Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chrissavestheday

For the people who got clear from taking zinc pills...

i started off taking just the one pill a day (50mg) didnt really notice anything. The success stories from ppl who said they got clear from it all said they took high doses of it. I dont care that it says can be harmful taking more than 50mg a day....I dont buy that. Stuff like advil and ib profin also say not to take more than one pill every 6-8 hrs. Any time I take ib profin i take 4 of those bad boys every 3 hrs and it works great. So anyway, back to the question. How long did it take for you guys to get clear taking the zinc? and how much are you taking? I think im gonna try doin 2 pills a day (100 mg)

I dont care that it says can be harmful taking more than 50mg a day....I dont buy that.

I know. They say cigarettes are bad, too, but they take a really long time to kill you, so who can worry about something like that?

Stuff like advil and ib profin also say not to take more than one pill every 6-8 hrs. Any time I take ib profin i take 4 of those bad boys every 3 hrs and it works great.

Why not? Everybody's got 2 kidneys anyway, so probably you'll be able to find a buddy to give you one if you slam down too many NSAIDs over the years (did you know they get to go to the head of the organ replacement list when their remaining kidney fails?), or just get a little unlucky with them (or just can't read the warning label and thereby fail to follow any of the directions). Besides, dialysis only takes, like, a few hours a day for a few days a week -- plus you'll have those cool yellow eyes at Halloween. It'll rock! :D

So anyway, back to the question. How long did it take for you guys to get clear taking the zinc? and how much are you taking? I think im gonna try doin 2 pills a day (100 mg)

Takes me 48 hours for zinc to stop my acne, when combined with the right other factors (still trying to figure out what those are). Otherwise, it doesn't really help that much at all, no matter how large the dose.

Besides, dialysis only takes, like, a few hours a day for a few days a week -- plus you'll have those cool yellow eyes at Halloween.

And it's so good for the economy. There's a big growing business in private ambulances for taking people to their dialysis. Medicaid/medicare pays a fortune of your tax dollars for this. My brother is partnering in a new private ambulance company. They haven't started yet, but already have dozens of contracts. In these trying times, it's so good to have these industries employing people.

Anyway, I don't know how long it took for zinc to help me. I took it for a awhile, then it was when I was taking a 'stress formula' of 35 mg zinc, b-complex and C, when my skin became less oily and I rarely got any inflamed acne on my face.

Well I am not completely clear, but it DRAMATICALLY improved after about 2 days of 100 mg a day.

However, after that, it seems to be staying the same, (which is okay, because I can deal with a few pimples as opposed to a face full)

There are actually tips, I read them on another post.

One of them is to take your zinc with a B-complex supplement, because I believe B6 helps your body absorb zinc.

Also, try to exercise 3-4 hours before you go to bed, because I guess that build up a chemical (I think l. tryptophan (sp?) ) and when you go to sleep it helps you get more melatonin which helps you absorb \zinc better while you sleep.

Or something to that effect ;) (besides, exercise is good for stress anyway, and would help you sleep better....)

I am afraid though, because I know I can't take 100mg forever.....and I don't know if it will work if I took 50.....but for now my skin is alot better :dance: