Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ianyniu

Ianyniu's Regimen Log

Day 1 - March 29th, 2009

Started the Regimen today at 11pm. Followed instructions (IMO) very carefully. Starting tomorrow morning, I plan on doing it twice a day around 7am and 7pm. I also plan on taking a picture every Sunday to mark the progress (or regression) of my acne. Hopefully I'll be able to remember to keep up to date with my logs. I'm not expecting myself to write very long entries, just short entries to make sure I'm sticking with the Regimen.

Day 2 - March 30th

Treated my acne twice today, once at 7am and again at 8pm. I wonder if I'm perhaps not spreading the treatment and moisturizer onto my face gently enough because it feels like I don't require nearly as much time as Daniel Kern uses to apply the products. Another issue is the amount of treatment. I use about half of a full pump of the treatment without any flaking or dryness. Does this mean I can start increasing the amount of BP I apply to my acne?

Day 3 - March 31st

Treated my acne twice today, again at 7am and 8pm. Still wondering if perhaps I'm spreading my treatment and moisturizer too roughly or quickly. Tomorrow I'll try to time how long it takes me to spread the BP and moisturizer. Not too much change, although I think I'm noticing that I touch my face less than before. That's all for now.

Day 4 - April 1st

Woke up late and missed my 7am morning treatment. I was just wondering, even if I wake up really late, should I still do my treatment? To add to consideration, what if I were going to play a sport in which I'd sweat a lot, such as soccer, just a few hours later? Knowing that I would be showering after the soccer game, should I still do my treatment or just skip my treatment as a whole? I remember reading Daniel Kern saying that it is really important to treat my acne twice a day.

On a slightly separate note, did my evening treatment at 11pm today. Still wondering if I'm spreading my treatment and moisturizer too roughly or quickly. Hopefully time will tell. Also experiencing more irritation, redness, and itchiness. Perhaps I should use less BP in my treatments? The only problem I see with that is I feel as though less BP wouldn't be enough for me to spread to every part of my acne affected areas. Hmm... what to do?

Day 5 - April 2nd

Woke up and did 7am treatment. This time my skin was really irritated and red. My skin is also starting to become really dry and rough (would flaky be a better word?). Forgot evening treatment.

Day 6- April 3rd

Forgot both morning and night treatments today. Still using moisturizer though because my skin is still feeling very dry.

Day 7 - April 4th

Missed both treatments and skin is starting to feel less dry. I think starting tomorrow, I'll tone down my treatments to once a day, in the morning. Perhaps after another 2 weeks, if my skin isn't terribly dry or rough, and I'm not experiencing too much irritation, then I'll increase to 2 treatments. A couple questions:

1. Does it matter if I use a face wash besides the starter-kit cleanser for washing my face at night when I don't do my treatment?

2. If I still experience irritation and my skin is still really dry and rough, should I use less BP until my skin "gets used to it"?

3. If I do use less BP, how do I manage to spread it all over my acne affected areas? Currently, the amount I use seems like it's just enough to cover my acne affected areas.

Day 8 - April 5th

Skipped night treatment as my acne affected areas are still very dry and flaky.

Day 9 - April 6th

Skipped night treatment as my acne affected areas are still very dry and flaky.

Day 10 - April 7th

Performed night treatment at 9pm. Also noted that I forgot to take picture on Sunday so I took it today. Skin starting to feel less dry.

Day 11 - April 8th

Forgot to perform treatment.

Day 1

Started the Regimen today at 11pm. Followed instructions (IMO) very carefully. Starting tomorrow morning, I plan on doing it twice a day around 7am and 7pm. I also plan on taking a picture every Sunday to mark the progress (or regression) of my acne. Hopefully I'll be able to remember to keep up to date with my logs. I'm not expecting myself to write very long entries, just short entries to make sure I'm sticking with the Regimen.

Day 2

Treated my acne twice today, once at 7am and again at 8pm. I wonder if I'm perhaps not spreading the treatment and moisturizer onto my face gently enough because it feels like I don't require nearly as much time as Daniel Kern uses to apply the products. Another issue is the amount of treatment. I use about half of a full pump of the treatment without any flaking or dryness. Does this mean I can start increasing the amount of BP I apply to my acne?

Hey, good luck on the regimen!! I'm currently on my 7th week with it.

I would wait at least 4-6 weeks before you up the dosage of the BP. You start off too fast, your skin will not adjust and then you'll be dealing with red, itching and flaky skin. Trust me. Also, many people make this mistake and end up complaining about it. SO my advice, take it slow. :angel: You can moisturize as much as possible, from what I read. Good luck and I look forward to your oncoming progress.

Day 1

Day 2

I would wait at least 4-6 weeks before you up the dosage of the BP. You start off too fast, your skin will not adjust and then you'll be dealing with red, itching and flaky skin. Trust me. Also, many people make this mistake and end up complaining about it. SO my advice, take it slow. :angel: You can moisturize as much as possible, from what I read. Good luck and I look forward to your oncoming progress.

Thanks for the advice bright_eyes! I appreciate it!

Cheers.

Day 1

Day 2

Thanks for the advice bright_eyes! I appreciate it!

Cheers.

NP!!!! :angel: