Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
missionaryman101

How did u come off antibiotics...

Just wondering how ppl got off it...

Cold Turkey? or was it gradually reduced (ie 2 a day for 3 months, then 1 a day for 3 months, then 1 every other day, the nothing...)

Hi. I took doxycycline for about a year, and then just stopped one day. The acne didn't come back, and so far it's been about two months and it's not back yet. I'm still using Duac gel at night on my face, and I'm hoping that will be sufficient to keep the acne away.

i just switched from doxy to mino. my last dose of doxy was saturday morning and my first does of mino was saturday night smile.gif

Switched from tetra to Mino instantaneously. Literraly took a dose of Tetra in the morning and a dose of Mino at night. Haven't been off anti's for the last two years... I'm really sick of them though... they don't seem to be working...

yea,

i've been on tetracycline for 81 days, and i think ti stopped working. i don't really know if it even started working. i don't know if i should just get off it, since i'm breaking out. i don't want to break out horribly when i stop takin it. or should i adk my derm?

Well i was on them for about a year before i thought i should stop because i knew i would become resistant to them soon enough. So for the last 2 months or so of the course, i started the regimen and after 2 months i just stopped pill popping. So my acne was always being treated one way or the other.