Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sid99

Pimple that never forms a head

Recently I have been getting pimples that are inflamed and dont seem to forms heads. They are still relatively small and I completely avoid touching them. I apply BP on them and they dont seem to increase in size, really hurt that much but also dont seem to go away. Does it take extra long for these types to go away? Also if no puss comes out from them will they come back again once they go away?

hey sid

I have three of these right now, Ive had a few before that have eventually gone away and not come back *fingers crossed*

Try sticking a bit of ibuprofen gel on them, it'll take the swelling away and any pain (it also dries clear, forming a nice protective barrier for them to heal under)

My opinion on these lil blighters is that yes, they are inflamed and angry but they are not yet infected (no pus or head) so treat them kindly and they will hopefully go away :)

thanks a lot. Ye i'm not planning to bother these at all and just let them do there thing. I've learnt my lesson with touching and picking when the time is not right.

thanks a lot. Ye i'm not planning to bother these at all and just let them do there thing. I've learnt my lesson with touching and picking when the time is not right.

haha, havent we all? I took the no picking challenge, was tough but I think Ive finally broken the habit!

Good to know you dont pick anymore like me, I only reserve picking for when it is required e.g. visible head where no extra damage will be caused beyond what has already been caused by nature. That's all, otherwise I just ignore it in the mirror until the damn thing is gone.

There is a second reason to this and that is I noticed even people without acne have some sort of clogged pores which I notice in fluorescent light but they just dont bother. With a lot of acne suffers, whilst they do have visible skin problems more than the average person they are also vitcims of their own crimes in the sense that they make it worse by tampering with the most insignificant bumps or imperfection they can see. blah anyway who cares I dont pick no more and as long as im clear from inflamed acne and red marks im a happy guy even if I get a small spot or 2 now and then.

Good philosophy!

I dont touch ANYTHING, blackheads get ignored, only stuff thats ready to be attacked gets a war waged on it lol

Recently I have been getting pimples that are inflamed and dont seem to forms heads. They are still relatively small and I completely avoid touching them. I apply BP on them and they dont seem to increase in size, really hurt that much but also dont seem to go away. Does it take extra long for these types to go away? Also if no puss comes out from them will they come back again once they go away?

I had a cystic pimple on my chin that just refused to go away and it lasted for three or four weeks. I thought it was a papule but my derm said it was a cyst. He injected it with cortisone. It really does work. The pimple goes away in forty eight hours

ahh we can't get injections here like that in the UK, not that i know off. I just plan to leave the damn thing alone for a week or so, im hoping it will go down with the BP application. I can't be bothered with acne dominating my mind anymore, its been too long. I just apply the acne.org regimen BP every morning and every night in hope that in a few weeks my skin will be fully clear.

I'm trying to find the topical Ibuprofen gel, where can you get it? Any stores that sell it?

You might not have the gel in the USA but any kind of topical anti-inflammatory should do the trick. Its more likely to be a cream over there, just make sure its not the kind that promises to 'warm up tired muscles' that shit'll burn.

*googles*

You guys get Ibunex (spray) Profen HP (cream) Emuprofen (contains emu oil, wtf?) most likely to find them in the sports injury/health care sections of dept stores.

*googles*

You guys get Ibunex (spray) Profen HP (cream) Emuprofen (contains emu oil, wtf?) most likely to find them in the sports injury/health care sections of dept stores.

Thanks, Titch. I'm assuming the Emuprofen might be a good choice since it has emu oil in it? :think: