Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My son has been on Accutane since mid December and now is on his 14th week-he has alot on his cheeks and some on his chin and I am getting panicky again. I don't want to bother him, and he says his derm says he is doing fine. He is on 40 mg 2X a day. Any words of encouragement? He does not seem to be too bothered by it, going out and going to work and going on interviews. He is away at college and I only physically see him every 2 weeks or so.

I wouldn't be worried at all. Most people that I've talked to don't see MAJOR improvement until the end of the course. Some see it at month 3 and 4 and it sounds like your son is just finishing up month 3. After seeing dermatologists on and off since I was 12 (i'm 24) and hearing it always gets worse before it gets better, don't expect immediate results, I've learned how true that is!! I started with no expectation to be completely clear until the end of it. And that has hellped. Again, I wouldn't worry! Just keep riding it out. He's also on a high dose so keep that in mind.