Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mezzer

Dan's Regimen without moisturiser

Basically I've been using Dan's Cleanser and Benzoyl Peroxide and been applying it like he said twice a day for 6 months and my skin is finally clear. I still get the odd cystic spots on the cheeks from time to time and am now left mainly with red marks and small picks.

When I started using the Benzoyl Peroxide I used a very small amount as it made my skin VERY flaky, so I would moisturise a little. But because I have been using it for so long I can now get away with applying 4 pumps, leaving a tiny bit of flaky looking skin.

What I found is that by moisterising it makes the red marks look brighter, whereas when you don't moisterise the red marks are not as noticeable.

Anyone notice this?

You definitely want to moisturize.

Dry skin = premature aging(wrinkles).

this x1000

I have been on the regimen for about a year now and no longer need to moisturize. Not only does it improve the overall appearance of your skin not to moisturize (moisturizing creates shine which exposes old acne marks), but after your skin has adapted to the BP your skin will no longer dry out. Truly, 30 minutes after applying the BP my skin is as supple as any other time. The only times I moisturize now are when most other people do, like when the weather demands it, etc.

Basically I've been using Dan's Cleanser and Benzoyl Peroxide and been applying it like he said twice a day for 6 months and my skin is finally clear. I still get the odd cystic spots on the cheeks from time to time and am now left mainly with red marks and small picks.

When I started using the Benzoyl Peroxide I used a very small amount as it made my skin VERY flaky, so I would moisturise a little. But because I have been using it for so long I can now get away with applying 4 pumps, leaving a tiny bit of flaky looking skin.

What I found is that by moisterising it makes the red marks look brighter, whereas when you don't moisterise the red marks are not as noticeable.

Anyone notice this?

you think i should change my moisturizzer or put more ???? im afraid of using too much thinking that it may cause more pimples to pop out.. its really frustrating

So, I've been using the regimen for about a week and a half I think, maybe a bit longer, with Dan's products. I was using BP before that too. I only used moisturizer for a few days in the regimen. When I initially applied it the burning was crazy. The next time I applied moisturizer I mixed in an equal amount of jojoba oil and there was no burn. Just got tired of moisturizing. I had some acne flare up on my forehead, but with continued BP application it's going away and I just haven't wanted to moisturize at all because with the exception of my forehead my skin was getting better.

I may have had some dry, irritated skin in the beginning but my skin adjusted pretty quickly. Any flakiness I had must have been taken care of with my clarisonic brush which I've used at least a few times in the past week or so.

It seems that my skin is finally reacting positively to the BP after getting a bit worse, and is fine without moisturizer. If your skin is not flaky or irritated is there really any need for moisturizer besides getting wrinkles? (which I think may be a myth anyway)