Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nos86

My 2nd accutane journey

day 88..

skin has been doing okay.. my face feels warm sometimes.. although i've not been out in the sun at all...

the rash on the arms are gone. just been moisturzing everyday with curel... my face flakes during the day which sucks ass.. skin is still blotchy looking with redness.. although it's smooth to the touch... oh well. just keep on trucking....

day 97

skin is not doing too good... a couple small zits came up.. skin is super dry but still looks shiny although there is no oil... iam trying to stay positive...

Day 103

Yea, the triple digits mark... Thank goodness. My skin is slowly improving. Redness is still apparent. Seems like I have a sunburn all the time. My face feels warm to the touch.

I've been extra dry lately as well so i've been putting on the moisturizer like crazy. Trying to stay out of the sun desperately but with summer around the corner it is gonna be hard to avoid the sun and heat.

Day 106

Okay so I am now on week 16..

Skin update... i do not have any active pimples but my skin is red with uneven skin tone. I hope it evens out soon.

Mood is up and down with how my skin looks... need a good moisturizer if anyone knows of one please recommend... I get flaky around the corners of my mouth...

Dry eyes and tired

hey good luck to everyone as well as myself....

My derm prescribed me a moisturizer called DML and it works great. Dries quick and feels weightless. I've heard good things about the Purpose brand. I'm going to get their facial cleanser, and I know they have good moisturizers. I think one of them reduces redness.

hey there i just red your log and your improving rapidly. good to hear and your comments are totally relatable!

i also was going to recommend an awesome moisturizer that i personally love and am using

its called Avene anti acne moisturizer. its goes on so nicely it doesnt make your face look more red like some others do. it also does not bring out your blemished right after applying like others do. it actually makes them somehow not look as obvious.

it has this matte feeling to it so like right when you put it on its rich enough to disolve the dryness thats around the mouth chin area and then you can right away put on a touch of make up or whatever you need to apply on for conealing zits and it looks great.

i use it in the mornings and during the day if i need to and it lasts all day long. i also use it before bed and bc its for acne it almost seems like it helps to heal the zits which i feel is unheard of with a moisturizer. i always wake up with my skin feel suppppper soft, clear and matte when i use that moisturizer.

its not too expensive i think its like 18 dollars or something but you dont need alot of it so it goes a long way.

im soo picking about moisturizer. for so long i was using complex 15 and i didnt even like it but i was too nervous to try something new bc i was scared of breaking out from it. but this one is so awsome i will use this for a long long time

maybe you can get a sample of it... and see how you like it.

goodluck and keep posting xoxo

hi! i just read your log and it seems like you're getting there. i know how frustrating it can be, when nobody understands what you're going through. i started my second treatment of accutane 3 weeks ago and i didn't even tell any of my friends because i felt ashamed of having to go through this while all of them have clear skin without doing anything about it. i really hope the rest of your journey goes well and that you'll be done with this soon!

i was on accutane on 12/1/07 and it worked beautifully for me. my face was terrible everywhere. not alot of cystic zits, just alot of white of zits. 5 in one place. i got on accutane and my face cleared up in the first 2 weeks.

the only side effects i had were:

dry lips.

dry skin (not really peeling).

bad back pains.

it completely cleared up my skin for summer 08' and i was so happy but nervous too.

then i became a junior in highschool at age 16. for a good month i broke out around my mouth. i was so mad cause to me i was so used to no zits, but then i used proactive and it cleared it up.

6 months later...im 17 and almost done with junior year. my acne started up again. on 4/1/09 i 2 legit white heads and one big zit under the skin near the left side of my mouth. i popped the white heads but not the one unde the skin. 2 weeks it was gone but i noticed 7-10 little ones popping up under my skin. i blew them off and said screw it.

now its 5/16/09. ive been breaking out constantly since then around my lips. dark blotches everywhere from the ones under the skin and cystic ones popping under my lips. hurts to open my mouth. ive tried the differin benzaclin combo, proactive, cetaphil, and solidyn. no improvements. i went to get a microderm which made it worse. more a coming up and its my prom tonight and my parents are talking about buying me concealer. im a fucking done with this. i play soccer and some people dont even fucking wash their face and they have zero zits. im going to the dermo in 2 weeks and getting back on accutane. i thought it was gone, but its haunting me again. i hope this will be the last resort i have to do for something so gay.

Day 110

Okay so I would say up until he last week of so I 've been battling with redness and uneven skin tone. I was using cerave moisturizer which moisturized but my skin still flaked a little. Then neutrogena sensitive skin moisturizer but it stung a very little bit and made me gook greasy. Then I used Avene clean ac moisturizer which moisturized but was kinda sticky feeling....

I've been using curel original formula on my arms, neck and body to prevent the rash on the back of my hands and arms and neck.. Well I used it on my face and the redness was gone almost immediately. My skin tone is evening out nicely...

My skin looking a lot better as of when I started using the curel... Its so hard to find something that works for you but if you keep trying you will find something that is just right.

Skin is still improving. I don't get flaking as much as before...

Oh and i got a bump on the back of my neck, I think it's a cyst not sure this week. It's still under the skin but hurts when i move my neck...

Okay good luck to all and myself on this journey hopefully every thing will work out nicely.

Day 126 week 18.

Things are getting better.. skin is evening out. no actives. Dry skin dry eyes and dry lips. got a bug bite on my forehead sucks but whatever... I hope this month my skin gets really nice...

i have 8 days left of accutane...

My skin does not have any pimples... i got two tiny ones near my lip but this may be from my lips peeling constantly.

My skin is still red and uneven tone. its smooth to the touch. I hope that my skin evens out well after accutane.

i will post my full response after treatment is done. Not really much to report as far new stuff. major back pain in month 5 but that ended in month 6. this has been a tough journey for me. I read logs where people are getting super great results. as for me the result have been so so. Iam glad not to have any piimples or cyst or bumps.... I just hope the redness goes away soon. and my skin evens out.

thanks for reading

Okay iam done with treatment here is my overview.

Month 1 not too many changes.. dry lips and eyes. side effects setting in.

Month 2 skin breakout, skin is red, skin is starting to dry out, eyes are dry. slight back pains

month 3 not much different from month 2

Month 4 skin starts to get better.. redness still apparent

Month 5 skin is no longer breaking out. skin is still red all side effects in full force. sharp back pains

Monthe 6 not too much different from month five. I finished treatment on July 28. My skin seems to be improving after I finished accutane. redness is starting to subside.

I had quite a few small surface zits come up the day of and the week after I finished up. But the were only on the surface and went away rather quickly.

Still washing once a day at night with purpose soap. and moisturizing.

Only using water in the morning.

I will update as time goes on... Good luck to those out there.

One piece of insight. Accutane works differently for everyone. some never breakout some breakout until the end. just try to see what your body is telling you and make adjustments accordingly. I hope this helps... and thank you to this community for being there when times were so dark... I love you all... May God bless you....

rocklife.