Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gyroscope352

Non-inflammatory acne with the Regimen

I know this sounds like a Regimen forum question, mods, but I think the people who would be able to help me generally lurk this forum more, as this is where most non-inflammatory acne and SA is talked about.

Okay, so quick history - I have been on the Regimen for about two years (holy crap, has it been that long that I've been clear?) and it's pretty much rocked. Except for the fact that, like some, now that my inflammatory acne is gone, I have quite a bit of non-inflammatory acne (a few blackheads, but mostly closed comedones). I started using Dan's SA+ when it came out, once a day in place of my morning BP (I don't think I can do twice a day - I still need some BP strength stuff). Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to have helped me like it has others. In fact, if anything, I notice that I have more clogged pores than I ever did - which doesn't make any sense. Anyone have any idea what my problem might be and how to get rid of these closed comedones?

well have you tried using dan's. aha+ in place of your moisturizer at night? Many others have done this to speed exfoliation to avoid comedones.

well have you tried using dan's. aha+ in place of your moisturizer at night? Many others have done this to speed exfoliation to avoid comedones.

Yeah, I used his AHA+ since it came out (and I stopped when his SA+ came out). The general consensus here on these boards (at least when I was more active) by LionQueen and other more learned people than I was that SA is the most effective form of (chemical) exfoliation when it comes to clogged pores; i.e. that it is better than AHA. So yeah, the AHA didn't work for me and I'm surprised the SA isn't either.