Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Meg H.

How do you combat dirty city water?

I just started going to college in the Pittsburgh, PA area and I have been told that the water here is very dirty. Supposedly it has a lot of chemicals and minerals in it and I have heard that it has a lot of estrogen. Does anyone know the best way to combat these things?

Most people at my school have mild-moderate acne because of the water (they have no acne when they are at home).

Thanks to the DKR I've managed to control breakouts pretty well, but it's very frustrating to still be breaking out when I wasn't at home...

Any suggestions from anyone who lives in or near an industrial city?

im from pittsburgh too, the water tastes good in my opinion :) but is harsh on the skin. Im thinkin of pickin up a water filter, this will soften the water. You should do the same.

I second daxxx's suggestion. For drinking water, there are several filters out there, such as Brita (which I use) and Pur, and if you look online, you'll see that there are also several filters that you can attach to your shower.