Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aLeX XeLa

Accutane with nut allergy

Hi am new member to this board and wanted to know if there is an alterantive accutane tablet that doesn't contain peanut oil (or arachis oil if your posh lol).

I was going to take accutane 2 years ago but after learning the peanut oil coating i couldnt risk it - even though the derm guy (who i must say was very moany and uninterested with no sense of humour) didnt even realise this, and was going to give me these anyway - and if it wasnt for me looking it up i wouldnt of known.

Anyway......ive read on another website that someone also with a nut allergy said '1st I was refused the treatment as there was a worry they contained peanut oil, as I have a peanut allergy. However, the Beacon strain 20mg does not appear to contain peanut oil'.Is this true because i am fed up with this acne and finally want to get rid of it once and for all. I also have oily skin so im guessing this helps this aswell.

Ive been on many antibiotics like tetrocycline etc but now become immune - hence why i was advised the accutane. I suppose i am asking this just in hope really but would like your feedback guys and girls if there is something into this different tablet that doesnt contain the peanut oil.

If you wanna know what i use on my skin daily its - avene cleanance cleanser, and aknicare lotion and cream (morning and night).

Thanks in advance.

Repost this topic in the "Accutane Posts" section of this board http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Accutane-posts-f46.html. More people who know about these things will be able to help you there.

I have no idea if it's true, but in any way make sure you know the answer, 'cause having a bad allergy reaction is absolutely horrible and can be life threatening. I know from experience. Your derm is an incompetent motherfucka for not knowing or at least taking into consideration about details like allergies! :xxx::angry:

Moved to Accutane posts.

You will need to coordinate the answer with your doctor and pharmacist, NOT taking anyone's advice from here for something as important and potentially life-threatening as an allergy.

Hi

I am on Beacon isotretinoin and it appears to contain soya-bean oil instead of peanut oil. As Wynne said though, you would need to consult a doctor to be sure that it is safe for a peanut allergy sufferer but certainly if your derm decides that isotretinoin would benefit you, then mention the allergy and ask if this or any other brands are safe.

Cheers for moving my post guys - am pretty new to this website.

Dont worry i wouldnt suddenly take it and am really careful about my allergy (had it for 10 years now - and havent gone near nuts since) and would always first go to doctor beforehand.

So Lora is the beacon isotretinoin still the same as the other one - sounds really good and how are you finding it? Will definatley ask my doc about how safe it is with the allergy as im pretty careful. Do you take this beacon isotretinoin because you have nut allergy as well?

Cheers guys

Hey i was just wondering how it turned out and if you were able to find an alternative since i also have a peanut allergy... my derm also complety missed i had an allergy and it wasnt untill i swallowed my first pill and a family member pointed out there was peanut oil in it forcing me to puke it up 30 seconds later

If you wanna know what i use on my skin daily its - avene cleanance cleanser, and aknicare lotion and cream (morning and night).

Thanks in advance.

Hi, does aknicare really decrease sebum? I'm thinking of getting it. please advise. thanks!