Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ennuh

Eat more Salt (non refined, non iodized) - get rid of acne in a few days

I have tried eating Natural, unrefined, non-iodized Salt like this described in the thread with each meal. It took me   

7 members have voted

1. 1. 1 day before I saw an improvement

• 2 days before I saw an improvement
    • 3 days before I saw an improvement
    • 4 days before I saw an improvement
    • 5 days before I saw an improvement
    • 1 week before I saw an improvement
    • I did not effectively eat the salt because I couldn't stand the taste
    • I tried it, exactly as described in the thread, for at least a week and honestly see no change at all.

Hi guys,

Salt. Yes Salt. Natural, unrefined, non-iodized Salt. It is a very strong anti histamine and thereby fights inflammation. It is also an important electrolyte. Salt is also needed to build the acid in your stomach to digest the food. There is a reason why people called it white gold. People always tell us don't eat too much salt, salt is bad for you. Yeah. It is true that refined salt, that we get in most of our foods and fast foods is bad for us. It usually also contains a bunch of Iodine which is known to worsen acne.

Natural Salt on the other hand contains many minerals like magnesium that are very important for us. It does not contain iodine.

I tried eating Natural salt for about 5 days now. The best way is to just put some of the salt on your hand and then lick it with the tongue. It's just like the salt on pretzels so it doesn't taste that bad actually.

After day 3 I already noticed a huge difference. Spots that just wouldn't clear up and olds scars healed. It also helped me to get rid of my histamine intolerance (for example itching after I drink orange juice or eat tomatoes) in only 3 days.

Yesterday I experienced the most amazing thing. I knew the salt had helped my body to fight bad stuff more effective so I wanted to really know it this time. I ate a pizza with lots of cheese and tomatoes, an hour later a bunch of ice cream and later on a big portion of nachos with cheese sauce. Between the ice cream and the nachos I ate some of my natural salt because i also read salt reduces the level of sugar in your blood (high sugar is bad for acne as we all know).

This combination of food would usually give me a bad bad itching and very bad skin the next day. Now the amazing thing. Nothing happened. I know sit here one day later and my skin is like I never ate that stuff. :D

Give it a try, you won't regret it.

How to eat the Salt:

1.) Buy your Salt. it is important that your salt is Natural, unrefined and does not supply Iodine. Buy the most expensive salt you can find! I got mine (14oz) for about $5, This will last for I guess about a year so that's a pretty good deal. Don't buy cheap salt for less just to safe $2.

2.) Eat the Salt (see picture for the amount of salt I use) after you finished the meal (2 or max. 3 times a day). Put it on your hand and just lick it off. You can drink a little bit of water to get rid of the taste.

General Tips:

Tip 1.) If you eat something try to avoid drinking something with your food as this always dilutes your stomach acid which is bad for your digestion. Don't drink much 10 minutes before and until 60 minutes after your meal.

Tip 2.) Try to avoid binch eating.

One important thing: If you try this please don't eat too much salt. Is in everything too much of something is bad for you. If you feel a headache or something don't take more salt. Wait a day and then continue with a little less salt.

post-90229-1238299503_thumb.jpg

post-90229-1238299510_thumb.jpg

post-90229-1238299516_thumb.jpg

post-90229-1238299503_thumb.jpg

post-90229-1238299510_thumb.jpg

post-90229-1238299516_thumb.jpg

i don't want to take the poll just yet, I have some questions. Frist of all I have all natural, I guess unrefined sea salt from spain that I got a while back and was wondering if that would be what you would recommend? It is also non iodized and doesn't really taste salty. Do you recommend taking it after every meal or just something that makes you break out? There was a thread on this somewhere and I think that the op just used regular salt. Thanks Elf

You forgot a poll option or two:

* Salt causes bloating so I'll avoid lots of it

* Salt can cause increased blood pressure so I'll avoid lots of it.

* Excess salt can cause electrolyte imbalances so I'll avoid lots of it.

Ennuh - i don't know if you read this, but there is a big thread about salt helping to clear acne, originally posted by LiliVG (i think thats right).

he doesn't emphasize how important it is to get non-iodized salt. Iodine is responsible for the bad skin.

@ elfgirl :I recommend taking the salt directly after the meals

@jdub45: I got mine at krogers. I don't want to advertise any brand. Any good non-iodized, unrefined salt will do.

he doesn't emphasize how important it is to get non-iodized salt. Iodine is responsible for the bad skin.

Indeed , I agree.

Sea salt FTW^^

@ elfgirl :I recommend taking the salt directly after the meals

@jdub45: I got mine at krogers. I don't want to advertise any brand. Any good non-iodized, unrefined salt will do.

people are using sea salt ..... >_>

I read in LivIng's thread (I think thats the username) that sea salt that is white has been refined, so they instructed getting some sort of unrefined celtic salt that has all natural minerals.. Anyone tried this?

This depends on what else you eat. You need to eat foods that are not already full of salt otherwise, it's unlikely that you need to supplement and are most likely already getting too much salt. And monitor your blood pressure.

Also, btw, there are many other natural anti-histamines like Vitamin C and several phyto-nutrients, things that stimulate stomach acids like cayenne, and things that help blood sugar like exercise, chromium, cinnamon, etc.

Yeah, iodine definitely causes acne. Thats why every Asian you see is covered in zits. Oh wait no.

I support this thread, and iodine can exacerbate acne in some individuals.

However, it is an essential nutrient, and does not cause acne for the vast majority.

Whether iodine affects this experiment or not, I don't know. I'm just making a note that the iodine=acne rumor is most definitely not always true.

Iodine does not CAUSE acne; however, it has been shown to exacerbate it in individuals who are already affected.

Anecdotally, the amount of iodine consumed appears to be directly related to the amount of outbreak. My daughter uses non-iodiozed salt at home and eats the regular stuff when out. If she avoids shellfish, she seems to be okay. She can eat a few (3) shrimp every couple of weeks and not break out. Any more and her skin goes nuts.

any one have updates on this? I think that it has helped me a lot. I only take it after I eat something like sweets or huge amounts of dairy. And I don't have high blood pressure. Elf

Refined salt ^

I use Dr mercola's recommended brand of pink crystal himayalan sea salt. Its expensive but worth it. and its more salty than regular salt.. so you need less... I think that makes it cost effective

Sorry for the horrendous bump (I googled this topic), but I'll be thankful for any answer.

Is it okay with any iodine-free salt that's pure NaCl or does it have to be with magnesium and stuff?

I use Rose Salt. That's better than the sea salt, right? It's definitely more expensive...

Nutritional Information for Rose Salt:

Essential Minerals

Per 100 grams

Iron 3.3 mg

Potassium 432 mg

Calcium 477 mg

Magnesium 125 mg

Copper .05 mg

Zinc <.01 mg

Sodium 386 mg

Salt is really not so villainous.

http://www.fathead-movie.com/index.php/201...alt-on-science/

Also, I think Gary Taubes did a pretty decent article in Science about the salt controversy.

Google it.

Personally, I don't think I get enough salt so should try to make an effort to remember to always sprinkle a similar amount of salt on my food. I don't know about licking it off my palm.

But this depends on what else you eat. You need to eat foods that are not already full of salt otherwise, it's unlikely that you need to supplement and are most likely already getting too much salt. And monitor your blood pressure.

And if it's about the histamines, there are many other natural anti-histamines like Vitamin C and several phyto-nutrients, things that stimulate stomach acids like cayenne, and things that help blood sugar like exercise, chromium, cinnamon, etc.

And if it's about blood sugar, there are also many other foods, nutrients, spices and habits that improve blood sugar that don't have detrimental effects.