Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sydneii

What should i wash my face with?

yeah, i know i'm a little young but i need some advice. my skin is sensitive and it gets shiny on my forehead and nose. i have blackheads, marks from pimples, and a few pimples.

i want something that's gentle yet effective...i actually like using soap because i just like simple things, but i don't know which one i should use.

thanks!

I feel your pain especially being so young. I would say your best option is asking your parents to take you to a Derm.

This age is the best to start seeing one.

If your face is sensitive, I suggest not using a facial cleanser with any acne medication. My skin is sensitive too, and using those products just dry out my skin terribly.

I use Clinique's 3-step method but it is quite exspensive (like $40) talk to your parents about that. Or you can go to your local target or CVS and see what they have. You just want to use a basic skin cleanser. I also like Pears Soap bar. It's really nice, gentle, and cleans my face well. It's inexspensive ($3 for a bar) It's a gylcerin bar, so it's non-comodegenic and doesn't contain animal fat or oil.

I feel your pain especially being so young. I would say your best option is asking your parents to take you to a Derm.

This age is the best to start seeing one.

i know. i've asked my mom a lot, but she never has time to make an appointment...

If your face is sensitive, I suggest not using a facial cleanser with any acne medication. My skin is sensitive too, and using those products just dry out my skin terribly.

I use Clinique's 3-step method but it is quite exspensive (like $40) talk to your parents about that. Or you can go to your local target or CVS and see what they have. You just want to use a basic skin cleanser. I also like Pears Soap bar. It's really nice, gentle, and cleans my face well. It's inexspensive ($3 for a bar) It's a gylcerin bar, so it's non-comodegenic and doesn't contain animal fat or oil.

i've used clinique 3-step. it dried out my face a lot.

and pears is good. but does it help with acne?

lol clinique 3 step is terrible lol

use dove unscented beauty bar

its great..only thing I can handle and it clears my acne really well

I highly recommend a gentle cleanser plus the 2% BHA gel from www.cosmeticscop.com ..... see if you can get your mom to sit down, take a look, and order.

You do not want a drugstore cleanser, trust me, and certainly not one that claims to be formulated for acne. Most of them are excessively harsh and not pH-balanced.

At your age, you really don't want to over-treat or irritate your skin. The products on the site I'm recommending are well-formulated, pH-balanced, and non-irritating.

lol clinique 3 step is terrible lol

use dove unscented beauty bar

its great..only thing I can handle and it clears my acne really well

i used the dove beauty bar. sometimes it left a film on my face. ugh.

can anyone recommend a mild medicated soap for acne? that's what it says to use for young, teenage skin.

hey guys, thanks for your help!

i found a good cleanser, the neutrogena bar for acne prone skin. i like it, it makesmy face feel clean ALL DAY! and my face doesn't get shiny! also, my face looks healthier. :D

I would also like to second LionQueen, you should be careful not to over treat your skin as it can lead to more breakouts. From your description, it doesn't sound like your skin is really bad, just a few pimples. I use to have a few pimples but due to irritating my skin with tons of products my skin got really bad.

I hope that the neutrogena soap works for you;)

http://www.iherb.com/Desert-Essence-Thorou...40-ml/3578?at=0

That is my favorite cleanser. I sister also started using it about a month ago and she loves it as well. It doesnt dry the skin out much and has some really good ingredients.

I also recommend using the same brands tea tree oil and jojoba oil to help out too. I think you can find all these products at Trader Joes and Whole Foods... I usually buy online though so sorry if you cant :(

I am also terribly sorry that your mother hasn't taken your need for clear skin as seriously as every parent ought to. How does it make you feel that she hasn't taken you to a dermatologist?