Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thethunder

It Came Back, Someone Please Reply This Time

Like I said, I was clearer than I'd been in years, but just a day or two ago, I had five cysts show up on the area just to the right and left of my chin, below my mouth, which has always been my problem area. Always.

I cut milk out of my diet, and it all went away instantly, and I was clear for about a month (best month I've had since I was fifteen...acne kind of ruined my teenage years), but it all of a sudden came back. One Cyst is very, very deep and has spent the last four days slowly growing, and it still isn't very large, another showed up underneath an old scar, is massive, bright red, and rock hard, theres another small one to the left of it. Theres also one from where i squeezed out an old one (agitating my skin).

This all kind of coincides with the worst breakout of canker sores I've had in my mouth...pretty much ever. I had three on my tongue, including one on the very end, and two on the inside of my lip. They're somewhat going away now, but because of them, I've been eating really badly and very little, as it hurts too much to eat. Would there be any relation?

Also, I've made three or four threads on this board since I found it about a year ago, and not a soul has ever replied, so I'd really enjoy hearing from someone this time, maybe with something that could help.

I am so sorry this happened. I cant really think of an explanation. But, if 5 cysts came up over night and you mouth is breaking out in sores it may be an allergic reaction. That just doesnt sound like a normal acne breakout to me. I know this is probably not the advice you want but I would go to your doctor and see whats going on. It just sounds odd to me. Hope you feel better by the way :)

I am so sorry this happened. I cant really think of an explanation. But, if 5 cysts came up over night and you mouth is breaking out in sores it may be an allergic reaction. That just doesnt sound like a normal acne breakout to me. I know this is probably not the advice you want but I would go to your doctor and see whats going on. It just sounds odd to me. Hope you feel better by the way :)

I had never thought about it being allergic....I wonder what it would be to. Hmm.....It would have to be a food right?

I thought about going to the doctor....but I really can't afford it right now...

Thank you for your reply.

What is your current regimen? Thats so sad no one ever replied to your threads :(

Morning:

Calcium, Zinc, Selenium, Multivitamin Supplements

Shave, Shower: Dove Soap, Salicyclic acid.

Evening:

Delicate rinse with warm water, Clearasil Alcohol-based cleanser pad, 10% BP on affected area.

No milk, No nuts. Occasionally I'll attack something that seems to have a head with a sterilized needle. Since its on my chin, I can usually push the skin from behind with my tongue to drain, but the sores in my mouth kind of prevent that right now. Squeezing with my fingers results in more cysts.

Just the tiniest touch seems to make my skin go crazy. Its all cysts, at varying depths beneath my skin, some are so deep I'm surprised I can't feel them inside my mouth, others so shallow I'm surprised there's no head. Big, hard cysts, too.

Could it be your skin is sensitive to the products you are using on your face?

Clearsil was defintely one of reason why it made my acne worse in the past.

What stopped my acne was cutting off coffee from my diet but I still got some small red bumps around my mouth until I stopped using dove soap too.

Now I just rinse with only water at least twice a day but I heard even that's too much for your face to handle. My skin is still oily but no irritation so far, except for the red spot on my left eyelid because I drink too much beer.

Could it be your skin is sensitive to the products you are using on your face?

Clearsil was defintely one of reason why it made my acne worse in the past.

What stopped my acne was cutting off coffee from my diet but I still got some small red bumps around my mouth until I stopped using dove soap too.

Now I just rinse with only water at least twice a day but I heard even that's too much for your face to handle. My skin is still oily but no irritation so far, except for the red spot on my left eyelid because I drink too much beer.

Yeah, I didnt mention that I cut off caffeine too.

I never thought that the clearasil would make it worse, would it be the alcohol pad or the BP? and how you it make it worse?

