Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pyromanic

World's Healthiest Foods

6 members have voted

1. 1. Do you find the World's Healthiest Food site helpful to you in any way?

• Yes
    • Somewhat
    • No

EDIT: Moderators have removed links. Just google "whfoods" and it's the first thing that comes up.

Hello! I just thought I'd post up this site which has been very useful to me in the past in my quest to making myself healthier and curing my acne from the inside out. The site provides a list of 129 of what the WHFood Organisation deem to be the most healthiest foods available after meeting a criteria list. The World's Healthiest foods are:

1. The most nutrient dense

2. Whole foods

3. Familiar foods (those available straight from the grocery shop)

4. Readily available

5. Affordable

6. Taste good

Not only does the site list the food, but each food has a detailed information page which tells you the health benefits, description, history, how to select and store, how to enjoy, safety, nutritional profile and references used for the information (so you know it's not just anecdotal). There is also an indepth nutritional profile for each of the WH foods.

The site goes further to promote healthy eating, by providing a list of all the essential nutrients needed by the body as well as a detailed info page for each of the nutrients providing information on description, function, deficiency symptoms, toxicity symptoms, cooking and storage, factors affecting function, drug nutrient interaction, nutrient interaction, health conditions, supplements, food sources and daily intake recommendations.

There is also a food advisor, which allows you to figure out what nutrients you are deficient in, which is very helpful and the second best thing to having your blood tested. Also, there are a few hundred recipes which use the healthiest cooking methods (those that minimise nutrient loss).

Anyway, I've babbled on long enough, so here is the site, as well as the links to those important sections I've been talking about, and a quick article about diet and acne, as well as healing with foods.

*Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules. *

I hope this site helps you as much it still does for me, in improving my lifestyle, as well as curing my acne.

I like that site a lot, I seem to end up there every time I search for a food's benefits. I always google things like "avocado benefits" for instance and always go there.. I've pretty much read their entire list of healthy foods and find it really helpful and interesting.

Thx for this.

Now I've decided to add more healthy food into my diet. I was terrified to try new food.

Time to buy -

Quinoa

Sweet potatoes

Lean red meat ( 1-2 times a week )

Zinc 50mg

Multi-vitamin

Fish oil or flax seeds ( which is better? )

I like the site quite a bit...evidenced by the fact that it's listed in my profile.

Particularly helpful is their "How to Select and Store" bit. Really great if you're trying out a new food you've never bought before.

Thx for this.

Now I've decided to add more healthy food into my diet. I was terrified to try new food.

Time to buy -

Quinoa

Sweet potatoes

Zinc 50mg

Multi-vitamin

Great to see it's helping someone!

Thx for this.

Time to buy -

Quinoa

Sweet potatoes

Zinc 50mg

Multi-vitamin

I just started eating healthy food :)

so far , I feel much better with more energy!!!!

I've bought -

cashew raw

almond butter raw

Organic Cauliflower

Organic Broccoli

Organic baby spinach

Organic Frozen strawberries for my whey protein

Quinoa

Stevia extract

zinc mg50

Organic multi-vitamin

MSM

Organic Ezekiel cereals

Organic Eden unsweetened soymilk

sweet potatoes

Organic brown eggs cage free

Organic 100% All natural oats steel cut

I was like , screw it!!!! and bought all of these.

I could careless about acne , I don't even think about acne anymore.

Going to learn some healthy recipes and cook!!!

I would love to learn how to cook , is entertaining.

On the weekends I would love to try eating new healthy food instead of cheating. :D

I am going to avoid Wheat , sugars , processed , chemical.. etc.

Btw , you think I should just buy non organic food?

Which food should I buy that have to be organic to be safe?

In some cases, the articles are better in the book. The article on elimination diets for example, is so much simpler.

And when did they stop allowing links? Especially links like the ones above which were just links to articles?

Thx for this.

Time to buy -

Quinoa

Sweet potatoes

Zinc 50mg

Multi-vitamin

I just started eating healthy food :)

so far , I feel much better with more energy!!!!

I've bought -

cashew raw

almond butter raw

Organic Cauliflower

Organic Broccoli

Organic baby spinach

Organic Frozen strawberries for my whey protein

Quinoa

Stevia extract

zinc mg50

Organic multi-vitamin

MSM

Organic Ezekiel cereals

Organic Eden unsweetened soymilk

sweet potatoes

Organic brown eggs cage free

Organic 100% All natural oats steel cut

I was like , screw it!!!! and bought all of these.

I could careless about acne , I don't even think about acne anymore.

Going to learn some healthy recipes and cook!!!

I would love to learn how to cook , is entertaining.

On the weekends I would love to try eating new healthy food instead of cheating. :D

I am going to avoid Wheat , sugars , processed , chemical.. etc.

Btw , you think I should just buy non organic food?

Which food should I buy that have to be organic to be safe?

Organic will always be better than standard grade produce, but sometimes it is much cheaper to buy the normal stuff, but if you can, always try to go for organic. And yes, spending time cooking food instead of thinking about junk food (which somehow always ends up with me eating the junk) is a lot better! I've found that when I prepare all my meals in a day, I eat much healthier and I'm less likely to binge on the processed junk in the cupboards (still trying to convince my parents to stop wasting money on junk and only buy raw produce!)

And I've just noticed mods have removed my links. Well, anyway just google "World's Healthiest Foods" or "whfoods" and the main site is the first link. All the articles I tried to link to are just on the left sidebar.