Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Spunk

Accutane Relapse Severity

hi i was wondering...if you take accutane and lets say u get a relapse....would it be more severe than you had before? anyone had this problem? please help!

from what i've seen/heard from my derm is that if it does come back it's much less severe, and a lot of people can treat it with a topical, and if not a second course of accutane can usually clear them up. :] good luck if you decide to start the course, i'm sure you'll have great skin in no time <3

Mild acne with a few cysts. 40mgs/day for 4 and half months. the Milder stuff came back after a month or two off. No Cysts though. Topials havent helped that much. Gonna ask for a low dose next and try to rid it for good.

Hi,

Mine started to come back after 4 months off, it's came back pretty much the same I'd say. Red marks seem to be more prominent though but that might just be bad luck.

Katie

I am surprised to find out i'm not the only one who got the relapse issue. I had the greatest skin while on the treatment half a year ago. Didnt take me long to have oily skin again (though not as severe as before). I figure things will only get worse and I rather shell out another few k to make my skin better than to have to live with this skin the rest of my life.

Me too. Im willing to pay the $ rather than have acne. Until I meet my deductable about 450$ I pay off out pocket. Then its virtually free. 450 is well worth clear skin any year! I go to the derm today for the 2 month follow up post tane. Milder acne is back and I have been treating it with topicals for 2 months. I want to go on a low dose for a while to try to get rid of the smaller stuff (with Ive had for a decade) im 28 now. I hope he says yes. Im a prepared to our my heat out if he says No wish me Luck!