Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
l3azn3t

Questions about Dan's AHA lotion

So I have some questions about his AHA lotion.

1. Can I use this lotion day and night? Like for mornings and in the evenings after I shower, will this affect my skin by using it twice a day?

2. If I were to directly apply AHA lotion onto my skin with no BP, will it be more affective?

3. Should AHA be used only for spots that need to be treated? Or should I use it for spots that dont even have acne?

4. Whats the difference between using the AHA with BP and not using it with BP

Thanks

Alpha Hydroxy Acid is pretty strong stuff, so if you're going to use it, only use it once a day, or once every few days. Using it twice a day would be too harsh.

And as far as I know, using the AHA with BP doesn't affect the AHA's efficacy one way or another. Just be sure to wait ten minutes or so after you apply your BP to apply the AHA so that the BP has time to sink in.

The AHA can be used all over your face (avoiding your lips and eyes). Although it can be used as a spot treatment, it's also effective as an exfoliating moisturizer. Again, though, it's not meant to completely replace your moisturizer, since it's too strong to use all the time.

Alpha Hydroxy Acid is pretty strong stuff, so if you're going to use it, only use it once a day, or once every few days. Using it twice a day would be too harsh.

Does anyone use moisturiser in the morning and then AHA at night instead of moisturiser??

Would this be too strong to do every day??? :think:

Does anyone use moisturiser in the morning and then AHA at night instead of moisturiser??

Would this be too strong to do every day??? :think:

Actually, that's how I use it. I seem to be okay using it every day at night, but some people are more sensitive, and everyday use might just be too much. It's all about finding what works for your skin.

Would this be too strong to do every day???

Actually, that's how I use it. I seem to be okay using it every day at night, but some people are more sensitive, and everyday use might just be too much. It's all about finding what works for your skin.

Also, im hoping to get rid of red marks as my active acne has calmed down quite a bit since being on the regimen. Did you find the AHA helpful with this? Any other suggestions?

I'm trying not to add too many extras to the regimen :think:

Also, im hoping to get rid of red marks as my active acne has calmed down quite a bit since being on the regimen. Did you find the AHA helpful with this? Any other suggestions?

I've found that the AHA does help a bit. In my experience, though, it's better at evening out my overall skin tone than fading hyperpigmentation.

How long have you been on The Regimen? If you've been on it for a few months and it's clearing you up pretty well, you might consider trying extra virgin olive oil on your red marks.

I've found that the AHA does help a bit. In my experience, though, it's better at evening out my overall skin tone than fading hyperpigmentation.

How long have you been on The Regimen? If you've been on it for a few months and it's clearing you up pretty well, you might consider trying extra virgin olive oil on your red marks.

Ive been on the regimen since I joined this site i.e the 19th february. I know thats not long but I have noticed definite improvement in any active acne. Now however my red marks are more noticeable, maybe Im being a bit vain or something but I just wana get rid of the marks.

So would it be too soon to start putting extra virgin olive oil on the marks or should I wait a while longer just to make sure that I don't breakout any time soon?

Ive been on the regimen since I joined this site i.e the 19th february. I know thats not long but I have noticed definite improvement in any active acne. Now however my red marks are more noticeable, maybe Im being a bit vain or something but I just wana get rid of the marks.

So would it be too soon to start putting extra virgin olive oil on the marks or should I wait a while longer just to make sure that I don't breakout any time soon?

I'd say you should probably wait another month or so before trying to add any other treatments into your regimen. Make sure The Regimen can clear you up pretty well before you try changing things up. And when you do, only add in or change one thing at a time, and then wit a while to see how it affects you before making any other changes.

I'd say you should probably wait another month or so before trying to add any other treatments into your regimen. Make sure The Regimen can clear you up pretty well before you try changing things up. And when you do, only add in or change one thing at a time, and then wit a while to see how it affects you before making any other changes.

Ok I'll do that, thanks. Glad to hear as well that the EVOO is working for you :D