Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
leesett

MAC studio fix.what do you think????

Is MAC studio fix okay to use on acne prone skin? I used it before for a pretty long time (like a year) It didn’t seem to be causing me to breakout but then again… I don’t really know. Please share your experience.

It’s the only thing that covers my face really well, but I don’t want to breakout more. I'm currently using Physicians Formula (it covers nothing)

Is MAC studio fix okay to use on acne prone skin? I used it before for a pretty long time (like a year) It didn’t seem to be causing me to breakout but then again… I don’t really know. Please share your experience.

It’s the only thing that covers my face really well, but I don’t want to breakout more. I'm currently using Physicians Formula (it covers nothing)

Is there any kind of MAC powder that works just as well but that is non-comedogenic? I hate foundations.

I've had mine for over a year and use it every once in a while. so far no problems/breakouts/etc..

I think when it comes to makeup that everyone is different, it's a hit or miss. I know people who NEVER breakout and after using MAC foundations, they end up with a face full of blemishes. Others who are acne prone have been able to use MAC with success. If you read read reviews on makeupalley, you'll see that quite a few had some negative reactions to StudioFix. If you used it before and it didn't cause problems, there's no harm in trying it again. Besides, you can return it to a MAC counter if it doesn't work for you. good luck!

MAC studio sculpt foundation > MAC studio fix

I love that foundation too, its fantastic!

Is there any kind of MAC powder that works just as well but that is non-comedogenic? I hate foundations.

You should try my origins powder if you dont like liquid foundation. Also everyday minerals works well too! It might take awhile for you to find the right shade but it works.

Im using mac studio fix liquid concealer, and i think its causing break outs or not making my acne any better. i cant stop using it because i have really bad scars! where can i get the bare mineral makeup or other makeup kits to hide scars and not cause breakouts?

Im using mac studio fix liquid concealer, and i think its causing break outs or not making my acne any better. i cant stop using it because i have really bad scars! where can i get the bare mineral makeup or other makeup kits to hide scars and not cause breakouts?

Go to everydayminerals.com

I have heard soo many times, that it breaks you out. Especially from people that have never even had acne before, so i'd probably not take the risk.

Reason i found this out, was because i was pondering the thought of purchasing it, looked on youtube for some reviews on it, and just decided it wasn't worth the risk :)

I have heard soo many times, that it breaks you out. Especially from people that have never even had acne before, so i'd probably not take the risk.

Reason i found this out, was because i was pondering the thought of purchasing it, looked on youtube for some reviews on it, and just decided it wasn't worth the risk :)

People on youtube think every make up breaks them out.

I never had acne before I used MAC foundation. Now I havent used MAC in a few years at this stage, so I dont blame MAC for acne but I remember when I did use it my skin was really horrific. It seems to be that if MAC is gonna break you out it will break you out BAAAD.

I love their other stuff though, eyeshadows, lip gloss etc.

I never had acne before I used MAC foundation. Now I havent used MAC in a few years at this stage, so I dont blame MAC for acne but I remember when I did use it my skin was really horrific. It seems to be that if MAC is gonna break you out it will break you out BAAAD.

I love their other stuff though, eyeshadows, lip gloss etc.

You wrote you dont blame MAC and then you said it seems to be if MAC is gonna break you out, it will break you out baaad. It cannot be both. Which one is it? You think MAC causes breakouts or not?

Coz a breakout and having acne can be two different things? :eh:

I have acne. Its a skin disease, bad skin, have spots etc etc.

I then get a breakout, a sudden extra spurt of spots and stuff. Not acne just something that can happen with it.

Ergo, I think MAC can break my skin out, but it cant give me a long term skin disease.

I used MAC SFF every day for about a month. I was happy because it didn't seem to be breaking me out at first, and I loved the coverage. That was short-lived unfortunately, after a few weeks it broke me out like crazy :( It's a shame.. I really wanted to like it.

everyone's skin is definitely different. ive used MAC studip fix liquid for years and it doesnt break me out. i think it also has to do with how much you put on and how well you clean it off at the end of the day. its buildable foundation and can be very heavy if you dont apply a small amount at a time. i bet if you leave traces on your skin overnight that can certainly irritate your skin.

ive never used it, but i know a lot of people swear by makeup forever HD foundation and compare it to MAC...its supposed to be really good. not sure how it is for acne prone skin though...

I used MAC Studio Fix Liquid foundation for a couple of years, and to be honest I quite liked it. It offered me the coverage I needed at times, blended well and did not seem to break me out any more or aggravate my current acne. However I will admit that it did tend to look cakey after the 8 hour period or go sligthly chalky if I applied multiple layers. I tried out the MAC Studio Sculpt foundation in comparison to Studio Fix when it came out, and in my opinion the coverage isn't as heavy as Studio Fix, it does feels much nicer on the skin and looks more natural as well. So I would just say see if you can visit a MAC makeup counter or store and get some foundation samples for yourself and try them out and see which one you prefer for yourself :) Good Luck

I've never tried it but if I used that type of make up studio fix would be the one I want to try because I've seen it on my friend and it looks so smooth and gorgeous. She suffers some acne but it seems to cover it really well. I'm not sure if it makes her break out any more though caus she is on accutane.

I've used StudioFix Powder Plus foundation for a year now, and it has never broken me out. Nearly every other make up I had tried made my breakouts much worse, but not the Studio Fix. Clinique didn't make me break out, either, but they don't have the paler shades.

I use both the studio fix in powder form (C6) and liquid form (NC40). I don't find that I have any problems with breaking out if I use a primer (I use both the bareVitamins Prime Time primer and MAC's Prep+Prime for skin, prefer the MAC HANDS DOWN). If I don't use a primer that day, I notice that I am more prone to breakouts.

Make sure you use a good primer and remove your makeup before bed. If you do that, I'm sure you will love studio fix just as I do.

:)

No Studio Fix is comedogenic because it contains the evil isopropyl palmitate or mysterate.

Studio Fix powder does not have isopropyl palmitate, but isostearyl palmitate which is not pore clogging. Here are the ingredients: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, methylparaben, propylparaben, May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

I just started using it again & I'm likng it. Just try not to cake it on, cleanse your face well at night & you'll be fine.

Hello,

Ok my advice is do NOT use this mac studio fix product!!

I had perfectly clear skin...i was taking one doxycycline tablet a day and had no problems. I have never really had any major acne trouble.

I decided to get this product as it was recommended by a friend. I have sensitive skin and within a month a noticed tiny little bumps appearing all over my face, mainly my cheeks as this was where i was putting most of the powder...

it took me so long to realise that it was the makeup causing this reaction. i even changed my doxy over to minoclycline thinking i had become resistant.

when no improvment happened i suddenly realised it was the mac studio fix powder and stopped using it immediately...a month and a half later i have about 5 little bumps on each cheek still....gone down from about 50 however!!!!

scary thing was that this powder actually aggravated the little bumps and turned some of them into some very nasty blinds and normal pimples....

i am now back on doxycycline, but have increased my dosage to 2 per day and my skin is getting clearer and clearer....

i have one pimple left which was originally a little bump caused by this makeup...

however it will be a few more weeks before i am the same as i was before using the product.

overall advise- do not use this product!!! ESPECIALLY on acne prone skin!!

has anyone used clearsil 4 hour spot cream?? i would highly reccommend this cream :)

Hello,

Ok my advice is do NOT use this mac studio fix product!!

I had perfectly clear skin...i was taking one doxycycline tablet a day and had no problems. I have never really had any major acne trouble.

I decided to get this product as it was recommended by a friend. I have sensitive skin and within a month a noticed tiny little bumps appearing all over my face, mainly my cheeks as this was where i was putting most of the powder...

it took me so long to realise that it was the makeup causing this reaction. i even changed my doxy over to minoclycline thinking i had become resistant.

when no improvment happened i suddenly realised it was the mac studio fix powder and stopped using it immediately...a month and a half later i have about 5 little bumps on each cheek still....gone down from about 50 however!!!!

scary thing was that this powder actually aggravated the little bumps and turned some of them into some very nasty blinds and normal pimples....

i am now back on doxycycline, but have increased my dosage to 2 per day and my skin is getting clearer and clearer....

i have one pimple left, which is nearly gone...it was originally a little bump caused by this makeup...

however it will be a few more weeks before i am the same as i was before using the product.

overall advise- do not use this product!!! ESPECIALLY on acne prone skin!!

also, has anyone used clearsil 4 hour spot cream?? i would highly reccommend this cream!!!!!!