Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jemenfous5

Dryness beginning in the first week? Is this normal?

Hi-

I started taking 40 mg isotretinoin exactly one week ago and my face is already very dry. I knew dryness was to be expected but I thought it would take a bit longer for it to have that kind of effect. Has this happened to anyone else? This is my second course of isotretinoin. My first course was four years ago so I don't remember when the dryness started.

Hi-

I started taking 40 mg isotretinoin exactly one week ago and my face is already very dry. I knew dryness was to be expected but I thought it would take a bit longer for it to have that kind of effect. Has this happened to anyone else? This is my second course of isotretinoin. My first course was four years ago so I don't remember when the dryness started.

Yes, I think it's totally normal. I started at 20mg a day and it took several weeks to get the dryness. If you started with 40mg then I would say it would kick in sooner than the person on a lower dose. No need to worry, it will be worth it went it's over. What I did when I got really dry, was use a baby brush to help exfoliate when I washed my face. Best of luck to you!