Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I know a lot of people come here to share their feelings with everyone. I wanted to be one of them. I am 19 years of age, I have had acne since I was in 8th grade. Currently attending the University of New Mexico and things socially are going good (kinna). I was invited to a dinner by my co workers and I am trying to decide if I am going to show up. I already said I was going but I can't go out looking like this. My face is at its worst atm. I haven't been this bad in a while. I have my first dermatologist appointment April 8th and I am hoping i can go on accutane. I am so sick of wearing products on my face, for the past few weeks I stopped using everything. When I shave I get really angry at myself and I shave really hard until I bleed, after the anger is gone I realize that is only making it worse. I am afraid of scaring. Also what can I do about the red spots on my face? I was wondering if you guys had any recommendations on what I should use till I go to the derm. Also give me your opinion if I should go to dinner tonight or not. Thanks!

post-80673-1236452122_thumb.jpg

post-80673-1236452148_thumb.jpg

post-80673-1236452198_thumb.jpg

post-80673-1236452217_thumb.jpg

post-80673-1236452239_thumb.jpg

post-80673-1236452122_thumb.jpg

post-80673-1236452148_thumb.jpg

post-80673-1236452198_thumb.jpg

post-80673-1236452217_thumb.jpg

post-80673-1236452239_thumb.jpg

You should definitely go. You're a good-looking guy and they asked you to go because they like YOU. Go have some fun and know that it will get better and that you have your derm appointment coming up.

Don't use that shaving technique anymore because it is damaging your skin. Anger can be released in other methods. As for dinner, you should go. Don't allow your social life to suffer because of acne. Enjoy life and all it has to offer. You are not ugly or disgusting to look at.

Thank you. I appreciate both your comments. Ya I really have to stop shaving like that, I it just that I hate looking at myself like this, if I can't find myself good looking how can other people find me good looking.

1 more thing I wanted to share with you guys. I am getting a sleeve tattoo done on my right arm, I like it a lot! And I have always like the way that sleeves look but Deep Deep down I feel like the only reason I got a sleeve tattoo is so that people would stop staring at my face! It is not done yet. but here are some pics of it.

post-80673-1236453905_thumb.jpg

post-80673-1236453916_thumb.jpg

post-80673-1236453925_thumb.jpg

post-80673-1236453905_thumb.jpg

post-80673-1236453916_thumb.jpg

post-80673-1236453925_thumb.jpg

it just that I hate looking at myself like this, if I can't find myself good looking how can other people find me good looking.

Oh, but some women will. There isn't a concrete definition to good looking. Some will find you attractive despite acne. Perhaps there are other physical features that they will like, such as your eyes, lips, body shape, or height? I do know that if you continue to shoot yourself down, the negative attitude will chase away the ones who might be a little interested in you.

my skin looked like how yours does, but for me like a combination throughout the past year. the only difference is i had more pimples on my forehead. ya, you know not to shave like that. for anger (which we all have, i get pissed everytime i look in the mirror), you could work out or go running if you dont already. it relieves the stress, releases endorphins (make you feel good and good for the skin), and get some blood flowing which is good for the skin apparently.

YOU SHOULD GO TONIGHT. dont let acne stop you from living the good moments in your life. Foomph said it best. just dont think about your skin, if its possible. and be confident, i find when i act more confident, ppl react better to my confidence and do not stare/think about my skin. but even better, i dont think about it!

about the accutane, GO FOR IT. i would say that your derm should give you, if you get it, 40mg or 80 mg. when my skin looked like that, i was on 40 mg, got cleared up in 3 months. but now its back :(. but it might be different for you. as for being in college, it might hurt your concentration and effort in your shoolwork (tane tends to do that). so find ways to stay motivated (and drink water! it dries the shit outta ur face and other parts of your skin), but i would say its good overall in the end.

for red marks, check out the ACV toner. basically its a mixture of water, apple cider vinegar, and crushed aspirins mixed together.

it just that I hate looking at myself like this, if I can't find myself good looking how can other people find me good looking.

Oh, but some women will. There isn't a concrete definition to good looking. Some will find you attractive despite acne. Perhaps there are other physical features that they will like, such as your eyes, lips, body shape, or height? I do know that if you continue to shoot yourself down, the negative attitude will chase away the ones who might be a little interested in you.

Ditto.

You should go! Atleast you're good looking under the acne not like me lol. So go have fun :D

I am usually not like this, most of the time I could care less what people think about me.Today is one of those days in which I have been defeated. Again, thank you for the comments.

