Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rdpg

Moisturizer. Is this a bad idea?

Hi,

I have been on the regimen for about a month and am still having issues with flaking. I apply moisturizer morning and night but my skin still flakes quite noticeably in certain places.

Is it ok to periodically moisturize certain areas during the day to combat this? Will this work against me and increase acne?

I am using an oil-free moisturizer from Neutrogena.

Thanks..........

Are you kidding me? Sometimes in the last few weeks I've heavily moisturized like 5-6 times a day :) Go ahead and get rid of those flakes.

Yeah, I went crazy for awhile. The only side effect is shinyness...if you are willing to deal with it.

If you can't get rid of flakes, I would recommend bumping down on BP a little. I did this personally, but only after I became clear...so I dealt with the flakes for a few months. Hopefully you won't have to, but it is something to keep in mind.

i had this same question when i first started. it didn't affect my skin negatively when i moisturized more than the regimen said to.

Although I do not recommend this for people new to the regimen, I do not moisturize at all. I have been on the regimen for about a year, am totally acne free, do the regimen only once daily, and have been off all moisturizers for a good three months. Though I would not recommend jettisoning the moisturizer straight away for beginners, I would, however, recommend Olay Complete as opposed to Dan's moisturizer. For some reason Dan's moisturizer makes a lot of people's faces red.