Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blacktanhead

Smoking cause "acne and hairloss" in men!!!!

check this out

http://www.frontlinemed.co.uk/Smoking.htm

according to the studies it ups testosterone count which leads to hair loss in men and more body and facial hair for women. Also for smokers who are stubborn and believe it is not a factor and are suffering from acne and are just too stubborn to accept the facts androgens can cause pimples as well and the overall hormones in your body will be messed. Even if its more heredity smoking is definitely a factor so quit as soon as possible. Even if you don't care about your own body please respect other people, I for one absolutely hate the smell and i'm sure non smokers do as well and we do not want second smoke so by smoking you are doing a selfish act in harming others. I don't think you would want anybody else to die because your smoke. So please quit for your health and others.

according to the studies it ups testosterone count

Wrong. In your link, it stated that 1 study found that higher levels of androgens was associated with smoking. There is a huge difference between that, and what you just said.

Yeah, what he said, and...

"associated" does not equal "causal". If it did, we would know exactly what causes acne: everything!

Smoking raises zinc levels, so I'ma fer it -- well, except for the whole cancer thing.

:D

I was a smoker for years. My skin cleared up dramatically after I quit. A couple weeks ago I decided to buy a pack on a whim. After 2 days, my skin was breaking out again.

If you don't think smoking affects your skin, you're pretty naive. It won't give everyone acne, but there is no way it ever helps.

Even if you don't care about your own body please respect other people, I for one absolutely hate the smell and i'm sure non smokers do as well and we do not want second smoke so by smoking you are doing a selfish act in harming others. I don't think you would want anybody else to die because your smoke.

Almost everyone in my family smokes and it is so sad for me to watch it destroy their health and not be able to stop it, please for the love of your families if nothing else don't smoke!! Also I wouldn't be surprised if smoking did cause acne because it contains so many toxic chemicals. My brother is a smoker and his acne is way worse than mine.