Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
POCAHONTAS

Mineral Makeup for Sensitive Skin?

Any suggestions on which mineral makeup to use for sensitive skin? My skin is so sensitive that if I barely touch it, I get a red mark. I develop acne almost instantly if I eat chocolate or fried foods too.

I've used Bare Minerals for 4 years, but now its starting to make my face break out. Mac, Clinique, Jane Iredale and most drugstore brands all made my face breakout. I haven't worn makeup for over a week because my face is so messed up with eczema and acne. :wall:

hey there!

Estee Lauder recently came out with a hydrating/nourishing mineral powder that has gotten rave reviews!

and since it's a prestigious skincare brand i think it would be perfect for sensitive skin

if you go to your local Macy's or Nordstrom Estee Lauder counters they can match your skin tone for free and give you a 10 day sample to try out!

If you're looking for another mineral makeup, you might want to look into Everyday Minerals (which a lot of people seem to really like) or Physician's Formula.

i've tried foundations from fyrinnae and joppa and i think they give really nice coverage. they also give you a lot of product. i had to mix two colors in order to get a close match, but they do have a lot of shades to choose from. my only complaint would be that fyrinnae's shipping takes forever. right now i'm using physician's formula pressed mineral powder since it's so convenient and i think it works just as good.

Any suggestions on which mineral makeup to use for sensitive skin? My skin is so sensitive that if I barely touch it, I get a red mark. I develop acne almost instantly if I eat chocolate or fried foods too.

I've used Bare Minerals for 4 years, but now its starting to make my face break out. Mac, Clinique, Jane Iredale and most drugstore brands all made my face breakout. I haven't worn makeup for over a week because my face is so messed up with eczema and acne. :wall:

I also have extremely sensitive skin. One thing I changed is my mineral makeup BRUSHES. Most of them are made with natural bristles, i.e. animal hair. Since I switched to brushes with nylon bristles, my eczema has cleared up very well. Try switching to synthetic bristles and see if it helps. Good luck!

hey there!

Estee Lauder recently came out with a hydrating/nourishing mineral powder that has gotten rave reviews!

and since it's a prestigious skincare brand i think it would be perfect for sensitive skin

if you go to your local Macy's or Nordstrom Estee Lauder counters they can match your skin tone for free and give you a 10 day sample to try out!

Agreed! Also to the person who recommended physicians formula - I watched a review on youtube from a girl who had great looking skin, and she said it didn't even last on her skin until noon when she applied it in the morning. It looked like a cakey mess. Definately give the Estee Lauder a try.

Physicians formula loose mineral powder seems to do well on me... it lasts even after sweating, it doesn't look cake-y unless i am extremely dry and flakey. It never irritates or breaks me out and my skin is SUPER sensitive.. only prob is their lightest color is a notch too dark for me.

Try U Glo Girl-- it only has 6 ingredients. Has no bismuth or sparkly stuff but does have spf. It hasn't made me break out.