My face was hurting everytime I used it. I don't remember specific names of them since I haven't used them in awhile. I used the normal clearasil (I think it was called daily) and then acne scar healing clearasil (ultra something like that). The latter one really broke me out and my face went crazy the next day I woke up after using it. From 1-2 new pimples a week to 2-5 new pimples a day (by this time I was drinking coffee daily as well). But I also tried alcohol (the ones that you buy at the drug store). I soaked it up on the cotton and rubbed it on my face where pimples were, which was all over. But it didn't do anything for me - not worse, not better. Then I switched back to a bar soap (Irish Spring) the one that I use to wash it with before clearasil, and then switched to the dove soap around the time I stopped drinking coffee, and just last week I don't use any products at all.

I don't know what is causing yours but I'm guessing you are washing your face too much and those clean products, including soaps, can be too harsh on your skin. It's been about a year since I had no acne breakouts, but yours sound very serious, especially a month of cleared face and then breaks out like that so I could be wrong since everyone is different and how our body reacts.

My face was hurting everytime I used it. I don't remember specific names of them since I haven't used them in awhile. I used the normal clearasil (I think it was called daily) and then acne scar healing clearasil (ultra something like that). The latter one really broke me out and my face went crazy the next day I woke up after using it. From 1-2 new pimples a week to 2-5 new pimples a day (by this time I was drinking coffee daily as well). But I also tried alcohol (the ones that you buy at the drug store). I soaked it up on the cotton and rubbed it on my face where pimples were, which was all over. But it didn't do anything for me - not worse, not better. Then I switched back to a bar soap (Irish Spring) the one that I use to wash it with before clearasil, and then switched to the dove soap around the time I stopped drinking coffee, and just last week I don't use any products at all.

I don't know what is causing yours but I'm guessing you are washing your face too much and those clean products, including soaps, can be too harsh on your skin. It's been about a year since I had no acne breakouts, but yours sound very serious, especially a month of cleared face and then breaks out like that so I could be wrong since everyone is different and how our body reacts.

Hmm, I dont have the clearasil scar stuff, I think i have the daily stuff. And I only wash (it's more of a rinse) my face twice a day.

I did jones soda a few days before I broke out which, I didn't know, had milk in it. Would there be that big of a delay in a breakout? 2-3 days?

Twice a day is a bit much with clearasil imo. I use to use it 3x a day.

I honestly don't know if jones soda have caused your cyst breakouts since I don't have any problems with dairy products but that's possible. But knowing you said your skin stopped breaking out when you stopped drinking milk immidiately - but for me I had to wait for 3 weeks before I saw the result when I stopped drinking coffee - I could see that that might be the problem of yours. For those times that I drank coffee, I never saw the problem or any symptons except acne. But when I went "cold turkey" on coffee for 2 weeks, I didn't see that much of a difference, and so I thought, "hey, how can one bottle of ice coffee hurt me?" So I drank that bottle and saw my face swallowed with red spots and then I knew that coffee was the main reason for my acne breakouts. And then a week after that not touching coffee at all my acne subdued and no more breakouts since then.

Twice a day is a bit much with clearasil imo. I use to use it 3x a day.

I honestly don't know if jones soda have caused your cyst breakouts since I don't have any problems with dairy products but that's possible. But knowing you said your skin stopped breaking out when you stopped drinking milk immidiately - but for me I had to wait for 3 weeks before I saw the result when I stopped drinking coffee - I could see that that might be the problem of yours. For those times that I drank coffee, I never saw the problem or any symptons except acne. But when I went "cold turkey" on coffee for 2 weeks, I didn't see that much of a difference, and so I thought, "hey, how can one bottle of ice coffee hurt me?" So I drank that bottle and saw my face swallowed with red spots and then I knew that coffee was the main reason for my acne breakouts. And then a week after that not touching coffee at all my acne subdued and no more breakouts since then.

Ah, I only use the clearasil once a day. In the morning i use a light stridex pad.

Hmm, too bad i only noticed it had milk in it until after i drank another today.

The soda could've done it. When I eat bad food it takes about 2-4 days for my skin to breakout, so it's a possibility that it's the same with you (it is almost always that big of a delay).

The soda could've done it. When I eat bad food it takes about 2-4 days for my skin to breakout, so it's a possibility that it's the same with you (it is almost always that big of a delay).

Hmm. Well Dang. Like I said before, I only noticed it had milk in it after I drank yet another one yesterday.