You're a good lookin' dude brah.. (No homo)

Acne isn't the thing that will determine if you're ugly or not. It's the way you present yourself in my opinion... And to be honest, yours doesn't look all that bad man. Just go and enjoy yourself.

First of all, I feel your pain. Yep there are times when it just gets so overwhelming and infuriating.

Here's hugs for that.

Secondly, you are not ugly.

I just thought you should know that.

Thirdly, go out and have the time of your life if you can. Live it up. Risk. You will never know what could have been otherwise. I know what it's like to have no confidence. You can't just pretend that everything's alright but you can take a risk at something, give it everything you've got, and you might just have a damn fine time.

Keep your chin up! I'm cheering for you!

You're a good lookin' dude brah.. (No homo)

Acne isn't the thing that will determine if you're ugly or not. It's the way you present yourself in my opinion... And to be honest, yours doesn't look all that bad man. Just go and enjoy yourself.

haha this made me smile! thanks!

Thank you for all the comments! You all r too nice!

I agree, you should go. You won't regret it, this has happened to me tons of times. Either I've had a huge scab from picked pimples or what not, I say, what the hell... I'm not going to let this control me. I know it's easier done than said, but when you actually do do it, you'll be proud of yourself. And it'll be easier the next time.

I had a similar situation, whether or not i should go out for dinner with my dad and his co-workers family. Eventually i did go and even though it was pretty boring overall but at least i got out of the house.

yes, I did end up going, was very fun! While I was there I just forgot about my acne and had fun. Thanks again guys! I love this forums!

I am so glad that you went! although I know exactly what you are talking about in feeling self concious. I feel like when I talk to my friends I can see their eyes travel down my face to a spot. Its probably just my imagination but I know the feeling. Anyways, your a good looking dude and you shouldn't let your skin get in the way of how you live your life. I should probabaly take my own advice. Also, off topic your tattoos look awesome!! I have been saving up to get my sleeve. I am gonna start on it in the next couple of months :)

I am so glad that you went! although I know exactly what you are talking about in feeling self concious. I feel like when I talk to my friends I can see their eyes travel down my face to a spot. Its probably just my imagination but I know the feeling. Anyways, your a good looking dude and you shouldn't let your skin get in the way of how you live your life. I should probabaly take my own advice. Also, off topic your tattoos look awesome!! I have been saving up to get my sleeve. I am gonna start on it in the next couple of months :)

Thank You. Like everyone here, I am always paranoid and I always think I see people staring at my face and it is probably not true but that feeling is always there. I am very glad I come to this forums, anytime I think about my acne, I just think about this forums and everyone here and how we all go through the same thing and I am not alone. It helps me a lot. Again, thanks for all the nice comments and hopefully I won't post about something negative again. I will be posting again once I go to the derm and hopefully I can make a accutane log.

Off topic, Glad you like my sleeve tattoo, I went for the Koi fish and i got a water theme going. I like it a lot. It is a very good investment. What are you planning on getting?

Off topic, Glad you like my sleeve tattoo, I went for the Koi fish and i got a water theme going. I like it a lot. It is a very good investment. What are you planning on getting?

Thats awesome! I always love how vibrant color tattoos look. As for me though, I am going with all black and grey. Its really hard to put into words cuz it always sounds cheesy but its gonna be a really dark looking faerie (non human face) with dead wilted sunflowers all around. The person I have been working with has some really neat ideas like through the wings, you will be able to see her skeleton and stuff like that.

skintactix.com do a green tea poultice clay that is good of getting rid of the redness and shine (so you look clearer) it doesn't have anything nasty in it and includes zinc and salysilic acid, though i dont think it helped my skin that much. it's just good for covering up and isn't make up. green things work best caus its the opposite of red or something

i think you should go if youre feeling it, like you'll have a good time. you might surprise yourself and you can always leave if you hate it! say you have a migraine or whatever.. okay you might want a better excuse than that lol but you get my point

i know it looks terrible to you but the truuuuuest thing everrrrrrr is that it doesnt look that bad to other people! it just doesn't. and if theres anyone who thinks or says it does, theyre just a stupid, superficial little creep who doest have better things to think about

good luck getting your accutane!! hope you get it and it all works out

Acne should never be an obstacle to going to fun activities. Even a sock like me sometimes gets down! It's good that you went.

lol what is going on with the sock ? lol