG" cleanser staring out at them. Up until earlier today (when I was sorta interested in the SA+ and decided to refil my cleanser anyway), I've always bought Cetaphil rather than the DKR cleanser. This is in part because of shipping costs...but the packaging doesn't make that decision hard at all!

Besides, label marketing is less effective than WOM. Acne.org attracts more people through water cooler mentions than it does its bottle design. And they don't have to be exclusive. If you call your products Daniel Kern Facial Cleanser, Acne Treatment, Moisturizer, etc...when people search for those products, they'll be redirected to this site anyway. And a more subtle, luxurious design might be beneficial to the business.

On another note, why not sell environmentally friendly refills for those of us that have our own containers? Aveda does this with their acne cleanser...

This is definitely an interesting conversation. Let's keep having it. I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand part of what I want to do is reduce the stigma of acne, so I kinda wanna encourage the attitude of, "Boom! Yeah, the products on my shelf say acne.org on them. So what!?" Plus, by saying Acne.org on the bottles, it's my hope that other people will see the bottles and come to the site and get cleared up.

On the other hand, I can see what you guys mean that it can be indiscreet. I thought about solving this problem by adding a sticker to the bottles that was removable. That way you could optionally peel off the "Acne.org" part. That got expensive to produce though, and I don't want to pass that extra expense on. But maybe it would be worth it to you guys. I dunno.

Ultimately, it's my goal to get the Acne.org brand so well known that it doesn't carry the stigma that it's just an "acne" brand. Stay with me here... :) ...we all get zits from time to time, so I think it would be cool if Acne.org became the brand that people know just doesn't break out the skin. It's not necessarily just for people with lots of acne, it's for everyone. Y'know?

I like the sticker idea. It just depends on how much more expensive you're talking, so maybe you could let us know. I couldn't imagine it costing that much extra per bottle. Your products are so affordable compared to many other popular acne treatments as is, so I wouldn't mind handing over a dollar or two more to get more discreet packaging.